Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com (https://www.camaro5.com/forums/index.php)
-   5th Gen Camaro SS LS LT General Discussions (https://www.camaro5.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=2)
-   -   The Honor and Valor Camaro Badge (https://www.camaro5.com/forums/showthread.php?t=146894)

WCoolBreeze 05-14-2011 03:39 PM

I ordered one yesterday from the same company.

Walt B.

martinezj454545 05-14-2011 10:54 PM

This is one of the best things GM has come out for the military. Me being in the U.S Navy will definetly buy one ASAP. Thanks for posting this up

Dizzy82 05-15-2011 12:18 AM

Ordered mine. Plan on putting it next to the rear license plate.

figja-me 05-15-2011 12:52 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by martinezj454545 (Post 3220921)
This is one of the best things GM has come out for the military. Me being in the U.S Navy will definetly buy one ASAP. Thanks for posting this up

May I ask what this is ? And what Gm did for the Military. I undersatnd the badge,, But what was the offer ? Any info would be great , I served in the US Navy for 12 years , & My daughter is in the US Navy now On the USS Ronald Reagan , She was just in Japan for 2 months helping out.. Thanks

Iroczlover 05-15-2011 01:04 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by figja-me (Post 3221249)
May I ask what this is ? And what Gm did for the Military. I undersatnd the badge,, But what was the offer ? Any info would be great , I served in the US Navy for 12 years , & My daughter is in the US Navy now On the USS Ronald Reagan , She was just in Japan for 2 months helping out.. Thanks

the badge started out as a limited edition, camaro. only 100 were to be produced to go on 100 camaros.

But many people emailed Fbodfather & Gm asking them to release these badges for those who served, so they Decided to sell these badges.
Heres fbodfathers email

Good afternoon, Camaro Comrades!

Many of you recently received information on a Limited Edition "Honor and Valor" Camaro. And for those of you who haven't - I've attached the information at the bottom of this email.

Additionally, we have a very special offer to members of our Military - those that are active, retired*, reservist, and national guard. Those details are attached as well.

Since then, I've had several veterans ask me about purchasing an "Honor and Valor" Medallion for their Camaro - and I'm pleased to announce that they are now
available.

Go here: http://mdgglobal.com/honorandvalor/index.html

....to order a Medallion for your Camaro -- The cost is $21.75 each - and includes free postage.

On behalf of everyone at GM -- our Dealers and Suppliers - we thank all those who have served - or who are serving - in our Armed Forces.

SDubATC 05-17-2011 02:27 PM

I ordered three last week, and just went back to the website. They also have an "Honor and Valor" license plate frame now. Not sure if it was there last week, but I don't remember seeing it. Might have to order one of those, too. It's the same price as the badge.

MANAWAR 05-18-2011 08:33 AM

Awesome, I just ordered mine today.

camaroeddie 05-18-2011 09:14 AM

Mine is on the way :thumbsup:, looks great, cant wait to put it on, next to the license plate looks like the ticket.

Shift 05-18-2011 09:20 AM

Thanks for serving, badge looks great

thespymaster 05-18-2011 09:24 AM

It's great to offer the "HONOR AND VALOR" badge and a terrific way to show Support to our Troops!

wirebender 05-18-2011 09:25 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by AutoAgenda (Post 3215340)
Either by the license plate or under Camaro on the fender where you like it would be my vote.

What do you think about centering it at the bottom of the rear window under the 3rd break light?
(USAF 73-84)

jungsoo726 05-18-2011 09:33 AM

Awesome

JackRabitSlims 05-18-2011 12:38 PM

Would it be in poor taste to order one if you didn't serve? I would like one, but have not served but simply want to show my support. Thanks for the heads up

SDubATC 05-18-2011 01:13 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by JackRabitSlims (Post 3235042)
Would it be in poor taste to order one if you didn't serve? I would like one, but have not served but simply want to show my support. Thanks for the heads up

Absolutely not. IMO, the badge represents a "Thank You for Serving" from GM, and should you choose to put one on your car, it would be your way of saying "thank you" as well.