Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com (https://www.camaro5.com/forums/index.php)
-   Camaro Price | Ordering | Tracking | Dealers Discussions (https://www.camaro5.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=10)
-   -   Dear GM - Please don't forget about the small town guys (https://www.camaro5.com/forums/showthread.php?t=13012)

JMAN311 02-06-2009 05:18 PM

Dear GM - Please don't forget about the small town guys

Anyone else order from a smaller dealer that didn't get an allocation yet? Worried about not getting your car til after summer?

I know it's early to be drawing this conclusion and maybe I'm just feeling sorry for myself and thinking the worst after hearing of all the larger dealers allocations. But I don't think I'm too far off that it could be fall before I see my order.

I have a gut feeling that the smaller dealers with only 1 or 2 total allocations won't get them til later in the year. The smaller town guys that can't do the volume usually seem to get shafted with receiving stuff 4-6 months after everyone else in the bigger cities. This always seems to occur with new models. Case in point...this is what happened to my dealer when the G8's came out. They were sent a V6 G8 and was told they wouldn't get any others. Well eventually 6 months later they finally landed a G8 GT so I'm thinking it's about to happen with the Camaro, especially since I want a 2SS. With my luck their 1 allocation will only be for a V6 so they will probably end up with 2 V6's for all year. The one that didn't count towards allocation and the one they might only be allowed to order. Even if they can get a V8 it could be months and months til GM pulls an order from them.

Rodrunner 02-06-2009 05:32 PM

So, their concensus number today was 0?

steelwheels 02-06-2009 05:41 PM

Don't feel that way! Forget the small allocation dealers for your Camaro. Go back there if you need a Malibu. I once drove to a Maine dealer and back to CT (then a ride back again to get the ol 3 series that i abandoned there like a BK wrapper) and got my car because of lack of allocation here in CT. They even gave me a temp plate to drive back with. Get on the computer and find a dealer that will give you what you want!! GL

JMAN311 02-06-2009 05:42 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Rodrunner (Post 279248)
So, their concensus number today was 0?

Yep, showed 0 allocation. And I bet that's what it will show next couple months too.

JMAN311 02-06-2009 05:47 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by steelwheels (Post 279258)
Don't feel that way! Forget the small allocation dealers for your Camaro. Go back there if you need a Malibu. I once drove to a Maine dealer and back to CT (then a ride back again to get the ol 3 series that i abandoned there like a BK wrapper) and got my car because of lack of allocation here in CT. They even gave me a temp plate to drive back with. Get on the computer and find a dealer that will give you what you want!! GL

I just really like this dealer. I've got my last 3 cars from them and know them well. It would be hard for me to trust a larger dealer as much. But I guess it is my own fault for not going somewhere that I knew would have a larger allocation.

My new Camaro 02-06-2009 05:52 PM

i ordered from a small dealership because i know the owner, good guy. he told me to expect late april early june

trm0002 02-06-2009 05:54 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by JMAN311 (Post 279271)
I just really like this dealer. I've got my last 3 cars from them and know them well. It would be hard for me to trust a larger dealer as much. But I guess it is my own fault for not going somewhere that I knew would have a larger allocation.

There's nothing wrong with being comfortable where you are. Question: If your dealer shows 0, what's his/her total allocation?

JMAN311 02-06-2009 06:23 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by trm0002 (Post 279281)
There's nothing wrong with being comfortable where you are. Question: If your dealer shows 0, what's his/her total allocation?

Their total they were given on the gmlaunch.com site before it was taken off through Q3 was only 1.

trm0002 02-06-2009 06:28 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by JMAN311 (Post 279308)
Their total they were given on the gmlaunch.com site before it was taken off through Q3 was only 1.

Ouch... But I would suspect that the "little" guys will be taken care of no later than the middle of the run- it's just the right thing to do. That would put you in late June, early July at the latest IMO.

JMAN311 02-06-2009 06:47 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by trm0002 (Post 279320)
Ouch... But I would suspect that the "little" guys will be taken care of no later than the middle of the run- it's just the right thing to do. That would put you in late June, early July at the latest IMO.

I think the right thing to do would be to just let all the little guys have their 1 car right away, lol. If they were cranking them out at full speed near the end of March it would only take them a few days to make all the smaller dealer's cars....but I'm a bit biased on that one of course :D

UCF w00t 02-06-2009 06:54 PM

That's surprising as I thought all dealers were getting the v6 for their showroom and then at least one from their allocation (v6 or v8) in the first month.

Camaro_Corvette 02-06-2009 06:56 PM

I would definitely be buying from a small town dealer. I hope they get some in...

EllwynX 02-06-2009 06:57 PM

I'm not sure just how 'big' the dealer I ordered from is actually. They were allocated 5. And I've never been there since I ordered via the phone.

But the 2 dealerships close to me were allocated 2 and 3 apiece. Both were ignorant to me when I talked to them about ordering, so I personally hope they don't get theirs for months. They refused to accept orders anyway so nobody will be screwed out of their order.

Sizzox 02-06-2009 06:59 PM

I ordered from a small dealer not as small as yours their total was 3 through Q3 but idk what they got today in their consensus, they close at 5 today and thats when I got out of work so I got to call them tomorrow to find out. I wouldn't buy from any one else. The owner was my salesmen and he has been best friends with my dad scince high school so long time haha.