Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com (https://www.camaro5.com/forums/index.php)
-   Cosmetics and Lighting Modification Discussions (https://www.camaro5.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=37)
-   -   THE MOTHER OF ALL THREADS ABOUT STRIPE PACKAGES!!!! (https://www.camaro5.com/forums/showthread.php?t=8624)

TAG UR IT 01-21-2009 12:10 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Rogue Leader (Post 257171)
One thing regarding this.

From the SEMA pictures and confirmed by John Cox I believe, the Hockey stripes are not going to extend below the turn signal.

I wish they did..... but I'm still getting them.

Mine will.:cool:

Rogue Leader 01-21-2009 12:17 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by TAG UR IT (Post 257179)
Mine will.:cool:

I hope someone offers the Vinyl pre cut to do it ourselves. A small color Matched SS logo to go in between next to the turn signal would rock as well...

D1BADZ 01-21-2009 12:41 PM

I would buy that

Quote:

Originally Posted by Rogue Leader (Post 257192)
I hope someone offers the Vinyl pre cut to do it ourselves. A small color Matched SS logo to go in between next to the turn signal would rock as well...

I agree , i will definately buy the extension,
Tag are you making yours?

Also does that look matte black to you???

BlackXIV 01-21-2009 01:22 PM

I'm sure the answer is here somewhere, but are the black rally stripes going to be shiney paint like the CGM stripes from the picture or are they going to be matte black?

Rodrunner 01-21-2009 01:56 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BlackXIV (Post 257261)
I'm sure the answer is here somewhere, but are the black rally stripes going to be shiney paint like the CGM stripes from the picture or are they going to be matte black?

I believe we have yet to see them on a car and from the pictures at the Chevy site it's really hard to tell. So, sorry I don't have an answer for you, maybe someone else does. :iono:

BlackXIV 01-21-2009 02:19 PM

i plan to powder coat my rims to match. i dont think the midnight silver is going to be dark enough.

PQ 01-23-2009 03:05 PM

I wonder how many will get one whith no stripes at all. Sounds like if you wanted to be different and not do it custom, you could just get one with none at all.

D1BADZ 01-23-2009 03:47 PM

No dude

Quote:

Originally Posted by irpq11 (Post 259989)
I wonder how many will get one whith no stripes at all. Sounds like if you wanted to be different and not do it custom, you could just get one with none at all.

hahahahah:laughabove::laughabove:

No dude, remember your in the " THE MOTHER OF ALL THREADS ABOUT STRIPE PACKAGES!!!! "
:sm0:

Xanthos 01-25-2009 08:33 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by D1BADZ (Post 260042)
hahahahah:laughabove::laughabove:

No dude, remember your in the " THE MOTHER OF ALL THREADS ABOUT STRIPE PACKAGES!!!! "
:sm0:

Is that kinda like "your mom?"

Your mom is a thread about stripe packages!
- Xanthos

Badger 02-11-2009 12:17 PM

Can anyone confirm the color of the Silver stripes to be that of the Silver Ice Metallic??..the catalog has it as Switchblade Silver..which I believe is the same as the new Blade Silver on the Vette that is also the same as SIM...will the stripes have a metallic look like the CGM stripes?? Thanks in Advance

Xanthos 02-11-2009 01:10 PM

I'm not sure if they will be perfectly matched to the SIM, but they should definitely be metallic. Most people pretty much assume silver = metallic and GM would end up letting a lot of people down if they weren't metallic.
- Xanthos

Badger 02-11-2009 01:13 PM

:thumbsup: Agreed thanks

Rodrunner 02-11-2009 01:57 PM

^^^I agree too, but that's common sense talking, not knowledge. Ha!Ha!

What's up, Hylton? I'm too lazy to look through this whole fricking thread to find the answers myself, if they're even in here....soooo....got any idea if the rear deck stripe band between the taillights is part of the Hockey only stripe package? And is there any indication the center hood stripe may become a package by itself?

Thanks, buddy!!

Hylton 02-11-2009 02:06 PM

Hi Rod,

They are both available separately but you must buy over the counter. If you buy the center hood stripe, you will also get the rear center stripe. I'll try and hunt down the part numbers for you.