Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com (https://www.camaro5.com/forums/index.php)
-   General Automotive + Other Cars Discussion (https://www.camaro5.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=6)
-   -   GM scores third straight monthly sales gain (https://www.camaro5.com/forums/showthread.php?t=1945)

KILLER74Z28 11-02-2007 01:34 AM

GM scores third straight monthly sales gain

:clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap:

GM scores third straight monthly sales gain

November 1, 2007

By KATIE MERX

FREE PRESS BUSINESS WRITER

General Motors Corp. reported its third consecutive month of light vehicle sales increases, with a 3.4% increase in U.S. sales in October compared with a year ago, despite an expected decline in overall industry sales.

GM reported sales of 307,408 cars and light trucks in October, up 10,007 vehicles from a year earlier. Light trucks consist of minivans, SUVs and most pickups.

GM reported 229,294 retail sales, led by sales of full-size SUVs, crossovers, the Cadillac CTS and the Chevrolet Aveo, Cobalt and HHR. Retail sales of Saturn vehicles were up 7%, the company said.

Cadillac had its best month this year, with retail sales up about 9%, the company said. Sales of the new CTS were up 75% from a year ago.

"Our strong market share performance and our ability to outpace industry trends on volume demonstrates the consumer acceptance of our new products," said Mark LaNeve, GM North America vice president of sales, service and marketing. "Over the past two years, our new products including the Chevrolet Silverado, GMC Sierra, Cadillac CTS, full-size utilities, and mid-crossovers have all gained retail share following launch. Our committed dealer team has really stepped up to the plate, pushing all of GM's brands above the industry average in the recently released J.D. Power Customer Satisfaction Index."

GM said its market share has increased more than 1 point to 25.1%, compared with the same period last year.

Contact KATIE MERX at 313-222-8762 or kmerx@freepress.com.

stovt001 11-02-2007 04:34 AM

Very impressive, even more so considering less fleet sales. That turnaround plan sure is working something beautiful. GM is positioned well and they have momentum. I hope they use it to the fullest.

Moose 11-02-2007 07:23 AM

:clap:

That is GREAT news. :thumbsup:

As a lifelong GM person, I can honestly say that there isn't one GM model currently offered which I'd be embarrassed to own. (I couldn't alway's say that. :o )

Keep up the great work GM! :clap:

Mr. Wyndham 11-02-2007 07:47 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Moose (Post 28982)
I can honestly say that there isn't one GM model currently offered which I'd be embarrassed to own.

Couldn't have said it any better! They done good, I like the comment about momentum...just think they haven't even really started, there are a few key vehicles that haven't even been released, yet: Malibu, Traverse, Camaro, G8, 08 CTS....this is gonna be fun to watch!

And of all the companies out there, GM has 1/4 of the market....exellent! :cool:

TAG UR IT 11-02-2007 10:21 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Dragoneye (Post 28984)
Couldn't have said it any better! They done good, I like the comment about momentum...just think they haven't even really started, there are a few key vehicles that haven't even been released, yet: Malibu, Traverse, Camaro, G8, 08 CTS....this is gonna be fun to watch!

And of all the companies out there, GM has 1/4 of the market....exellent! :cool:

Exactly. That is an awesome point. I can't wait to see what happens once these hit the market!:thumbsup:

Cubanaso 11-02-2007 02:05 PM

ALL RIGHT!!!!! Good job, I liked Lutz when he pushed for the Viper and I like him still. He is good at giving people what they want.

DGthe3 11-02-2007 11:38 PM

GM is on the right track. Right now, its like watching the tach. You see it climbing and climbing and when it levels off near the redline, you grab 5th gear and just take off. That's what will happen in 2009.