Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com (https://www.camaro5.com/forums/index.php)
-   Camaro ZL1 Forum - ZL1 Specific Topics (https://www.camaro5.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=85)
-   -   Opinions on Vertical Foglights (https://www.camaro5.com/forums/showthread.php?t=140772)

Rocky918 04-12-2011 10:04 PM

Opinions on Vertical Foglights

So what are your opinions on the stacked fog lights big over small .. i believe the big one acts as a DRL and the small one acts as a complement to the HID/halos at night

personally, I think its ugly as crap and aside from tinted windows, my very first mod will be to try and find a custom plastic insert, or have one made with LED strips ... I want something modern, not retro looking bulbs

plus, I think they should have made the bumper ports a little bigger... makes it look more aggressive to compliment whats under the hood

nasa.zl1 04-13-2011 01:19 AM

I wished they would have used led lights. Every time I replace a bulb they always only have one left, not a pair. Then the following week I have to do the same all over again.

Weezerj 04-13-2011 03:30 AM

Photoshop someone?

SummoneR 04-13-2011 05:12 PM

Ilike them, but I would have preferred the Jay Leno concept version better.

Blackdevil77 04-13-2011 05:19 PM

They don't bother me at all. I like them fine, don't find them one bit "ugly"

2cnd chance 04-13-2011 07:57 PM

Suprised that no one has mentioned removing 1 set for brake cooling ducts.

Elite1 04-13-2011 08:08 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Rocky918 (Post 3089086)
So what are your opinions on the stacked fog lights big over small .. i believe the big one acts as a DRL and the small one acts as a complement to the HID/halos at night

personally, I think its ugly as crap and aside from tinted windows, my very first mod will be to try and find a custom plastic insert, or have one made with LED strips ... I want something modern, not retro looking bulbs

plus, I think they should have made the bumper ports a little bigger... makes it look more aggressive to compliment whats under the hood

I totally agree with you on that, we have something in place like you mention a custom plastic insert with LEDs installed. LEDs are locked and loaded just waiting...

Z4me 04-13-2011 09:58 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Elite1 (Post 3092976)
I totally agree with you on that, we have something in place like you mention a custom plastic insert with LEDs installed. LEDs are locked and loaded just waiting...

Will it be functionable like the stock set to cool the front brakes?
If so I'll be interested to learn more as to how they look and the price.
Thx

Rocky918 04-13-2011 10:01 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Z4me (Post 3093448)
Will it be functionable like the stock set to cool the front brakes?
If so I'll be interested to learn more as to how they look and the price.
Thx

the bumper ports dont cool the brakes lol :laugh: .... they are just for cosmetics ... the front bumper and splitter setup is what directs the air to cool the brakes...

Z4me 04-13-2011 10:06 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Rocky918 (Post 3093462)
the bumper ports dont cool the brakes lol :laugh: .... they are just for cosmetics ... the front bumper and splitter setup is what directs the air to cool the brakes...

Hmm thats not what I remember reading, but I could be wronge I'll have to reread that again. But if thats the case that takes that out of the equation altogather. :rolleyes:

Rocky918 04-13-2011 10:11 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by 2cnd chance (Post 3092931)
Suprised that no one has mentioned removing 1 set for brake cooling ducts.

reallly? you wanna turn that into a hole on the front of your car? lol :barf:

Quote:

Originally Posted by SummoneR (Post 3092266)
I would have preferred the Jay Leno concept version better.

agreed, maybe someone will make aftermarket plastic inserts to somewhat match that?