Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com (https://www.camaro5.com/forums/index.php)
-   Cosmetics and Lighting Modification Discussions (https://www.camaro5.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=37)
-   -   In a dilemma about grill (https://www.camaro5.com/forums/showthread.php?t=398980)

mattuz 03-08-2015 02:51 PM

In a dilemma about grill

So I bought an unpainted heritage grill, pretty cheap on eBay, me being the dumb one, I decided to save some more and paint it myself. I'm a perfectionist and it had a couple flaws, so I decided to just start sanding the whole thing back down, which is a major pain, and I only have a small part sanded down now. My question is would I be better off to just spend $300 to buy one online that's already painted, or just continue sanding on mine, and take it to a body shop and have them paint it? I'm figuring they are probably gonna charge $150-$175 or so just to paint it.

BIO-HAZARD 03-08-2015 03:03 PM

Send it to Lupe, at River City Creations & let him fix it all up & paint it. I think it would be worth the money . His work is great.

He charges $370.00 for a brand new grill painted. But see what he would charge to just paint yours .

mattuz 03-08-2015 03:07 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BIO-HAZARD (Post 8281329)
Send it to Lupe, at River City Creations & let him fix it all up & paint it. I think it would be worth the money . His work is great.

I've seen some of his work, and it's amazing. But I'm afraid paying shipping both ways, would get expensive.

ELIC1 03-08-2015 03:32 PM

buy a new one and sand and paint the one you have. and then sell it and make some of your money back. I would get the new one from Maureen

mattuz 03-08-2015 03:34 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ELIC1 (Post 8281384)
buy a new one and sand and paint the one you have. and then sell it and make some of your money back. I would get the new one from Maureen

That's a good idea. Thanks! Who is Maureen?

ELIC1 03-08-2015 03:47 PM

http://www.rodgerschevrolet.com/ ask for her she will do right by you on any part you need for your car. many people on Camaro 5 have used her. maybe someone that has used her can let this guy know he is in good hands with Maureen

JR 1 03-08-2015 04:02 PM

A body shop should be able to paint it for a lot less than $150, it's a small part.

scott's45 03-08-2015 04:06 PM

When I wanted to get my strut tower brace painted, I took it to the dealer. I figured they would have the correct paint in stock, or had the code to easily whip it up. They only charged me $60. No shipping to deal with, just dropped it off and picked it up. I would think the grill would cost about the same.

mattuz 03-08-2015 04:08 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by scott's45 (Post 8281430)
When I wanted to get my strut tower brace painted, I took it to the dealer. I figured they would have the correct paint in stock, or had the code to easily whip it up. They only charged me $60. No shipping to deal with, just dropped it off and picked it up. I would think the grill would cost about the same.

Did they have to mask off your strut tower brace? With this grill, it will have to be masked, which has to be quite detailed

RJT Impala 03-08-2015 08:44 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ELIC1 (Post 8281405)
http://www.rodgerschevrolet.com/ ask for her she will do right by you on any part you need for your car. many people on Camaro 5 have used her. maybe someone that has used her can let this guy know he is in good hands with Maureen

I've used Maureen for a number of purchases. Actually waiting now for delivery of a heritage grille through her. She had one in stock, but wouldn't ship it because several of the grill fins weren't straight. She ordered another one in rather than ship that one to me. They (Rodgers Chevrolet, Maureen and Becky) are truly a class act. Great to work with!

revived 03-08-2015 08:49 PM

How do you get in touch with her, I emailed her 4 times she replied once then never again been 4 days since then. Really don't see why she gets so much praise?

Camaro Dude 03-08-2015 10:10 PM

Haven't seen a pic of your ride, but here is a thought. Maybe you can work out a theme, which includes you plasti dippin the grille instead. This may work out for you and look very nice indeed, but it all depends on the theme of your red Camaro.

I always try and work around with what I've got already, as opposed to the other way around, the former tends to cost less :thumb: .

BRAVO 2SS 03-09-2015 03:14 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by RJT Impala (Post 8281993)
I've used Maureen for a number of purchases. Actually waiting now for delivery of a heritage grille through her. She had one in stock, but wouldn't ship it because several of the grill fins weren't straight. She ordered another one in rather than ship that one to me. They (Rodgers Chevrolet, Maureen and Becky) are truly a class act. Great to work with!

Maureen and Becky for the win! Definitely get your part here! Give them time...they will get back to you. 4 days is nothing to get quality and professional service!

dgriddick 03-09-2015 05:36 AM

buy the painted one.. I did and installed right out the box... better than messing with an unpainted part to try to match the paint.