Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com (https://www.camaro5.com/forums/index.php)
-   Cosmetics and Lighting Modification Discussions (https://www.camaro5.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=37)
-   -   THE MOTHER OF ALL THREADS ABOUT STRIPE PACKAGES!!!! (https://www.camaro5.com/forums/showthread.php?t=8624)

Rodrunner 12-16-2008 10:20 AM

Hey, Hylton. Freezin' your butt off up there in CA? I noticed in the '09 GMPP catalog that's recently been posted in a thread here that the Hockey Stripe package has been broken apart, but only the Hockey stripe is available separately, no Hood stripe only. And either way they're only available in grey, black and white. This might be the same info. as shown in the SEMA pics on page 2 which won't display for me here at work. If so, sorry for reposting. I thought maybe you hadn't seen it since your first page stripe facts list has not changed. Of course, being GMPP, only those numbers are given, no RPO or LPO codes.

And this is off subject, but can you shed any light for me on the exact uses of LPO and RPO codes. I know what the accronyms stand for, but if RPO is a code to be used at the time of ordering the car and installed at the factory, when is an LPO code used for dealer installed items, also at the time of ordering? And then after delivery a GMPP number must be used?

Hylton 12-16-2008 11:37 AM

Hi Rod - you get used to the cold after a while, just ask Santa! The easiest way to describe the definitiin of the codes is that RPO means factory installed option and LPO means dealer installed or acquired option.

Rodrunner 12-17-2008 08:03 AM

Thanks, buddy! Santa...cute :)

ZombieEatsYou 12-17-2008 06:54 PM

1 Attachment(s)
Quote:

Originally Posted by Hylton (Post 211650)
If you are talking about the rally stripes then I believe they will stop half-way up the blade spoiler. The stripes will certainly not wrap around the blade spoiler to be visible on the rear part of the blade.

So the rally stripes don't wrap around the spoiler like this?

Hylton 12-17-2008 06:56 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ZombieEatsYou (Post 219582)
So the rally stripes don't wrap around the spoiler like this?

Yes it will but that is not the blade spoiler.

70 COPO 12-17-2008 09:25 PM

Zombie,

Look here: http://www.camaro5.com/forums/showth...?t=9238&page=5

Specifically post # 105. This info may help.

ZombieEatsYou 12-18-2008 05:33 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Hylton (Post 219588)
Yes it will but that is not the blade spoiler.

oh, I remember now; there's 3 types right? What's that one called? The brochure just says "spoiler."

Hylton 12-18-2008 08:24 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ZombieEatsYou (Post 219972)
oh, I remember now; there's 3 types right? What's that one called? The brochure just says "spoiler."

There's no official name but we have been calling it the SS or RS spoiler.

IRONMAN/SS 12-19-2008 09:56 PM

OK, whats the name of those stripes that are on the 4th gen that that diagonally come from the tire well up to the edge of the hood????????????

Hylton 12-19-2008 10:55 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BLACK_SS (Post 221965)
OK, whats the name of those stripes that are on the 4th gen that that diagonally come from the tire well up to the edge of the hood????????????

My guess is that they are Lemans stripes. Check with the Corvette crew. The LE Ron Fellows Corvette comes with those stripes from the factory so you might want to research that car.

ZoomZoom 12-29-2008 02:58 PM

Hi -- opinion needed -- would cyber gray metallic stripes on silver ice metallic 2ss/rs look ok or would black look better? After looking at a few of the photo shop pic's I just can't decide if there would be enough contrast between the 2 colors. Don't want the stripes to fade into the body color. Also I think I read in some thread that you could now order & pay for just the hockey stripe. I don't really like that one wide hood stripe.

EXTREME 01-01-2009 05:55 PM

BUUUUUMP!!!

Hylton 01-01-2009 07:27 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ZoomZoom (Post 228183)
Hi -- opinion needed -- would cyber gray metallic stripes on silver ice metallic 2ss/rs look ok or would black look better? After looking at a few of the photo shop pic's I just can't decide if there would be enough contrast between the 2 colors. Don't want the stripes to fade into the body color. Also I think I read in some thread that you could now order & pay for just the hockey stripe. I don't really like that one wide hood stripe.

To answer your first question, it's purely a matter of personal taste. On a silver car, I much prefer the black stripes as it will stand out more. You will be able to order the hockey stick stripes without the wide one. Look for an earlier post showing the part numbers for black and grey hockey stick stripes. Please note that if ordering only hockey stick stripes, you must order them as an LPO (dealer installed).

autoguy 01-06-2009 10:13 PM

I just wanted to let you guys know I have been receiving the emails with stripe ideas, and I have been compiling them. As soon as we can get a car to use for a template, we will be adding them to our website. http://www.ridergraphix.com