Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com (https://www.camaro5.com/forums/index.php)
-   5th Gen Camaro SS LS LT General Discussions (https://www.camaro5.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=2)
-   -   Free Onstar directions connections upgrade package? (https://www.camaro5.com/forums/showthread.php?t=26386)

fireresq157 06-08-2009 01:39 PM

Free Onstar directions connections upgrade package?

Any one else remember this? Camaro preorders were supposed to get 1 year of the directions package on top of the regular Onstar service that all other cars get. I even remember seeing a letter from GM about it but it was sent out many months ago and have not found it. Does this ring a bell with anyone else? If so is GM still honoring that offer?

Edit:

I found the Thread here it is

http://www.camaro5.com/forums/showth...ward+preorders

Some one also posted this on it.

"Here's what was posted on chevylaunch

In addition to these changes, Chevrolet is also pleased to announce customers taking delivery of 2010 Camaro 1LT, 2LT or 2SS model will be upgraded at no additional charge to one year service of OnStar’s Direction and Connection Package. In addition to the many standard OnStar features including Accident Notification and Vehicle Theft Locator, customers of 1LT, 2LT and 2SS models will receive OnStar’s Turn-by-Turn Navigation Services – the simpliest and smartest service available."

So any updates to this ?
Does anyone that have a car have it for free for the year? Any confirmations?

Legend 06-08-2009 01:41 PM

Mine was for a year when we activated it at the dealer...would assume others would be the same?

zq8colorado04 06-08-2009 01:41 PM

I remember reading this as well now that you mention it....hopefully we actually get it!

greenrail 06-08-2009 01:50 PM

When I activtaed my Onstar, it included everything for a year.

2010SSRS 06-08-2009 01:51 PM

it used to be all OnStar services were free for a year. the directions option as well. last November we drove over to MI to pick up my Chevelle and it was still included (Acadia was 5 months old).

May 21st, we drove back over to MI to pick up the Camaro and Onstar said that the directions are no longer included in the free year..........it's now $10 a month (Silverado was 5 months old).

my wife did the OnStar setup in the Camaro, so i'm not sure about the Camaro specifically, but i doubt it.

fireresq157 06-08-2009 01:52 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by greenrail (Post 564093)
When I activtaed my Onstar, it included everything for a year.

NICE just had not heard anyone else mention it for over six months, just poped into my head today and figured I ask thanks.

fireresq157 06-08-2009 01:54 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by 2010SSRS (Post 564095)
it used to be all OnStar services were free for a year. the directions option as well. last November we drove over to MI to pick up my Chevelle and it was still included (Acadia was 5 months old).

May 21st, we drove back over to MI to pick up the Camaro and Onstar said that the directions are no longer included in the free year..........it's now $10 a month (Silverado was 5 months old).

my wife did the OnStar setup in the Camaro, so i'm not sure about the Camaro specifically, but i doubt it.

was it a preorder car with the RP6 code? I think the deal was for the preorders. Also I think it's only available with the 1LT 2LT and 2SS for whatever reason.

2010SSRS 06-08-2009 02:00 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by fireresq157 (Post 564105)
was it a preorder car with the RP6 code? I think the deal was for the preorders.

dunno, but ours is an R6P - ordered Oct 13th. i'll have to ask the wife, but i doubt she remembers. i did overhear some of the conversation between her and OnStar but didn't remember them saying anything about being different because of an R6P order (i catch that kinda stuff). but in the 'Maro, we wouldn't use it anyway, she's a toy and trips would be on the bike or in the truck.

but if you're correct about the R6P benefit, that's like 2 pluses to pre-ordering vs waiting! :sm0:

ya gotta just laugh sometimes.

TomServo 06-08-2009 02:04 PM

Yup, son checked his out first thing. He had a long chat with the nice OnStar lady.

One year of their Directions & Connections ($299/year) for free.

2010SSRS 06-08-2009 02:08 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by TomServo (Post 564143)
Yup, son checked his out first thing. He had a long chat with the nice OnStar lady.

One year of their Directions & Connections ($299/year) for free.

sweet..:thumbsup:

R6P benefit #2 CONFIRMED!

TomServo 06-08-2009 02:13 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by 2010SSRS (Post 564159)

Not that it's really needed but it include 30 minutes of OnStar minutes and you can buy an additional 100 for $14.95. So you can start off with 130 OnStar minutesfor $14.95.

It could come in handy in an emergency like say a bad crash when your cell goes flying or you loose signal (On Star has better coverage example on our way up to Pikes Peak in Colo I lost my Verizon coverage but for fun we hit the On Star button and it worked).

So for $15 you'll have peace of mind that no matter what happens you'll be able to call someone.

Tom

UCF w00t 06-08-2009 02:17 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by 2010SSRS (Post 564159)

Nope. This has nothing to do with R6P. All 1LTs, 2LTs, and 2SSs come with a free year of D&C in addition to the base OnStar which is free for a year on all models.

R6P benefit is just the code on the window sticker and the letter/print.

http://www.chevrolet.com/vehicles/20...ro/features.do

Stingr69 06-08-2009 02:31 PM

I know I got 1 Yr D&C free. :)

You don't have to buy the phone minutes up front but it does help a little. The free minutes will expire rather quickly unless you buy some additional (good for 1 year) minutes. You can always buy minutes when you need them if your credit card is on file with them. :thumbsup: That way you only pay if you need them.

The bluetooth phone hookup is a better deal if you have a good existing phone plan to begin with. ;)

-Mark.

2010SSRS 06-08-2009 02:40 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Stingr69 (Post 564244)
I know I got 1 Yr D&C free. :)

You don't have to buy the phone minutes up front but it does help a little. The free minutes will expire rather quickly unless you buy some additional (good for 1 year) minutes. You can always buy minutes when you need them if your credit card is on file with them. :thumbsup: That way you only pay if you need them.

The bluetooth phone hookup is a better deal if you have a good existing phone plan to begin with. ;)

-Mark.

what an option! we have my Samsung and the wifes Blackberry programmed in. which ever of us drives, our cell gets paired automatically and works perfectly!