Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com (https://www.camaro5.com/forums/index.php)
-   5th Gen Camaro SS LS LT General Discussions (https://www.camaro5.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=2)
-   -   The Camaro batmobile (https://www.camaro5.com/forums/showthread.php?t=56969)

Bell040 12-17-2009 04:56 PM

from a blacked out camaro owner...

get SIM with black stripes

PQ 12-17-2009 04:57 PM

2 Attachment(s)
Black is awesome.

BUUUUUUT, the batmobile thing does suck.

I hated the fin on the roof from the beggining and hated the batmobile references. But I had to get black and wasn't much I could do about the fin.

So there I am, at home with my car for the first time, June 1st, it's getting dusk, the neighborhood kids come over to check it out and one of them say,"OOOoooooo cool, look at that fin, it looks like the Batmobile"

Attachment 80623

Dammit. Thanks a LOT kid.

Attachment 80624

lwlkr92 12-17-2009 05:04 PM

Black looks awesome when your car is flawless, which usually isn't for long. The silver on these cars is all right(no offense) but I always thought that silver looked too much like primer. If not for the IOM, I would have went with RJT or VR.

2010 SSRS 12-17-2009 05:08 PM

Love my IOM :)

RMGee 12-17-2009 05:48 PM

Some people call mine the batmobile too and I think its annoying.

I have thought black hides the lines of this car some as well.

But its black.

Yeah silver is a happy little compromise but I'll break it down for you:

You bought this car because it has the BEST looks out there.

Black looks bad when dirty, but the BEST when clean.

I want the best of the best, but do whatever you want. Just go look at a clean black one and a clean silver one. That will make things so much easier.

jamesfl 12-17-2009 05:54 PM

darth vader edition

http://www.badasscamaro.net/images/1024/camaro1.jpg

Aquaman 12-17-2009 06:00 PM

1 Attachment(s)
Quote:

Originally Posted by iyam_lorne (Post 1295473)
So after the cut of my abm i had to change to another color so i called my salesman and told him id been deciding between black or silver and before i could tell him my choice he says to me in his austrailian accent "Wanna know my personal opinion mate? go with silver." he says "Im usually a fan of black on sports cars but with the camaro black seems to hide the lines and makes it look like the batmobile." personally i think it looks nice in black though too. in any color really but i went with silver not because of his words but because, as i stated before, black on gravel roads do not mix and silver is pretty hot too on this car.

I think ABM is the best color, bar none. It is rare and will only become rarer in the future. Personally, I would buy a slightly used one. You get the color you want and still the smell of a new car.

Attachment 80631

sfgiantsfan9 12-17-2009 06:09 PM

I agree with black looking best on this car when clean. I was asking everyones opinion because I couldnt find enough camaros on dealer lots to see all the colors so I was between IOM, victory red, and black just from pictures. Saw the IOM and didn't like it, saw red and thought it was gorgeous. Then I saw a black one sitting next to it and bam, that was it. Had to have black. Looks sleek and ready to pounce. Honestly though, go out to your garage and picture your camaro sitting there. What color do you picture her in? That's the color you gotta have.

THUMPER20X 12-17-2009 07:38 PM

All the cool kids got black ones.

Infern0 12-17-2009 08:22 PM

Batmobile was bad ass anyway...why is it bad if kids get a kick out of it? Hehe makes me smile regardless.

iyam_lorne 12-18-2009 01:43 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by lwlkr92 (Post 1296097)
Black looks awesome when your car is flawless, which usually isn't for long. The silver on these cars is all right(no offense) but I always thought that silver looked too much like primer. If not for the IOM, I would have went with RJT or VR.

actually my very first choice way back before i even wanted the abm as gonna be VR. I saw it in the showroom and really liked it too. But the thing again about red is that when it has dust on it, it takes on a sort of lighter pinkish look and red also doesnt age well in the sun. Fading is really noticeable on older red cars. Plus, red is just too stereotypical of muscle cars. Mustangs are like flies in red. I really do like the RJT though. The one i test drove was RJT and its nice but it just doesnt seem "me" if you know what i mean. seems too close to maroon to me which is too close to brown in some lighting. My parents have a silver equinox and even it looks pretty good. The camaro brochure really makes the silver appear awesome on this car. Im not the kind of guy that obsesses over a car and wants to wash it every day and wax it and all that. I just want a nice car i like that i can kick around in and not feel bad about every bit of dust and smudge. Im not into showing off and whatnot. If people admire my new car and say something I will appreciate that though but whatever. Its the car I want and its SHINEY:D

Ravirn 12-18-2009 02:06 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Infern0 (Post 1296687)
Batmobile was bad ass anyway...why is it bad if kids get a kick out of it? Hehe makes me smile regardless.

Frickin' right! :thumbsup: I ordered my black camaro and got the "Batmobile" comment from a few friends. Love it. Yeahhh, and what does Batman DO with his Batmobile? Kick serious ass! :paddle:

:fighting0056:

DkknightX 12-18-2009 03:43 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by PQ (Post 1296064)
Black is awesome.

BUUUUUUT, the batmobile thing does suck.

I hated the fin on the roof from the beggining and hated the batmobile references. But I had to get black and wasn't much I could do about the fin.

So there I am, at home with my car for the first time, June 1st, it's getting dusk, the neighborhood kids come over to check it out and one of them say,"OOOoooooo cool, look at that fin, it looks like the Batmobile"

Attachment 80623

Dammit. Thanks a LOT kid.

Attachment 80624

Well, better that then getting confused Dunkin' Donuts patrons yelling out how they love my new "Mustang." :facepalm:

YELLOW2SS 12-18-2009 04:03 AM

Yellow works really well with gravel roads, it does not show the dust bad at all.