Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com (https://www.camaro5.com/forums/index.php)
-   Camaro 1LE Forum (https://www.camaro5.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=149)
-   -   What is a 1LE?! (https://www.camaro5.com/forums/showthread.php?t=316669)

tizzle_ss 09-04-2013 04:01 PM

What is a 1LE?!

I tell my connect at the dealership that i'm interested in a 2014 1LE... he goes, oh, you mean a ZL1.. we don't sell those, the highest we go is a 2SS... I say, no, i'm talking about a 1LE... he says, me and my manager just searched all over for a reference of a 1LE and can't find anything...

I see references all over google, but no formal explanation of what differentiates it from the 2SS...

So what is it??

Is it a ZL1?

Is it just the term to reference a manual 2SS w/ recaro seats and the npp exhaust?

Where is there a formal list of the diff 2014 V8 models? I keep seeing 1LE referenced, with pics of a vehicle with SS on the grille, but WTF IS IT exactly? Is it just anything that ISN'T the auto SS?

Is it a manual 2SS with upgraded suspension?

Any clarification would be greatly appreciated.

Supreme Leader 09-04-2013 04:05 PM

So you asked you dealer for a 1LE without knowing what it is?

tizzle_ss 09-04-2013 04:06 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Supreme Leader (Post 6978610)

I asked him for info so that I could read up on the exact specs. I had in my head what I pretty much understood to be a 1LE.. which is a manual SS with npp exhaust and ground effects. That was the info I gathered from seeing other peoples posts and pictures. I still have yet to see a formal listing of what exactly makes a 2014 Camaro a 1LE.

GretchenGotGrowl 09-04-2013 04:06 PM

1LE is a performance package you add to a SS.

walky35 09-04-2013 04:07 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Supreme Leader (Post 6978610)

:clap2::clap2:

SinisterEcho 09-04-2013 04:07 PM

Quote:

The 2013 Camaro Coupe SS 1LE Performance Package
For more than two decades, owners and enthusiasts have coveted the competition-ready third- and fourth-generation Camaro Coupe 1LE Package. Now the 1LE is back —combining white-knuckle performance elements of the ZL1 and SS with a decidedly aggressive attitude of its own.
Here are the cold, hard facts on the all-new road-racing Camaro that’s going to carve up the track and live up to its legendary name.
Performance
FE6 Performance Ride and Handling Suspension
1LE-specific front and rear stabilizer bars
Four-piston Brembo® disc brakes with red calipers
Goodyear® Eagle® F1 Supercar® Gen 2 tires (P285/35ZR20)
Upgraded halfshafts designed to handle the higher grip and handling of the rear tires
Tower-to-tower brace to enhance structural feel
Tremec® 6-speed manual transmission with specific gearing
Electric Power Steering
Available dual-mode exhaust with quad outlets
3.91:1 axle ratio

Exterior
Low-gloss Black hood wrap
20-inch 10-spoke black wheels with low-gloss clearcoat
Available RS Appearance Package
Available sunroof

Interior
Sueded microfiber-wrapped flat-bottom steering wheel, shift knob and boot
Available Boston Acoustics® premium 9-speaker sound system
Available rear vision package
http://www.chevrolet.com/culture/art...ro-family.html

Here you go :thumbsup:

90503 09-04-2013 04:07 PM

Take a look at the Camaro 1LE Forum....They might know....

tbass 09-04-2013 04:08 PM

1LE is an optional package; not a trim level. Similar to RS.

SS 1LE Performance Package
This SS 1LE Performance Package bears the iconic 1LE option code that is a Camaro® legend. This competition-ready package has been coveted by both Camaro owners and track enthusiasts. This SS 1LE Performance Package includes:
20" x 10" front and 20" x 11" rear aluminum wheels with a 10-spoke design from the ZL1™ and a low-gloss Black finish
285/35ZR20 Goodyear® Eagle® Supercar® Generation 2 performance summer tires1, front and rear
Performance Ride and Handling suspension with front and rear stabilizer bars for excellent body control and vehicle responsiveness
TREMEC® 6-speed manual transmission with a 3.91 final-drive axle ratio
On 1SS models, this package requires Black Sport Cloth interior. On 2SS models, this package requires Black front leather seating surfaces interior. This package is not available with 6-speed automatic transmission, any stripe package or any dealer-installed wheels.

1 Summer-only tires tend to wear faster and are more susceptible to damage from road hazards or curb impact than standard profile tires. This type of damage is not covered by the GM New Vehicle Limited Warranty. You may want to get different tires if you expect to drive in winter conditions. See your dealer for proper tire selection.

Lord Ryan 09-04-2013 04:10 PM

I don't know either, but they are sexy as hell!

hunter1660 09-04-2013 04:11 PM

I think rocket ship tips is an option too

Fear1LESS 09-04-2013 04:12 PM

A 1LE in simple terms as stated above is a performance package you add to any 6 speed SS. It takes a regular SS and adds a bunch of ZL1 parts and it equals ALMOST a ZL1 without a supercharger. It has a 3.91 rear end short shifter ZL1 fuel pump ZL1 wheels and front tires ZL1 steering wheel and shift knob and as far as I know a suspension unique to a 1LE among other things.

Gunslinger09 09-04-2013 04:14 PM

Sounds to me like the dealer is trying to sell something he has in stock rather than find you a 1LE car.

tizzle_ss 09-04-2013 04:18 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Gunslinger09 (Post 6978651)
Sounds to me like the dealer is trying to sell something he has in stock rather than find you a 1LE car.

Agreed and I refuse to settle. Thanks for all of the clarifications and info guys... he can either get his hands on one or i'll look elsewhere..

Thanks

SSGUNNER 09-04-2013 04:23 PM

:idiot: