Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com (https://www.camaro5.com/forums/index.php)
-   5th Gen Camaro SS LS LT General Discussions (https://www.camaro5.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=2)
-   -   June 2013 Camaro Sales and Production Figures (and vs. Mustang & Challenger) (https://www.camaro5.com/forums/showthread.php?t=305292)

Enator 07-02-2013 09:52 AM

June 2013 Camaro Sales and Production Figures (and vs. Mustang & Challenger)

7 Attachment(s)
June 2013 Delivery (sales) Stats:

Camaro June 2013 Deliveries (actual sales): 7,236 -21% (Pr Ye) :mad0260:

June 2013 Production Stats:

Camaro Produced in June 2013: ???

Compared to Competition:

Mustang sold 9,243 units in June 2013. -10% (Pr Ye) :bonk:
Challenger sold 5,101 units in June 2013. 27% (Pr Ye) :laughabove:

Jonster 07-02-2013 09:53 AM

wow...challenger had a huge increase

Est.July.4.1776 07-02-2013 10:17 AM

I was one of those 7,236 people. :)

87GNX 07-02-2013 11:03 AM

Wow mustang is doing well for a 10 year old platform.

DrSkull 07-02-2013 11:32 AM

Thanks for the charts , I have been a member here for quite awhile and decided against the Camaro and last month picked up a 2013 Challenger R/T , love this car , not upset with my choice though a black on black Camaro ZL1 is still badass :)

PYROLYSIS 07-02-2013 12:27 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by NVmyZL1 (Post 6742723)
And halfway through the year, Camaro now trails Mustang in sales....

Yep. This is not good. Time to start rolling out the rebates.

87GNX 07-02-2013 01:25 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by PYROLYSIS (Post 6742781)

This is what the 14' Camaro refresh was for. Ford is coming out with a new stang in less than a year. The 2013 refresh on the mustang was a big gamble and it worked. Sales prove it. Let's see how it does.

theamcguy 07-02-2013 05:59 PM

First off I want to thank you for this thread that you post every month. I really appreciate the information. For the last two months I have noticed that you have not posted the Camaro Deliveries vs Production Chart. I really miss that. Although I do appreciate the information in the Average Sales per Month Chart. Thank you again

FenwickHockey65 07-02-2013 07:22 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by theamcguy (Post 6744187)
First off I want to thank you for this thread that you post every month. I really appreciate the information. For the last two months I have noticed that you have not posted the Camaro Deliveries vs Production Chart. I really miss that. Although I do appreciate the information in the Average Sales per Month Chart. Thank you again

GM no longer releases production information.

Enator 07-03-2013 12:28 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by theamcguy (Post 6744187)

Thank you yourself. You got you answer any way ;)

RLHMARINES 07-03-2013 01:09 AM

Ford has been putting a lot of money on the hood of Mustangs as compared to Chevy not doing the same for the Camaro. This is still a good showing for the muscle coupe segment as a whole but its time for Chevy to add a little more to the pot while not driving down resale value with huge rebates.

Bad@ssCamaro 07-06-2013 09:56 AM

If the Challenger continues at the rate that it's going, it will catch up to Camaro sales at some point early next year if you go by the Trending chart.

Beehave 07-06-2013 05:11 PM

+1 for Challenger

:happyanim: Have a Camaro 2010:nod:, got a 2013 Challenger end of March and really enjoy the car alot;) Dodge has a good thing going with the Challenger no matter what anyone says.

roorback 07-06-2013 06:02 PM

Chally's look nice but are bloated pigs. I can see good in buying any one of the 3. I obviously prefer the Camaro....until 2014 of course.

ssrs2lt 07-06-2013 07:09 PM

I was a June purchase..had to don't want those2014 tail lights

simple6speed 07-06-2013 07:57 PM

I also bought mine in June.. :D

yzrider58 07-06-2013 08:08 PM

I couldn't help but notice Ford made every V6 rental beater look like a GT500 so that might of helped them.

2cnd chance 07-06-2013 08:19 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by 87GNX (Post 6742440)
Wow mustang is doing well for a 10 year old platform.

Quote:

Originally Posted by PYROLYSIS (Post 6742781)

My guess is the aging Mustang is being heavily discounted. And yes the Camaro needs to start being discounted (and probably will be after these numbers).

2cnd chance 07-06-2013 08:30 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Bad@ssCamaro (Post 6756415)
If the Challenger continues at the rate that it's going, it will catch up to Camaro sales at some point early next year if you go by the Trending chart.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Beehave (Post 6757579)
+1 for Challenger

:happyanim: Have a Camaro 2010:nod:, got a 2013 Challenger end of March and really enjoy the car alot;) Dodge has a good thing going with the Challenger no matter what anyone says.

My guess is the increase in Challenger sales is due to its near demise.

CamaroKevin 07-06-2013 09:20 PM

2013 refresh on the Mustang was definitely beneficial to Ford. When you think about it, it comes standard with HID headlights and LED tail lights on every trim level, something Chevy makes you pay extra for in the RS package.

I the saw on another article that challenger was used in the new fast and furious movie? I didn't see the movie, but maybe that has something to do with the big jump in sales, as dumb as it sounds? :noidea:

Camaro sales make sense after mention of the '14 refresh

doc7000 07-06-2013 09:26 PM

I think it is funny that just a few years ago some were claiming this segment to be a dead segment. All we have seen is steady sales increase for this market segment and really no sign that it will stop in the near future. Chevy and Dodge getting back into this segment has really ignited the love for the pony cars (muscle car in the case of the Dodge).

Joebot8484 07-06-2013 10:08 PM

I've noticed a lot more Camaro commercials in the past month, lower sales is the reason for that.

FINALLYSATISFIED 07-06-2013 10:28 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by 87GNX (Post 6742999)
This is what the 14' Camaro refresh was for. Ford is coming out with a new stang in less than a year. The 2013 refresh on the mustang was a big gamble and it worked. Sales prove it. Let's see how it does.

GM hopes the refresh works. Even though I dislike the refresh and think they took a step backwards, I hope they are able to re-gain the lead.

doc7000 07-07-2013 12:37 AM

Something tells me that people are reading into this way more then there is to read....

cbass 07-07-2013 01:06 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by CamaroKevin (Post 6758279)
2013 refresh on the Mustang was definitely beneficial to Ford. When you think about it, it comes standard with HID headlights and LED tail lights on every trim level, something Chevy makes you pay extra for in the RS package.

I the saw on another article that challenger was used in the new fast and furious movie? I didn't see the movie, but maybe that has something to do with the big jump in sales, as dumb as it sounds? :noidea:

Camaro sales make sense after mention of the '14 refresh

The mustang also has track apps as does the Challenger. The camaro has no equivalent for that.

oldfriend 07-07-2013 01:41 AM

This thing about one brand gaining market share over another , is a great thing for everyone ( consumers ) , this will keep the 3 bros going at each other to do better than the other
And us , the consumer only gain with that , otherwise the number one would have to do nothing , and just push cars out of the plants

The more changes on the leading brand sales the better

Hannibal 07-07-2013 06:41 AM

Right now Dodge has several promotions going on the 2013 models. You can walk in and see up to 5k off the sticker with little effort. I'm betting that the price point is now competitive and their sales are now turning good numbers.

Challengers are also getting more retro options in 2014. If you like the old shaker hood, you'll be able to get that in 2014 along with some of the old school decal themes. The only shame is that with such a beautiful car, Dodge has yet to provide it with a drivetrain and suspension that competes with us and the blue oval boys. I actually saw a Challenger RT get smoked by a V6 Mustang. Ouch.

87GNX 07-07-2013 09:27 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by doc7000 (Post 6758751)
Something tells me that people are reading into this way more then there is to read....

The $$$$ are in the charts.

doc7000 07-07-2013 01:28 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by 87GNX (Post 6759212)
The $$$$ are in the charts.

Not saying that we may see the start of a new trend or anything, however if you look at the chart around this time of the year it is normal for the Mustang to out sell the Camaro.

Really the big change in trends has been with the Dodge moving further and further up market.

We still do not know how many Camaros were produced, and we never look at the incentives offered on any of the three cars.

doc7000 07-07-2013 01:38 PM

In my area I can get $3,000 off a Dodge Challenger, $1,500 off on a Mustang, and $1,500 off on the Camaro (based on their website and a zip code in the South Bay Southern California).

DemonZL1 07-07-2013 01:42 PM

with the 15 mustang getting closer, you'd think the mustang sales would be lackluster. such a huge change for next year (supposedly) across the board for the mustang and they are kicking the camaros ass. Camaro prices are higher but you get more for your money (i know this firsthand) maybe the camaro needs to be dumbed down further to grab the lower end ? maybe when the 15 mustang comes out their price will be in line with the camaro?

doc7000 07-07-2013 01:51 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by CoolStoryBro (Post 6759921)
with the 15 mustang getting closer, you'd think the mustang sales would be lackluster. such a huge change for next year (supposedly) across the board for the mustang and they are kicking the camaros ass. Camaro prices are higher but you get more for your money (i know this firsthand) maybe the camaro needs to be dumbed down further to grab the lower end ? maybe when the 15 mustang comes out their price will be in line with the camaro?

Like I have said before, this is WAY too early to make any of the judgements that you have made in this post. What is wrong with waiting for more information before we make a call on exactly what is going on....

cbass 07-07-2013 02:27 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by CoolStoryBro (Post 6759921)

How do you get more for your money? HID and LED taillights are standard on all mustangs. Not $1350 extra. The mustang also tends to price out cheaper, have bigger incentives, and a bigger margin between invoice and MSRP so you can always get it for less. The interior is also of higher quality although the interior layout on the camaro is much better. Both the mustang and Challenger have track apps of which the camaro has no equivalent.

The only thing that made me buy the camaro is I have always been a camaro fan and love the styling. The Tremec in the camaro is of much higher quality than the Chinese made MT82 in the stang and I wanted a manual. The camaro comes with brembos all around. Finally, I am a big fan of the LS3 engine.

However, the fact that the camaro was more expensive and how tightly integrated Onstar spyware is into the car I thought long and hard about getting a mustang instead.

Beehave 07-07-2013 06:22 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by doc7000 (Post 6758751)

:thumbsup:

doc7000 07-07-2013 06:25 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by cbass (Post 6760064)
How do you get more for your money? HID and LED taillights are standard on all mustangs. Not $1350 extra. The mustang also tends to price out cheaper, have bigger incentives, and a bigger margin between invoice and MSRP so you can always get it for less. The interior is also of higher quality although the interior layout on the camaro is much better. Both the mustang and Challenger have track apps of which the camaro has no equivalent.

The only thing that made me buy the camaro is I have always been a camaro fan and love the styling. The Tremec in the camaro is of much higher quality than the Chinese made MT82 in the stang and I wanted a manual. The camaro comes with brembos all around. Finally, I am a big fan of the LS3 engine.

However, the fact that the camaro was more expensive and how tightly integrated Onstar spyware is into the car I thought long and hard about getting a mustang instead.

When incentives are in play it is hard to make a fair value judgement for two cars. You can probably still get a Mustang with as much as $5,000 on the hood of the car at some dealers. Though the reality about incentive is this, you do not offer them unless you need them and the Mustang has needed them (as has the Challenger). The Camaro has sold with mostly no incentives and $1,000-$1,500 in incentives at the max.

Where this comes to hurt the buyer in the long run is with resale value, if someone happened to have purchased a Mustang at full MSRP they get hosed. Sure the Camaro may be a bit more expensive however it pays for itself when you go to sell the car over the Mustang. The 5th generation Camaro has maintained its resale really well, $19,000 is still about the cheapest I can get a used 5th generation Camaro in my area and that is a V-6 engine. $27,000 roughly gets me a used SS Camaro.... from 2010.. and this is a car entering in its 5th model year and yet has held its value really well.

The value proposition, I remember when the Camaro first came out in 2010 and you had a clear value proposition for the Camaro. Sure the base Mustang was about $1,000 cheaper (without incentives) however it lacked much of the features that the base Camaro had. Ford has increased standard features for the Mustang sense then while not increasing the price by that much.

Looking at some of the stats (not including incentives) there is a $1,250 price difference between the two cars and the Camaro does seem to offer a bit more for the money.

However if I were to be making the choice of which of the three cars is better taking incentives into account then clearly the Challenger is the better car. It is hard to argue against a R/T Challenger that is priced at $26,000.......

Beehave 07-07-2013 06:27 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by 2cnd chance (Post 6758136)
My guess is the increase in Challenger sales is due to its near demise.

Nice try...:bonk: sort of like the 300, they were going to drop that..in 2010... :laugh: how many times can you post that :dizzy:

doc7000 07-07-2013 07:16 PM

I haven't really followed the Challenger, so I do not know what changes they made to the car over the years. I know that the incentives have gone down a great deal to now just $3,000 which makes its sales performance that much more impressive. I guess they really got the packaging down right with the car as far as content and pricing goes for the most part. Above base trim it does look like a pretty cool car though....

Fenderaddict2 07-07-2013 08:17 PM

Love how anytime the Mustang outpaces a Camaro there's a bandwagon of posters with excuses. Why not be happy that this segment survives?

2xSSRS 07-07-2013 08:51 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Fenderaddict2 (Post 6761139)
Love how anytime the Mustang outpaces a Camaro there's a bandwagon of posters with excuses. Why not be happy that this segment survives?

:laugh: