Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com (https://www.camaro5.com/forums/index.php)
-   Camaro ZL1 Forum - ZL1 Specific Topics (https://www.camaro5.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=85)
-   -   ZL1 QC Hold Extension "mega"-Thread (https://www.camaro5.com/forums/showthread.php?t=207226)

BigMikeZL1 02-28-2012 11:33 AM

ZL1 QC Hold Extension "mega"-Thread

Does someone have a timeline of when they think we will be seeing the ZL1 out of QC and on a train to TX!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!:paddle:

Moderator's EDIT (3/4 @ 9p):

A note from John Fitzpatrick, Camaro Marketing Manager, via Fbodfather:

Quote:

Camaro Nation:

This morning a note was sent to all Chevrolet dealers to advise General Motors continues to hold the shipments of the new 2012 Camaro ZL1. We are holding shipments as part of out quality assessment process. This is done to ensure we deliver the highest quality product to our customers.

Because of limited production of the 2012 ZL1, this action required us to also postpone this week's order submission cycle for dealers to avoid having a back log of orders in system.

We understand there is great desire for ZL1 deliveries to begin and we can't wait to get customers behind the wheel. We appreciate your patience and will continue to keep you posted on any developments regarding production and vehicle shipments.

Camaro Marketing Team

Note to Dealers:
Quote:

All Camaro ZL1 models produced to date are currently being held by General Motors for a quality assessment. At this moment, the duration of the hold is undetermined, and may last a few more weeks. As soon as the hold is cleared, a note will be sent to all dealers to advise that 2012 Camaro ZL1 shipments are underway.

Because of the hold, the upcoming Dealer Order Submission Process (DOSP) cycle that was to be dedicated to ZL1 is being postponed. This DOSP cycle was scheduled to start this Thursday, March 1, 2012, and continues through Tuesday, March 6, 2012. A new date for this DOSP cycle will be provided in the near future.

We regret to have to undertake these actions, especially given the high anticipation for the new Camaro ZL1. We ask for your patience and will continue to keep you posted on any developments regarding production and vehicle shipments from Oshawa .

thespymaster 02-28-2012 11:46 AM

I'm with you on this one.............. Hoping to have in time for the NMCA 5TH GEN SHOOTOUT in two weeks!

stymie 02-28-2012 11:46 AM

What I'd like to know is... during the CTF QC runs, did ANY issues crop up that would delay the delivery of already completed units? How close is the team to getting the required number of collective miles racked up?

I don't relish the thought of my ZL1 being parked under the stars on frozen tundra awaiting the go-ahead signal that seems to be taking forever. What does a guy have to do to get his BEAST? Have SEAL TEAM 6 HALO drop into the Oshawa plant & liberate my Camaro that's being held hostage? It's like the guys who built these monsters bonded with them & don't want to let them go to their rightful owners. :paddle:

Scott@Bjorn3D 02-28-2012 11:58 AM

Mid March.

collins motorsport 02-28-2012 12:09 PM

Surely it can't be much longer if we're supposed to receive them by mid march.

Drake Heminger 02-28-2012 12:11 PM

Mid-March is what my dealer said accoriding to his letter he got... unless something came up which is what its looking like right now... :/

Drake Heminger 02-28-2012 12:12 PM

How long does it take from 4200 to 5000?

DangerZL1 02-28-2012 12:24 PM

I'm hoping FBodfather will notify us of their release soon.

OldTimer 02-28-2012 07:57 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Drake Heminger (Post 4557396)
Mid-March is what my dealer said accoriding to his letter he got... unless something came up which is what its looking like right now... :/

Mid March is the 15th. That is 16 days from tomorrow. I guess they could deliver by then if they delivered to the first dealership across the border. Otherwise, I can't see that happening.

This is the penalty for being lucky enough to get one of the first ones produced. The pain and agony of waiting, and waiting, and waiting, and...........

Drake Heminger 02-28-2012 08:00 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by OldTimer (Post 4559929)
Mid March is the 15th. That is 16 days from tomorrow. I guess they could deliver by then if they delivered to the first dealership across the border. Otherwise, I can't see that happening.

This is the penalty for being lucky enough to get one of the first ones produced. The pain and agony of waiting, and waiting, and waiting, and...........

Oh I know man it's been long enough lol.... Hopefully they ship soon!

OldTimer 02-28-2012 08:12 PM

I don't remember the 2010's being held this long. If I am wrong about that I am sure someone can correct me. I didn't get mine until the second week of May, but, my vin was in the 2000's. Sure makes you wonder if they found something wrong with them.

Ray@RDS 02-28-2012 08:17 PM

3/12/2012

Drake Heminger 02-28-2012 08:52 PM

" Fitzpatrick says that ZL1 production will start out slowly and gradually ramp up, with extra diligence being put into the quality control of the first few ZL1’s that roll off the line. He also added that the dealerships shouldn’t expect their ZL1’s to start arriving until early-to-mid-March."

mickey123456 02-28-2012 10:51 PM

They said mid march, so mid march is when we should expect our cars. From 4B00 the cars usually take 7-10 days to ship to the dealer. This means that they should ship next week sometime!