Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com (https://www.camaro5.com/forums/index.php)
-   Chevy Camaro vs... (https://www.camaro5.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=51)
-   -   2015 Toronto Auto Show (https://www.camaro5.com/forums/showthread.php?t=396315)

rontammy0 02-16-2015 10:17 PM

2015 Toronto Auto Show

So today I went to the auto show for the first time. I cannot believe how ignorant..stupid ..and just plain clueless people can be. After this I will be sure before making sure any future new car purchase it was not at the an auto show. The place was packed....people getting in and out of cars with bundles of keys clipped on their pants....a 2015 convertable ss with leather was one victim. Kids hanging off the cars wearing winter coats with zippers. I was very surprised at the attention the Camaro was getting....people were crowded around it. The price for the car was 56000 Canadian dollars. So don't ever call me cheap lol. The gm rep told me the new Camaro will be 300lbs lighter....and going to be slightly smaller with a bump in power. And she did confirm a turbo 4 will be going into the car...just like the motor in the caddy. She was very good and you could tell she was into cars. From my understanding the caddy ats with a smaller frame is what the Camaro will be based on for a platform. Now don't flame me over misinformation or anything like that. Im simply passing on some info that I heard today. Maybe its already been disussed here already. 1 car I did see was a challenger shaker..its a performance build from dodge....it even has stiffeners in the trunk....lime green with black hood ...roof and trunk....very similar to the aar cuda. Its a good time to be looking at new vehicles..all the manufacturers have really good choices. Did see the 350 Shelby in person. Its a beauty. So if you get a chance to attend a show like this I recommend you do ..its really a good time.

I know its in the wrong section ..ive already asked for it to be moved guys.

Baltimorejohn1 02-19-2015 06:20 PM

Thanks for sharing
It makes me wonder whether to get the CTS-V or wait on the Camaro version whatever it's called

Jc's1LE 02-19-2015 06:48 PM

Yup this is how i heard of the 1LE a few years ago at the auto show here in Orlando. I was just about to get a Nismo 370Z but this lady at the Gm spot knew her stuff and changed my mind and im so glad i went over and talked to her

AzItaliaSS 02-19-2015 08:19 PM

56k? Damn, what is the conversion rate to american? or is it just a gm markup?

rontammy0 02-19-2015 09:30 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by AzItaliaSS (Post 8245208)
56k? Damn, what is the conversion rate to american? or is it just a gm markup?

Our dollar is somewhere around 78 cents to your dollar. It burns me when you guys talk about pricing for ur cars ...my camaro 2ss auto priced out at 49 thousand on the gm build it site.

BDBiker 02-19-2015 10:14 PM

My dealer told me the same thing about the new Camaro being smaller and built on the Caddy platform and with the option of a turbo-4 last week when I picked up my new truck.

SSMY1LE 02-19-2015 10:30 PM

I thought the Chevrolet display was embarrassing !
It had to be the most boring one there, horrible dark lighting and all they did was throw down some carpet and park a couple cars.
They had 2 Camaros and 2 Corvettes (other than the Z28 and Z06 that where behind a knee high wall to keep people away)
If I hadn't bought mine last year it sure as hell wouldn't have persuaded me any this year. The guy from GM there answering questions was brutal, I should have recorded him. Kept telling people that the ZL1 is the GM version of the "Hellcat" and that it has the "biggest engine" that GM makes !!

rontammy0 02-20-2015 02:33 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BDBiker (Post 8245433)
My dealer told me the same thing about the new Camaro being smaller and built on the Caddy platform and with the option of a turbo-4 last week when I picked up my new truck.

That's exactly what she said to me as well....300lbs lighter as well.

rontammy0 02-20-2015 02:36 AM

:thumbup:
Quote:

Originally Posted by SSMY1LE (Post 8245451)
I thought the Chevrolet display was embarrassing !
It had to be the most boring one there, horrible dark lighting and all they did was throw down some carpet and park a couple cars.
They had 2 Camaros and 2 Corvettes (other than the Z28 and Z06 that where behind a knee high wall to keep people away)
If I hadn't bought mine last year it sure as hell wouldn't have persuaded me any this year. The guy from GM there answering questions was brutal, I should have recorded him. Kept telling people that the ZL1 is the GM version of the "Hellcat" and that it has the "biggest engine" that GM makes !!

I agree...the display wasn't very good...ford killed it..what a set up. Im going back tomorrow with my dad and my daughter.....hes close to retiring and wondering if a hell cat is what he needs for his lazy days off. :thumbup: I will try an talk to your buddy...maybe now I know ill hit record on my phone.

rontammy0 02-20-2015 02:39 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Baltimorejohn1 (Post 8244943)
Thanks for sharing
It makes me wonder whether to get the CTS-V or wait on the Camaro version whatever it's called

The cts v was fantastic looking....im curious how the Camaro will compare in size if its true about being built on the caddy frame. I would wait until you at least get a look at the new Camaro...the cts v will still be there waiting for you.:thumbsup:

platinum ss 02-24-2015 07:45 AM

Ya, people were incredibly inconsiderate there...even the guy that won the raffle for the PCC Mustang was a total a%$... just my two cents.

WHAMMO 02-24-2015 06:55 PM

300lbs less LOLLLL ...150lbs MAX!!!

rontammy0 02-25-2015 06:30 AM

Wait and see if anything she said is auctually true.