Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com (https://www.camaro5.com/forums/index.php)
-   Cosmetic Maintenance: Washing, Waxing, Detailing, Bodywork, Protection (https://www.camaro5.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=45)
-   -   Should I buy a car cover? (https://www.camaro5.com/forums/showthread.php?t=74777)

new_camaro 04-01-2010 11:03 PM

Should I buy a car cover?

I recently purchased a 2010 Camaro 1LT manual Red Jewel Tintcoat.

I have a few cats who love to jump up on my car it seems. I always have cat prints on the car. I can never catch em in the act, and even if I could, they aren't like dogs and can't really be trained. It's driving me crazy. Should I invest in a car cover? The full expensive one from GM that ranges between 200-300 or just a cheaper one from an auto parts retailer? Anyone have suggestions? Thanks in advance.

cplhester 04-01-2010 11:13 PM

Get a dog that likes cat for dinner

Fogey 04-01-2010 11:22 PM

If I had to leave my car outside I would be inclined to buy a cover.

Go online and do a little research. You may not save money but there is no guarentee GM's is the best. Check Griots Garage, (www.griotsgarage.com). They sell nothing but the best. I bought a NOAH cover from them and it is excellant.

Brownhornitt 04-01-2010 11:23 PM

Don't do the GM cover. There are better out there.

Plus I don't like advertising that I'm covering a cool car. If it's covered, I want it to be that... covered.

ron10 04-01-2010 11:25 PM

if i had that problem,it would be solved real quick.GET RID OF THE CATS.
you can get a car cover,but if you plan on putting it on and taking it off regularly it is going to scratch your car.i am serious,i would give the cats away,or whatever.

Fogey 04-01-2010 11:32 PM

Checked Griots $$235 for NOAH

Have used one for years on a 69 ALFA GTV with custom paint and no on and off scratches. But whaever-It's your call. Cat scratches or possible cover scratches

v6sonoma 04-01-2010 11:33 PM

A dish of antifreeze should take care of the problem. lol

christianmotox 04-01-2010 11:34 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by cplhester (Post 1667327)

X2 :D

ninety6 04-02-2010 07:10 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by new_camaro (Post 1667309)
I recently purchased a 2010 Camaro 1LT manual Red Jewel Tintcoat.

I have a few cats who love to jump up on my car it seems. I always have cat prints on the car. I can never catch em in the act, and even if I could, they aren't like dogs and can't really be trained. It's driving me crazy. Should I invest in a car cover? The full expensive one from GM that ranges between 200-300 or just a cheaper one from an auto parts retailer? Anyone have suggestions? Thanks in advance.

they can be trained. you can buy this electro-static shock film. put it on your camaro and plug it in. they will only jump on it one more time :)

in it reality -- you can just put it on the ground AROUND your camaro... Cesar used it on the dog whisper show to keep this dog off this little table thing. It is a legit tool. won't hurt the cats, just scare them away. when they step on it they'd get a little sumpin' sumpin'.

but seriously, if that were a problem, i'd get a car cover. I kept a car cover on my 96 when i had to park it under trees for the first 4 years i had it. it was a pain, especially in the rain, but it save the paint! the 2010 has no protruding antenna, so it'd be way less of a pain!

strobi 04-02-2010 11:19 AM

buy a live trap, catch the cats, then you and your buddies throw the trap (with cat) in the Pee Cup and head out to your favorite plinking area. be nice though and give the cat at least a 10yd head start.

new_camaro 04-02-2010 11:31 AM

I should have included "Without killing the cats".

LoL, I live with family and so I just can't just kill my family's cats, ya know?

I like the idea of the shock thing. I'll have to look into where I can purchase it.

I was thinking, if I get a cover, I'll cover and uncover, and just put the cover itself in a little plastic container or in our shed. I'd also love to keep the car out of the rain and the sun at all times. I live in Tennessee and the pollen is ridiculous here also. Thanks for the contributions. Keep em coming. :)

new_camaro 04-02-2010 11:35 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Fogey (Post 1667352)
Go online and do a little research. You may not save money but there is no guarentee GM's is the best. Check Griots Garage, (www.griotsgarage.com). They sell nothing but the best. I bought a NOAH cover from them and it is excellant.

That website is nice and they have a lot of good covers. I just don't know what brands are known for quality?

2010 SSRS 04-02-2010 11:37 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by cplhester (Post 1667327)

:headbang:

Fogey 04-02-2010 05:46 PM

NOAH

Waled across the street and ask my neighbor who owns the country's premier aftermarket auto top and interior company. He said that for outdoor use, NOAH is the way to go. Also, check www.autoanything.com as their prices may be a little lower than Griots.
Good luck