Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com (https://www.camaro5.com/forums/index.php)
-   Camaro 1LE Forum (https://www.camaro5.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=149)
-   -   2014 1LE & ZL1 Pics (https://www.camaro5.com/forums/showthread.php?t=292662)

JJKJ 05-01-2013 10:35 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by PYROLYSIS (Post 6491509)
When they decided they were going to change the front and rear ends they really had no choice but to go away from the quad tail lights. Circles have been done, C5-C6 Corvette. The oblong trapezoid looking shape has been done, C7 Vette. I guess they could have slapped four triangles back there but whatever they do the complaints are going to start rolling in. I love the 2013 1LE as much as anybody but I am really excited about getting a 2014 1LE. I cringed in horror as much as anybody when the 2014 was revealed on that cheesy talk show but it grew on me in 2 days and now to the point where I will have no regrets. The complaints about the C7's rear have slowed to a crawl and it's only a matter of time before people start coming around with this new design. It is possible to like both styles, at least from my side of the fence.

That pic is a good angle. I like the front and the heat extractor on the 1LE. Ditch the chrome strip. The back is another story; I think a dark color is necessary to hide the diffuser design. I think the tail lights can be fixed pretty easily with some tinted or nicely designed aftermarket replacements. Much like the current tails, which I think are not good looking in stock form, a small change like blacking out the surrounds makes a night and day difference.

I think the colors that make the 13 pop, the colors with big contrast, will have the opposite effect on the 14. I think on the 14, the more you can blend the better. Dark color and tail light change and I think you have a winner.

toehead93 05-01-2013 12:06 PM

I think a lot of you guys might like the non-RS better. It has no chrome lip and has the same brake lights as the Z/28. That is what I plan on ordering, a non-RS 1LE in white.

Ivan @ Southwest Speed 05-01-2013 01:19 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by racerx1214 (Post 6489960)
Not being bias, but I dig ours better.

Front end doesn't click with the styling.

Hood looks like a JC whitney creation.

Just can't do the tails.

I think this about summarizes it for me as well.....off to shop a 2013 1LE.

Blah!! :barf:
Ivan

Southern Comfort 05-01-2013 02:00 PM

Evidently these test drives take a pit stop at the Beer Cave... :nod:

For the record, this thread was just an FYI link to check out the latest pics - not to stir controversy over the changes.

It settles a couple rumors:

1) 1LE 14 gets a black hood like the 13
2) rear spoiler is definitely different. Just watch your fingers when closing...
3) got a look at the new ZL1s - changes are not as dramatic

Did anyone foresee the 1LE chin spoiler was going away?

cbass 05-01-2013 02:04 PM

Makes a 2013 1LE very rare. The 1LE was produced in the 2010-2013 body style for only one year and to top it off it was a late introduction in the model year.

Mojave 05-01-2013 05:11 PM

2014s will be fairly rare as well given that the C6 is right around the corner

Mojave 05-01-2013 05:12 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by PYROLYSIS (Post 6491509)
When they decided they were going to change the front and rear ends they really had no choice but to go away from the quad tail lights. Circles have been done, C5-C6 Corvette. The oblong trapezoid looking shape has been done, C7 Vette. I guess they could have slapped four triangles back there but whatever they do the complaints are going to start rolling in. I love the 2013 1LE as much as anybody but I am really excited about getting a 2014 1LE. I cringed in horror as much as anybody when the 2014 was revealed on that cheesy talk show but it grew on me in 2 days and now to the point where I will have no regrets. The complaints about the C7's rear have slowed to a crawl and it's only a matter of time before people start coming around with this new design. It is possible to like both styles, at least from my side of the fence.

:thumbup: I am with you and I can't wait to order my car next month.

SUKXOST 05-01-2013 05:24 PM

did this guy just make a thread of an already existing Camaro5 thread.....WTF

:frusty:

:suicide:

PYROLYSIS 05-01-2013 05:33 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Southern Comfort (Post 6492660)
Did anyone foresee the 1LE chin spoiler was going away?

Not really. I was worried when I saw RLHMarines' thread but was hoping it would still make an appearance. They probably omitted it cause it didn't fit with the new "performance enhanced" body changes. I think the price of the 1LE package should drop without the splitter. GM thought a lot of that splitter. Look how much they charged for the Dusk edition and the Hot Wheels edition.
Quote:

Originally Posted by Mojave (Post 6493238)
:thumbup: I am with you and I can't wait to order my car next month.

:drinking:

Bad@ssCamaro 05-01-2013 05:33 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by JJKJ (Post 6491773)
That pic is a good angle. I like the front and the heat extractor on the 1LE. Ditch the chrome strip. The back is another story; I think a dark color is necessary to hide the diffuser design. I think the tail lights can be fixed pretty easily with some tinted or nicely designed aftermarket replacements. Much like the current tails, which I think are not good looking in stock form, a small change like blacking out the surrounds makes a night and day difference.

I think the colors that make the 13 pop, the colors with big contrast, will have the opposite effect on the 14. I think on the 14, the more you can blend the better. Dark color and tail light change and I think you have a winner.

You could also have it painted body color. I think that would offset the imbalance some....It would be an improvement. :)

Casperadub70 05-01-2013 05:44 PM

Do you think they will come out with another stock body kit? If so might just add that.

natmad 05-01-2013 05:45 PM

"already existing thread..."

I was glad to see the pics as I don't spend much time outside the 1LE section. The 1LE is the reason I want a Camaro now. Used to want a Boss 302. More bang for the buck with the Chevy. :thumbsup:

Southern Comfort 05-01-2013 07:39 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by SUKXOST (Post 6493281)
did this guy just make a thread of an already existing Camaro5 thread.....WTF

:frusty:

:suicide:

Nope. It was intended to be an FYI link for my fellow 1LE enthusiasts.

Cooley 05-01-2013 09:15 PM

All I can say about the refresh is....:emoticon1:


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 10:04 AM.

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.9 Beta 4
Copyright ©2000 - 2018, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.