Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com (https://www.camaro5.com/forums/index.php)
-   V8 and V6 Transmissions / Driveline (6L80 / 6L50 / TR6060 / AY6) (https://www.camaro5.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=76)
-   -   Monster LT1-SC Twin Disc Clutch (https://www.camaro5.com/forums/showthread.php?t=341857)

SNSSTR 02-11-2014 04:08 PM

Monster LT1-SC Twin Disc Clutch

Wanted to shoot over a quick thanks to Steve and Jacob from Monster Clutches for getting me going on an order for a LT1-SC clutch. I'm not positive, but I'm fairly certain I'll be one of the first on the forum with the LT1-SC in a 5th gen, so I'll be updating this post once I install the clutch and drive with it to let you all know how it goes. I'm looking forward to it! :thumbup:

fldrummer 02-11-2014 10:27 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Rohdeo16 (Post 7413417)
Wanted to shoot over a quick thanks to Steve and Jacob from Monster Clutches for getting me going on an order for a LT1-SC clutch. I'm not positive, but I'm fairly certain I'll be one of the first on the forum with the LT1-SC in a 5th gen, so I'll be updating this post once I install the clutch and drive with it to let you all know how it goes. I'm looking forward to it! :thumbup:

Cool. I might be getting one too. Keep us posted.

Steve@SNL/Monster Clutch 02-12-2014 10:18 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Rohdeo16 (Post 7413417)

I appreciate the kind words and the support!

You're one of a few guys who's got these in their 5th Gen, keep us posted on how you like it!

Quote:

Originally Posted by fldrummer (Post 7414512)
Cool. I might be getting one too. Keep us posted.

I'm talking to the guys at Lashway via email right now. :thumb:

Beescuz 02-12-2014 09:43 PM

Mine showed up today. Can't wait to get it installed.

Steve@SNL/Monster Clutch 02-13-2014 09:58 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Beescuz (Post 7417519)
Mine showed up today. Can't wait to get it installed.

Woot!

SNSSTR 02-14-2014 12:49 PM

Mine just showed up today as well. Should be going in tomorrow!

Pic:

http://i.imgur.com/T3vD8Ap.jpg

Steve@SNL/Monster Clutch 02-14-2014 04:34 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Rohdeo16 (Post 7421616)
Mine just showed up today as well. Should be going in tomorrow!

Pic:

http://i.imgur.com/T3vD8Ap.jpg

Woot!!!!!

JD_Alaska 02-17-2014 09:30 PM

Looks like a nice set up, what's the warranty an how long is it ?

SNSSTR 02-18-2014 08:07 AM

I think it's got a 2 year warranty on it...Not positive of what that covers, but it has one.

I'm sure Steve will chime in on it soon.

JD_Alaska 02-18-2014 10:19 AM

Sweet , thanks looking to help out a buddy on his 2010 m6

Steve@SNL/Monster Clutch 02-21-2014 10:28 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by JD_Alaska (Post 7429676)
Looks like a nice set up, what's the warranty an how long is it ?

Quote:

Originally Posted by Rohdeo16 (Post 7430217)
I think it's got a 2 year warranty on it...Not positive of what that covers, but it has one.

I'm sure Steve will chime in on it soon.

Quote:

Originally Posted by JD_Alaska (Post 7430530)
Sweet , thanks looking to help out a buddy on his 2010 m6

1 year warranty regardless of how you drive it on our new street twins. :)

Give me a shout with anymore questions.

SNSSTR 02-24-2014 09:45 AM

Well all my other stuff is back in and put together (ported heads, cam, fast 102 ,etc...) having some issues with clutch disengagement right now. Not sure if its a bleeding issue or what, just can't get it to disengage. Sucks when everything is ready to go but one thing holds you up and it just happens to be on a Sunday when everyone is closed.

I emailed Steve yesterday and he said to call today, so I'm having the installer call him today to discuss what the possible issues could be. Hopefully they can get everything worked out and my car is back up completely today...been too long without it...since January 6th. I'm getting anxious.

Steve@SNL/Monster Clutch 02-24-2014 10:16 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Rohdeo16 (Post 7446389)
Well all my other stuff is back in and put together (ported heads, cam, fast 102 ,etc...) having some issues with clutch disengagement right now. Not sure if its a bleeding issue or what, just can't get it to disengage. Sucks when everything is ready to go but one thing holds you up and it just happens to be on a Sunday when everyone is closed.

I emailed Steve yesterday and he said to call today, so I'm having the installer call him today to discuss what the possible issues could be. Hopefully they can get everything worked out and my car is back up completely today...been too long without it...since January 6th. I'm getting anxious.

Thanks for the emails, like I said I'm sure the lower disc is flipped causing this. Easy fix!

I'm waiting on your tech to call me still, I'll let you know when we speak.

Steve@SNL/Monster Clutch 02-24-2014 11:13 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Rohdeo16 (Post 7446389)

Just got off the phone with the tech, he's going to pull it down tomorrow but we're thinking the lower disc is the culprit.