Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com (https://www.camaro5.com/forums/index.php)
-   Member Car Journals (https://www.camaro5.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=50)
-   -   Pumpkin [COTW 12/5/11] (https://www.camaro5.com/forums/showthread.php?t=113517)

PQ 12-17-2010 08:54 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by speedster (Post 2625541)
PQ is not allowed to drink ONE night at the Fest. He needs the extra $150.00 to buy a 3.6" supercharger pulley...:laugh:

That's OK. We could use a little "real" Canadian beer... :D

Quote:

Originally Posted by mercuryman96 (Post 2625900)
Should I haul some CDN beer with me?:happy0180:

:thumbsup:

BTW way if PQ shook out enough coins from his piggy bank for blower. A pully should be no big deal.:iono:

Just saying:thumbsup:

Maybe we can take a collection for the pully.:sm0:

lmao. So I go back to catch up on Pumpkin and see this......... lmao :laugh: :laugh: :laugh:

I'll have my 3.6 pulley AND beer.

I may even let GTAHVIT off the hook from our bet.

BUUUUUUT, about those DRs ................ :D

I'll buy YOUR beer sir if you can make that happen. lol

TAG UR IT 12-18-2010 12:15 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by mercuryman96 (Post 2646791)
I have never really looked at it that close. My understanding was the moldings were not up to par. But I will take a close look.

What stuff are you getting for your baby?:iono:

Springs, sways, end links, control arms....you know, the good stuff....:D

At least, this is where I'm going to start. We'll see what's next down the line. Not sure...but....

Merc 12-18-2010 04:33 PM

I'm back. Last nite was the RivercraftCraft Xmas party. (www.rivercraftanchors.com):drinking::facepalm: Making Martini's 14 at a time. The math gets more difficult as the night goes on.:yikes: Fun was had by all.:happyanim: Pic or two follow.:facepalm:

Merc 12-18-2010 04:35 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by TAG UR IT (Post 2648576)
Springs, sways, end links, control arms....you know, the good stuff....:D

At least, this is where I'm going to start. We'll see what's next down the line. Not sure...but....

COOOOOOOOOOOOOOL. BMR stuff.:iono:

Merc 12-18-2010 04:44 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by PQ (Post 2648053)
lmao. So I go back to catch up on Pumpkin and see this......... lmao :laugh: :laugh: :laugh:

I'll have my 3.6 pulley AND beer.

I may even let GTAHVIT off the hook from our bet.

BUUUUUUT, about those DRs ................ :D

I'll buy YOUR beer sir if you can make that happen. lol

What I was thinking, was I will throw them in the race car hauler when we go to Veags next year at the start of the season. Then I can get one of my Bud's to ship them to Firebird and back to his place after. Then they can come back home in the hauler on one of the trips back to the Great White North. It might work. Got to look at next years scheldue.

Need some help from GTAHVIT as where I can ship them too and who can recieve at Firebird.

PQ 12-18-2010 05:38 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by mercuryman96 (Post 2649843)
What I was thinking, was I will throw them in the race car hauler when we go to Veags next year at the start of the season. Then I can get one of my Bud's to ship them to Firebird and back to his place after. Then they can come back home in the hauler on one of the trips back to the Great White North. It might work. Got to look at next years scheldue.

Need some help from GTAHVIT as where I can ship them too and who can recieve at Firebird.

Uh............... hehe............. uh...................

Anyone else you can think to help??? :laugh:

He's my target............ :D

Merc 12-21-2010 11:10 AM

17 Attachment(s)
Here we go front suspension Day #1. Goal was to remove front suspension parts to facilitate bushing removale and repalcement. Sorry Guy's no pic's of bushing installation, but it was very easy could done with a vice. Thanks to Bill and Derrek for there help.:bow: Went quite well no big issues.:thumbsup:

TAG UR IT 12-22-2010 02:21 AM

Dang. I'd LOVE to replace all my bushings...see how it handles!

Merc 12-22-2010 02:51 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by TAG UR IT (Post 2658976)
Dang. I'd LOVE to replace all my bushings...see how it handles!

Probably handle like a mother ///////. Just hope it's not too noisy and rough.:facepalm:

Orange Krate 12-22-2010 06:31 AM

Keep us posted on handling and noise. Looks very worthy! Great job documenting! Thanks for helping all of us.

Merc 12-22-2010 07:36 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Orange Krate (Post 2659143)
Keep us posted on handling and noise. Looks very worthy! Great job documenting! Thanks for helping all of us.

Pumpkin is off the road for the winter. 2011 Debut will be the road trip to C5F II. See you there if you attend.

Merc 12-22-2010 10:40 PM

Just closing the deal with the Driveshaft Shop for one of there 3.5" one piece aluminum driftshafts for Pumpkin. :thumbup: Stock driveshaft is definately a weak point in my opinion. I have bent more then a few sets of bolts so far.:mad0260:

the rich dude 12-23-2010 12:50 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by mercuryman96 (Post 2661934)
Just closing the deal with the Driveshaft Shop for one of there 3.5" one piece aluminum driftshafts for Pumpkin. :thumbup: Stock driveshaft is definately a weak point in my opinion. I have bent more then a few sets of bolts so far.:mad0260:

If you don't mind, could you PM what you paid?

Definitely interested to see what you think of a one piece driveshaft. I was looking at there carbon fibre shaft but here there is exaust clearance issues with the aluminum one so the carbon one would be even worse.....

Merc 12-23-2010 01:56 AM

The driveshaft is worth $899.