Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com (https://www.camaro5.com/forums/index.php)
-   5th Gen Camaro SS LS LT General Discussions (https://www.camaro5.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=2)
-   -   Chevy Nation Camaro Announcement TOMORROW!...or next Thurs..maybe the next??? (https://www.camaro5.com/forums/showthread.php?t=2048)

Pencil.Fight 10-31-2007 05:32 PM

Chevy Nation Camaro Announcement TOMORROW!...or next Thurs..maybe the next???

I know there has been talk about whether the announcement will be on the first of the month or as far as the 31st. Scott did just say "November". However, if you look on the Camaro Word section of the Chevy Nation site, it does say that updates will be on the first Thursday of every month, which happens to be the first of November (not necessarily the 1st of the months following, however).

That being said, Chevy Nation's high bandwidth site is already slow enough to load as it is, and you can be sure thousands (if not millions) of people will be attempting to access the site tomorrow. I suggest that we elect one person from our forum to retrieve the information and relay it here on our threads where we can all access it much more easily.

Now, THAT being said, I will be sitting at my computer at 9:00 (12:00 ET), hitting that refresh button until I see something new, as I'm sure the rest of you will be as well.

EDIT: We have since been told that the update will be the second Thursday for November, and I believe the second Thursday of each following month as well.

Dunk31 10-31-2007 05:42 PM

GOOD CALL!!! My network is slow enough over here as it is... I don't think I could handle not gettin the info as soon as it is published. I get time out errors all the time when sites are busy. Somebody please post ASAP! :help:

TAG UR IT 10-31-2007 06:57 PM

Even if someone is elected, I'm sure as many of us as possible will be on that site wanting to get that info first.

So, to whoever gets it, GET IT AND POST IT UP ASAP!!! Try to get it in the proper thread, etc. If not sure, just start a new thread and we'll get it fixed.

Dunk31 10-31-2007 07:04 PM

:bow: I say it deserves it's own thread!!! Just so I don't have to search for it when I get here tomorrow night...:D I hope I'm not hypin myself for a huge let down. It better be some good news. Not some junk we already know...:iono:

Mindz 10-31-2007 07:17 PM

Well if it's midnight Eastern, that's in under 4 hours. I'm working uintil 2 am PST so I'm sure I'll be up when it's announced.

Dunk31 10-31-2007 07:30 PM

How sweet would that be! I'm 7 hrs ahead of eastern time and I work nights so that'll be 7 in the mornin here and I'll just be gettin off work. So maybe I'll know before I have to go to bed. One can only hope...

NVMY68SS 10-31-2007 08:22 PM

We need a sticky on this so we can keep a running list of the announcements.

Dunk31 10-31-2007 08:25 PM

There is a sticky. It's "2010 Camaro Facts". I'm sure what ever is announced will make it to that thread.

Mr. Wyndham 10-31-2007 10:08 PM

Can I create a thread to sit back and allow aggravated, and miserable comments roll in....:iono: :laugh: just kidding. Really!

I'm of the philosophy: "don't expect nothin', and you can't be disappointed." With the twist, that I still do expect stuff;), I'm just more than prepared to be disappointed than the avg joe.

My useless advise: Don't get your panties in a bunch, they prolly won't release any ground breaking news...just some more very satisfying news:wub:. Akin to the prototype photo, but bigger in magnitude...

having said that, and drowing everyone's hopes...sorry:laugh:j/k...I'm gonna borrow one of my favorite sigs from this site;)

Quote:

Originally Posted by DGthe3
Note, if I got any facts wrong in the above, just ignore any points I made with them

and follow that up with...I'm tired, and might delete this post later anyways, when I wake up and realize how supid it sounds...so treat it as such.:iono: :D

Mindz 10-31-2007 10:13 PM

You're tired at 11:10pm on Halloween? I have to work for the next 6 hours and by the time I leave work all the parties will be winding down. =/

Moose 10-31-2007 10:32 PM

Just finished watching 'Transformers' again...:D Now, I'm "wired"! :eyebulge:

I was going to hop in the SS for a late night spin, but now you all reminded me about the announcement, so I'm sitting here instead! :eyebulge: :eyebulge:

Mr. Wyndham 10-31-2007 10:34 PM

It's been crazy ALL day...school, work, then school again, then some more work...then I go home, get aggravated, sit down...log on...do homework, get bored.

Pause, and repeat.

Just a bad day...:iono: ;) Tomorrow should bring great pleasure though! Do you all remember there's supposed to be some BIG announcment from Chevy on the 1st? :thumbsup:

:sm0:

DGthe3 10-31-2007 11:32 PM

no news yet . . .

Mindz 10-31-2007 11:36 PM

I'm gonna check at midnight Detroit time and then Midnight my time, finally 2am when I leave. If nothing yet, I'll just sleep. Takes 30 seconds to check anyways. =P