Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com (https://www.camaro5.com/forums/index.php)
-   Camaro Price | Ordering | Tracking | Dealers Discussions (https://www.camaro5.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=10)
-   -   2010 Camaro Coupe Insurance Rates (https://www.camaro5.com/forums/showthread.php?t=6852)

GM4LIFE 09-16-2008 11:42 PM

2010 Camaro Coupe Insurance Rates
 
Well I just had an accident that was a "both at fault" accident if that makes any sense so my record is kinda tainted a bit. I dont have any other violations or what not. As some of you may remember I am going to be trading off my 2008 G5 GT for my Camaro. I can afford an SS, but if insurance rates are going to be high prob going have to jus stick with a V6.

Anyone have any clue as to how much insurance is going to be? or when it will be released? I pay $450 every six months for full coverage with my G5 I have state farm as a provider. According to state farm my car is the highest for pontiac. what is amazing is how low the solstice is. Look for yourself.

http://www.statefarm.com/insurance/a...ng/pontiac.asp

Appreciate the Help!!! thanks!

JiXeR'z DoDgE/FoRd KiLLeR 09-16-2008 11:45 PM

If you're 25 or older probably somewhere around 625-700

GM4LIFE 09-16-2008 11:49 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by JiXeR'z DoDgE/FoRd KiLLeR (Post 131687)
If you're 25 or older probably somewhere around 625-700

yeah, im 20 but im under my parents family plan. if i wasnt my insurance would be EXPENSIVE!

13F20 09-17-2008 12:07 AM

Not for the Camaro SS. But I did go threw Gecko and said I wanted to do full coverage on a 2008 Corvette and I have a couple of crashes. The quote was $96.00 per mo.

Just testing the waters. By the way I am 29yrs old.

JiXeR'z DoDgE/FoRd KiLLeR 09-17-2008 12:19 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by 13F20 (Post 131700)
Not for the Camaro SS. But I did go threw Gecko and said I wanted to do full coverage on a 2008 Corvette and I have a couple of crashes. The quote was $96.00 per mo.

Just testing the waters. By the way I am 29yrs old.

Thats a good price. But seeing how our friend here is only 20 they're gonna sky-rocket his incsurance on a sports car like a CaMaRo ya kno...

headpunter 09-17-2008 12:28 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by JiXeR'z DoDgE/FoRd KiLLeR (Post 131707)
Thats a good price. But seeing how our friend here is only 20 they're gonna sky-rocket his incsurance on a sports car like a CaMaRo ya kno...

not really in my experience. its an entry level coupe. they are going to be looking more at how much parts are gonna cost on the car. insurance companies have shed alot of liability due to anti racing clauses. i drive what was an almost $30,000 truck, and i only pay about $100/month with $500k in coverage with state farm. that is after i was in an accident that did $12k in damage to the truck. and i still only pay 100/month. gotta love state farm since im only 21

fbird777 09-17-2008 12:57 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by 13F20 (Post 131700)
Not for the Camaro SS. But I did go threw Gecko and said I wanted to do full coverage on a 2008 Corvette and I have a couple of crashes. The quote was $96.00 per mo.

Just testing the waters. By the way I am 29yrs old.

Thats a good quote, I got quoted $95 a month for full coverage on a 2006 Corvette, the two tickets I have have been off my record for 3 years. I am also only 22 years old.

JaysonAych 09-17-2008 01:20 AM

I'm stunned by the rates on the Corvettes mentioned here. I've got a nearly 7 year old Stratus...I've made three claims in almost 15 years of driving, 1 of them being a vandalism claim and only 1 of them being above $500, and the last one 4 years ago, and I've never had a ticket, and I'm paying about $600/every 6 months.

I do live in the city, and I'm through USAA which provides excellent service, but man...paying about as much for my insurance on a V-6 grocery getter as a younger Corvette driver?

fbird777 09-17-2008 01:28 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by JaysonAych (Post 131740)
I'm stunned by the rates on the Corvettes mentioned here. I've got a nearly 7 year old Stratus...I've made three claims in almost 15 years of driving, 1 of them being a vandalism claim and only 1 of them being above $500, and the last one 4 years ago, and I've never had a ticket, and I'm paying about $600/every 6 months.

I do live in the city, and I'm through USAA which provides excellent service, but man...paying about as much for my insurance on a V-6 grocery getter as a younger Corvette driver?

I live in small city and I am with Nationwide.

JiXeR'z DoDgE/FoRd KiLLeR 09-17-2008 01:30 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by headpunter (Post 131712)
not really in my experience. its an entry level coupe. they are going to be looking more at how much parts are gonna cost on the car. insurance companies have shed alot of liability due to anti racing clauses. i drive what was an almost $30,000 truck, and i only pay about $100/month with $500k in coverage with state farm. that is after i was in an accident that did $12k in damage to the truck. and i still only pay 100/month. gotta love state farm since im only 21

Well maybe it's just my state Idk...

srtclg1007 09-17-2008 08:26 AM

If you're married put your wife on the Camaro and it'll be cheaper.

SS4EVER 09-17-2008 09:02 AM

Yeah, there's soo many factors that decide your insurance rates, it's really hard and I'd add maybe misleading to ask what other people are paying or think they will pay.

1.) Which insurance company
2) Your location
3) Your Age
4) Your driving record
5) how much you are willing to pay for your deductable

and other reasons too...

I know I'm planning on getting the V6 so I'm not really too worried.

Raven 09-17-2008 09:24 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by JaysonAych (Post 131740)
I'm stunned by the rates on the Corvettes mentioned here. I've got a nearly 7 year old Stratus...I've made three claims in almost 15 years of driving, 1 of them being a vandalism claim and only 1 of them being above $500, and the last one 4 years ago, and I've never had a ticket, and I'm paying about $600/every 6 months.

I do live in the city, and I'm through USAA which provides excellent service, but man...paying about as much for my insurance on a V-6 grocery getter as a younger Corvette driver?

Wow, really? I always thought that USAA was unbeatable when it comes to rates. Our numbers are skewed so I can't really give you a comparison since we have too many cars. I do have our 99 Vette on a policy by itself with Nationwide, liability with UIM and something else with pretty high limits and it's $45 a month. That's for 2 drivers, married and nothing on our records (that I know of). Make sure that State Farm will even cover a Camaro as a sole vehicle. Some companies won't do it. I was shopping rates a few years ago when I bought my house and I was going to go through AllState since it was soooo much cheaper on my homeowners, but they wouldn't do my auto since all I had at the time was my '01 Z28. Needless to say, they won't ever get my business. If you have more than one policy with them (homeowners, renters, etc.) you should get a discount for that as well. As stated before, there are many factors that come into play when determining your rates.

If I were you, I'd call your agent and just talk to them about it. They will want to know the approximate cost of the car to be able to give you a ballpark idea of what it will do to your rate. If they are a good agent and have been in the business a while, they should be able to do that for you without having to rely on their software to tell them what the rate will be.

The_Stache 09-17-2008 09:51 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Raven (Post 131815)
Wow, really? I always thought that USAA was unbeatable when it comes to rates. Our numbers are skewed so I can't really give you a comparison since we have too many cars. I do have our 99 Vette on a policy by itself with Nationwide, liability with UIM and something else with pretty high limits and it's $45 a month. That's for 2 drivers, married and nothing on our records (that I know of). Make sure that State Farm will even cover a Camaro as a sole vehicle. Some companies won't do it. I was shopping rates a few years ago when I bought my house and I was going to go through AllState since it was soooo much cheaper on my homeowners, but they wouldn't do my auto since all I had at the time was my '01 Z28. Needless to say, they won't ever get my business. If you have more than one policy with them (homeowners, renters, etc.) you should get a discount for that as well. As stated before, there are many factors that come into play when determining your rates.

If I were you, I'd call your agent and just talk to them about it. They will want to know the approximate cost of the car to be able to give you a ballpark idea of what it will do to your rate. If they are a good agent and have been in the business a while, they should be able to do that for you without having to rely on their software to tell them what the rate will be.

:word:

100% correct only your dealer can give you an accurate estimate for you individual situation.

On my end though, I currently pay 120/month (720/6month) for my 2004 dodge ram (full coverage replacement, $500 deductible) AND my wifes 2005 toyota tacoma (full coverage replacement, $250 deductible). For me the low price comes from many things most notably the discounts. both me and wife over 25, never been in accidents, last speeding ticket was in 2000(me), multiple car discount, multiple policy discount (same company does our house insurance). It would probably drop to 100/month if we went with 500 deductible for the wifes taco but its actually appriciating in value currently due to being a small truck with almost no miles on it (18k miles).


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 02:43 AM.

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.9 Beta 4
Copyright ©2000 - 2018, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.