Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com (https://www.camaro5.com/forums/index.php)
-   Forced Induction - V8 (https://www.camaro5.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=74)
-   -   TvS2300 Maggie jack shaft catch cans (https://www.camaro5.com/forums/showthread.php?t=542462)

lincoln361 11-17-2018 08:07 AM

TvS2300 Maggie jack shaft catch cans

What are type of catch cans are yall using. Running about 12lbs boost and probably would need the dual cable catch can, but I don't see that many instructions for an install with Maggie blowers so it's making it real hard to choose from. My top picks are

1. E2x dual catch Can
2. Tracy lewis catch
3. Mighty mouse catch

Any instructions on how yall got y'alls installed or have pics would be great. Thanks

Nighthawk89 11-24-2018 09:03 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by lincoln361 (Post 10362455)
What are type of catch cans are yall using. Running about 12lbs boost and probably would need the dual cable catch can, but I don't see that many instructions for an install with Maggie blowers so it's making it real hard to choose from. My top picks are

1. E2x dual catch Can
2. Tracy lewis catch
3. Mighty mouse catch

Any instructions on how yall got y'alls installed or have pics would be great. Thanks

Running the elite on my Heartbeat setup.. I’d recommend sticking with the single exit port.. All up to you though.

lincoln361 11-24-2018 09:35 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Nighthawk89 (Post 10367681)
Running the elite on my Heartbeat setup.. I’d recommend sticking with the single exit port.. All up to you though.

I was told to go dual for a force induction. Any reason why to go single? Thanks for replying. Just curious.

Nighthawk89 11-24-2018 05:59 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by lincoln361 (Post 10367701)
I was told to go dual for a force induction. Any reason why to go single? Thanks for replying. Just curious.

You don’t want to start messing with crankcase pressure and adding in-line valves ETC. Stick with how the engineers at GM designed the system to work however improve upon it with installing a single exit catch can to trap the oil from entering the combustion chamber. That’s what I was told when I considered switching to dual exit system by the engineer who developed for GM and the founder of the RXT cans..

Nighthawk89 11-24-2018 06:08 PM

“ We generally don't run the dual port catch-cans on Naturally Aspirated or PD supercharger applications; we run the single port without the check valve. The PD (Positive Displacement) superchargers create pressure behind the throttle body thus allowing the factory PCV system to function as it normally would stock. The catch-can is simply there to catch the crap that is produced during the combustion cycle from going into the supercharger or manifold in an NA application. “

The dual exit is better suited for turbo or centri applications. Good luck brotha!

lincoln361 11-24-2018 06:15 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Nighthawk89 (Post 10368068)
“ We generally don't run the dual port catch-cans on Naturally Aspirated or PD supercharger applications; we run the single port without the check valve. The PD (Positive Displacement) superchargers create pressure behind the throttle body thus allowing the factory PCV system to function as it normally would stock. The catch-can is simply there to catch the crap that is produced during the combustion cycle from going into the supercharger or manifold in an NA application. “

The dual exit is better suited for turbo or centri applications. Good luck brotha!

10-4. Thank you for your response. Nobody really explained it like that to me. Single is actually a lil cheaper as well. Time to go look for some deals

Blown1LE 12-24-2018 10:42 PM

I have a magnuson supercharger also and want to add a catch can. Does anyone have a part number please ?

Blown1LE 09-23-2019 08:21 AM

I have a magnuson supercharger also and want to add a catch can. Does anyone have a part number please ?