Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com (https://www.camaro5.com/forums/index.php)
-   5th Gen Camaro SS LS LT General Discussions (https://www.camaro5.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=2)
-   -   Revealed: 2014 Camaro 1LE and ZL1 Coupe and Convertible (First Looks) (https://www.camaro5.com/forums/showthread.php?t=292547)

Hitman84 04-30-2013 03:16 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by CoolStoryBro (Post 6488344)
This !

the fear is all over this forum.

I disagree. hell the refresh caused me to go out and order a 2013.

GearheadSS 04-30-2013 03:17 PM

I don't like that rear on the ZL1. Looks ok on the 1LE but it just does't look as good on the ZL1 for some reason.

PYROLYSIS 04-30-2013 03:18 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Camss57 (Post 6488347)
I have seen some pics from the side where it looks like the new fascia sticks out more on the bottom like the 2013 did with the splitter. Not sure how much futher they could have it sticking out to and be useable on the street and not get destroyed the first time you drove it. I know what you are saying though. It was a part of the 1LE extras and now it's not.

Yep, and it should be reflected in the price. The price of the 1LE package should go down a couple hundred or so without a splitter. I like the new spoiler but I do find it odd that the ZL1 and 1LE rear ends are exactly the same, unless I'm missing something. The rear diffusers look identical to me.

Nessal 04-30-2013 03:20 PM

That hood scoop looks wayyyyy too small. Looks like a huge afterthought....something ricers get at Autozone and glue it to the hood.

Major epic fail.

2cnd chance 04-30-2013 03:21 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by motorhead (Post 6488104)
They nailed the front end design with the Z/28. It's a shame that you have to pay a premium to get the good looking car. That's where the current GM failed where the late 60's GM didn't.

The front of the Z/28 is the same as the SS except the splitter.

2cnd chance 04-30-2013 03:25 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by GearheadSS (Post 6488398)
I don't like that rear on the ZL1. Looks ok on the 1LE but it just does't look as good on the ZL1 for some reason.

They wanted to reduce the visual look of the rear (saying too many said it had a big rear???). The problem is the ZL1's front is off the old design which is bulkier than than the more aerodynamic 2014 front end, causing the new rear to look smaller and weaker, out of balance .

toehead93 04-30-2013 03:25 PM

Exactly the same as far as I can tell. This SS is an RS with chrome lip and LED tail lights, I prefer the non RS. I plan to get a non RS 1LE in white with recaros.

MotionIII 04-30-2013 03:27 PM

I'm still not liking it. At least I know I can swap out front on the 14 model with a 10-13 style and add the heritage grill. The rear is still questionable, but I'm thinking rear bumper possibly exhaust and trunk lid for sure can be replaced to make it look right.

99articfrc 04-30-2013 03:29 PM

Just throwing this out there but did anyone think that gm just doesn't want the zl-1 bumper being shown in public yet? I can't see them totally refreshing every model and then using a 2 year old front on one model

lexlueger 04-30-2013 03:33 PM

My beloved camaro has been ruined. :pout:

motorhead 04-30-2013 03:34 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by 2cnd chance (Post 6488411)
The front of the Z/28 is the same as the SS except the splitter.

You better look again. It isn't even close to the same

No ugly chrome strip, head lights assembly's are not the same and the grills are different. Those three things take it from a fail to a win.

GearheadSS 04-30-2013 03:37 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by PYROLYSIS (Post 6488404)
Yep, and it should be reflected in the price. The price of the 1LE package should go down a couple hundred or so without a splitter. I like the new spoiler but I do find it odd that the ZL1 and 1LE rear ends are exactly the same, unless I'm missing something. The rear diffusers look identical to me.

Don't count on it. With an exclusive spoiler and the fact that now, the hood wrap has to be worked around the hood extractor, the price likely won't change on the package.

Look closer at the rear bumpers. The lower rear fascias are very different on those cars. The area between the exhaust outlets is different and the ZL1 flares out behind the rear splash guards.

Bad@ssCamaro 04-30-2013 03:42 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by GearheadSS (Post 6488468)
Don't count on it. With an exclusive spoiler and the fact that now, the hood wrap has to be worked around the hood extractor, the price likely won't change on the package.

Look closer at the rear bumpers. The lower rear fascias are very different on those cars. The area between the exhaust outlets is different and the ZL1 flares out behind the rear splash guards.

:thumbsup:

PYROLYSIS 04-30-2013 03:44 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by GearheadSS (Post 6488468)

Yeah, they probably have their excuses lined up. It's not really exclusive if the ZL1 and 1LE rear spoiler are the same. The cost of the refresh will make the price of a 2014 go up on it's own and that's where the cost of the new spoiler and hood wrap should be absorbed. I know it's wishful thinking but if they're going to nickel and dime us for every change that is made, they should pass down the savings to the customer when parts are removed. Pricing hasn't been announced yet so we shall see.