Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com (https://www.camaro5.com/forums/index.php)
-   Guides, Manuals, Bulletins, Documentation Archive (https://www.camaro5.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=40)
-   -   OFFICIAL 2010 Camaro Specifications (full tech specs PDF inside) (https://www.camaro5.com/forums/showthread.php?t=5250)

DGthe3 04-16-2009 06:51 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by JOHNHOF (Post 411261)
I like what I read about the new Camaro and I am on a list to look at one when it hits my local dealer. My intended use for the car is for road courses, not racing more like time trials, schools, and occasional street use. Has there been any talk about a light weight version? While the weight on the spec sheets is OK for the street I would like to have one in the 3,300 or 3,400 Lb range without needing to replace seats... right after I buy it.

Nothing has been said about a lightweight special. Although, if the car is not intended to ever be used on the streets GM is selling body shells (no powertrain, interior, suspension, or VIN). As for weight reduction, 500 lbs would be a stretch even with swapping the seats.

I have not seen if the car can be gotten with a limited slip or what the ratio will be. Any word here about that?

All Camaros except for the V6 auto come with a limited slip

Also can a manual be had without the 1 to 4 skip shift like in the Corvette?

No, but it is deflatable with a tune, a resistor bought from radioshack, or a heavier right foot.

This is the first new model anyone has come out with in a long time that might fit my unique requirements and that I am really excited about.

My current fun/track car is a 1995 BMW M3 and I have used it for many years not because I could not replace it but because it fit my needs better than anything coming out and I was not happy with the looks of stuff I saw. The new Camaro could have me starting a new project and moving away from the M3 as my primary fun car. And for me that is saying allot of good about the Camaro.

Thank you in advance for any info.

John

Welcome to the site, my main responce is in bold. We have had a few discussions about skipshift if you want to know more please use the search feature. Weight reduction is another issue. We only have guesses as to what can be done, but lightweight body pannels and such won't be available right away.

JOHNHOF 04-17-2009 11:27 AM

car

Quote:

Originally Posted by DGthe3 (Post 411431)
Welcome to the site, my main responce is in bold. We have had a few discussions about skipshift if you want to know more please use the search feature. Weight reduction is another issue. We only have guesses as to what can be done, but lightweight body pannels and such won't be available right away.

Thank you for the response.

I was not aware a shell is available. I will drive the car on the street even if only a 500 miles a year. Some tracks within 5 hours from the house I drive to. And I need it street legal if I decide to run One Lap of America.

The remark about seat replacement was meant as a figurative starting point for discussion of weight.

John

Dragon 06-11-2010 06:14 PM

Can anyone know how to remove the bow tie on the front grill?

Dragon 06-11-2010 06:16 PM

Correction - Does anyone know how to remove the front bow tie on the grill?