Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com (https://www.camaro5.com/forums/index.php)
-   5th Gen Camaro SS LS LT General Discussions (https://www.camaro5.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=2)
-   -   Buyers Remorse?? (https://www.camaro5.com/forums/showthread.php?t=227310)

Fjb91 05-30-2012 01:59 AM

Buyers Remorse??

So just recently bought my 2012 Camaro, and Don't get me wrong i LOVE!!! my new Camaro but there is still that side of me that wishes maybe i should have given the Dodge Challenger a test drive.... (SEEINGS AS THEY ARE WAY ROOMIER AND OVERALL SEXY CARS)

camarozzzz 05-30-2012 02:03 AM

trust me i felt this way too - but only after i was driving around town and one of the cooling fans burned out and the car overheated...it made me pretty upset that a basically brand new car would do this.

But currently I have absolutely zero buyers remorse, I have never ever received so much compliments on a car in my life. I had a homeless man walk up to me shake my hand and tell him I made his day better because of how wicked this car looked and that it put a smile on his face.

Exigent 05-30-2012 06:16 AM

You should go test drive a Challenger, then you will know you made the right choice.

meissen 05-30-2012 06:28 AM

If you think the Challenger is any where near comparable, you're nuts. :sm0:

1954 Belair-man 05-30-2012 06:32 AM

OP see ya! Go buy it then. What are you expecting us here on a Camaro forum to say?

jrisebo 05-30-2012 07:04 AM

The Challenger is a tank compared to the Camaro. Two totally different cars.

Swacer 05-30-2012 07:12 AM

You can go and drive one, and you will see you made the right decision.

I sat in one at the Pittsburgh Auto Show...sat in there for about 20 seconds...before evaluating the following....

1. Its a dodge....belch
2. I am sitting in a boat...
3. Jeez...how much longer does this car need to be?
4. Heaviest and most expensive while being slowest of the 3...
5. Ok....where is the door handle to get out of here.

joey0480 05-30-2012 07:14 AM

The challenger is a nice car overall with a backseat that can be used by adults. I honestly think that the backseats and the interior are the only ups on the camaro.

It is slower and bigger than the camaro though and for me, that was a turn off.

RobbJr85 05-30-2012 07:21 AM

I think the Challenger is too Cartoonish or Tonka like, my buddy has one, his dad had one back in the day..pretty much the only reason he bought one...History.

We talk and compare all the time, before each of us bought them, within the past month, we compared and tried to listen to eachother perspective, I think the Challenger has some pretty cool feature but nothing that I would trade the Camaro in for, He has pretty much conceeded to the fact that the challenger is inferior to the Camaro, but says its not about performance its about the history, and I respect that, after all my family has always had Camaros....What I've learned about these cars is you have to want the one you buy.

Camper 05-30-2012 07:24 AM

they are both nice cars, but much different.

Birm 05-30-2012 07:25 AM

I like the challenger, if you have doubts go drive it. If you like it better trade in your camaro. I drove both and liked the camaro better albeit there is no room for passengers, but outsideof my daughter and my girl no one else really gets in my car...

So go drive it and make your own decision.

WheelmanSS 05-30-2012 08:12 AM

My only remorse is not waiting for the ZL1.

Oh well, I'm comfortable with my car and won't ever get rid of it. Plus, now I can focus on my C6 Z06 once my SS is paid off.

Fiftydriver 05-30-2012 08:55 AM

Dive your camaro for a while and then go take a test drive in the Challanger. Any Dogde dealer will fall all over themselves if you pull up in a camaro and ask for a test drive in a challanger!!!

When you drive one, you will know you make the right decision. I personally like the looks of the challanger but it does not compare to the camaro in any way really.

The compact tight feel of the interior is something that I feel is a benefit to the camaro, its like wearing a well fitted piece of clothing, or sitting in the ****pit of a fighter jet. That is a plus to me not a disadvantage.

SSSugar 05-30-2012 09:01 AM

Pull up next to a Challenger at a red light and just look how much taller it is than the Camaros........and its top heavy when you drive it. they do look great, but much happier with the SS, we test drove both.