Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com (https://www.camaro5.com/forums/index.php)
-   Cosmetic Maintenance: Washing, Waxing, Detailing, Bodywork, Protection (https://www.camaro5.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=45)
-   -   Door ding pdr cost (https://www.camaro5.com/forums/showthread.php?t=577485)

StingrayblueSS 06-21-2020 11:40 AM

Door ding pdr cost

1 Attachment(s)
Anyone had a door ding like this? Its right on the crease, wondering what its going to cost.

StingrayblueSS 06-23-2020 03:09 PM

1 Attachment(s)
Ended up costing $180. He came to the house and did the work only took him half an hour. Looks good as new.

xstuntman 06-25-2020 09:03 AM

Your cars so shiny i had a hard time finding the dent.
Jack, jack handle, conduit, light, etc. :)

Glad it came out great.

BAD DAB 06-25-2020 10:13 AM

Glad everything turn out good. I had one in the same place. I think I got mine at a car show because that's the only time I park beside anyone. I could barely sleep at night until I got it fixed.

StingrayblueSS 06-25-2020 05:32 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BAD DAB (Post 10817271)
Glad everything turn out good. I had one in the same place. I think I got mine at a car show because that's the only time I park beside anyone. I could barely sleep at night until I got it fixed.

Thanks, I'm the same way about parking but this happened in the garage. I was sitting with the car door open and the side door of the garage was open also. My grand daughter was talking to me and accidentally pushed the door into the other door.

StingrayblueSS 06-25-2020 05:33 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by xstuntman (Post 10817232)
Your cars so shiny i had a hard time finding the dent.
Jack, jack handle, conduit, light, etc. :)

Glad it came out great.

Thanks, a normal person probably wouldn't notice it.

Bigdumogre 06-25-2020 08:29 PM

I have 6 on my car and it drives me insane. I need to be a quote on the cost.

Pearlj10 06-26-2020 10:48 AM

Glad to hear the fix went well. I had a fender ding fixed by a reputable guy about a year ago and he told me the crease dings were a bear to fix.

StingrayblueSS 06-26-2020 01:33 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Pearlj10 (Post 10817927)
Glad to hear the fix went well. I had a fender ding fixed by a reputable guy about a year ago and he told me the crease dings were a bear to fix.

It cost me 30 dollars extra because of the location.

lemontwist 06-26-2020 09:44 PM

i had 1 on my driver door it was BAD! i also lost sleep over it but my paint got messed up it cost me 500 bucks to fix it and a week in the body shop. 180 and a good night sleep=bargain

redcoats1976 06-27-2020 03:19 PM

collected a nice little ding on my front fender at work a couple of weeks ago.buttheads dont give a damn about other peoples stuff.gonna take it to my PDR guy in daytona within the next week or so.working as an apprentice in a classic car shop was a blessing and a curse,nobody else has noticed this ding but me.

mikeman 06-27-2020 05:33 PM

I can't figure out why those stupid clear bra installers get doctors wages like$1k-$2k+ a pop and these amazing dent wizards, called PDR techs, only get a hundred or so.

The work some of these PDR guys do is just simply amazing. They saved my bacon more than once.

BRZN 06-28-2020 06:43 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by mikeman (Post 10818726)
I can't figure out why those stupid clear bra installers get doctors wages like$1k-$2k+ a pop and these amazing dent wizards, called PDR techs, only get a hundred or so.

The work some of these PDR guys do is just simply amazing. They saved my bacon more than once.

I agree the PDR guys did amazing work. However, you're paying not only for the PPF, but for the labor. It takes a lot more time to install the PPF than to fix a ding. To be certified by one of the suppliers of the PPF to install theirs you've got to take their class, so there's the cost of training too.

Ever try to apply the PPF to anything other than a flat surface, or an area larger than a headlight? It's not all that easy to do correctly.

mikeman 06-29-2020 06:32 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BRZN (Post 10818919)
I agree the PDR guys did amazing work. However, you're paying not only for the PPF, but for the labor. It takes a lot more time to install the PPF than to fix a ding. To be certified by one of the suppliers of the PPF to install theirs you've got to take their class, so there's the cost of training too.

Ever try to apply the PPF to anything other than a flat surface, or an area larger than a headlight? It's not all that easy to do correctly.

It may be a little difficult to apply for some areas, but the pricing is outrageous IMO. You're basically applying a thick clear tint to the outside of the car.

These dent wizards are performing miracles. If it wasn't for them, you need to go to the body shop and have the car all bondoed up and repainted with a multi panel blend to adjacent panels costing thousands more. Also, you then ruin the originality of the car. The last part which would be my biggest concern.

These PPF guys are gouging the public. Most of them are using size adjusted precut templates from the plotting machine anyway.