Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com (https://www.camaro5.com/forums/index.php)
-   Cosmetics and Lighting Modification Discussions (https://www.camaro5.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=37)
-   -   Red Clazzio seats in IOM Camaro [Pictures] (https://www.camaro5.com/forums/showthread.php?t=247342)

Zacheus83 08-30-2012 09:29 PM

Red Clazzio seats in IOM Camaro [Pictures]

10 Attachment(s)
Greetings!

I decided to order Clazzio's Black/Red/Red which is Black seats, Red inserts, and Red stitching, instead of waiting for Black/Black/Orange. The rub is that I own an IOM.

For those wondering if this combination "works" or looks awful, check out the pictures below.

Installation

The instructions that came with the packaging were garbage. Thankfully, Clazzio has videos on youtube that show the installation process. Overall installation time was 2 hours. Front seats took 35 minutes. Back seats took much longer, but that was because it took forever for me to figure out what I was looking for.

Ordering

Clazzio was as horrible as any other company at communicating. I called in to place the order... my only concern was to order something that was in stock. I was told Black/Black/Orange would come in on Friday (I called in on Tuesday July 31).

Called in on Monday Aug 6, was told the ship was at the dock and that they would receive and then ship my order on Friday Aug 10.

Called in on Tuesday Aug 14, was told they weren't sure why the ship hadn't given them my order. was told FOR SURE that I would receive my order by Friday Aug 17.

Called in on Monday Aug 27. The lady told me that she didn't know who I was speaking to previously, but that special orders take 2 months to receive. She told me she would call a number (?) and call me right back to let me know where the Black/Black/Orange was. I told her I was interested in whatever they had in stock that day, and that I wanted a list of what was in stock. She of course, never called back.

Called in on Tuesday Aug 28 and asked to speak to a manager. Manager tells me he can refund my money or send me what they have in stock. I ask for Black/Red/Red. Received it today, Thursday Aug 30.

Impressions

My opinion is, 9 out of 10 casual on-lookers won't know that these are seat covers. The quality of the pvc and leather is great. There are some glitches in the paint job, mostly along the seams. The 1" memory foam does add to the overall comfort of the seats.

So, how does it look?

In all of the Camaro5 pictures i've seen, the red turns out a little on the sunburst orange side of the spectrum. I did receive their samples and placed it on the exterior... the sample all but disappeared into the IOM color.

The red color is definitely darker than the IOM exterior. However, I am pleased with the final result. Every other orange I've seen (except OEM and Katzkin) are lighter orange than the exterior. Looking at the car through the windshield or side windows, the seats almost match the exterior. Looking at the whole car in direct sunlight brings out the difference in these colors to their fullest extent.

Bottom line

My wife LOVES the look, so I'm happy! :word:

What do you think? Should I be arrested by the fashion police? Anyone else interested in this color combo? At the very least, I can have it painted if I hate it tomorrow. :thumbup:

v6 08-31-2012 01:25 AM

those look comfy :) looks good man

500hpbluez28 08-31-2012 04:08 PM

Looks good to me. I have a few questions though since I am thinking of going with them as well. I wanted to go black leather with blue inserts and blue stitching. How well do they fit? Are they snug fit or kinda loose? You mention there are some glitches in the paint job, mostly along the seams. Can you show pics of what you mean? I just want to be sure I will be happy with them when the time comes. Thanks.

GEEKFREEKSCOTTY 08-31-2012 04:29 PM

they look good.. a little on the loose side, but maybe they'll tighten up..

But the color is fine.. IOM isn't always orange anyway.. in some light, it's red.. in some light, it's closer to yellow.. (which, makes sense since Red + yellow = orange).

I've never seen a pic do IOM or RJT paint justice.. those are beautiful colors in person.

Cam2011 08-31-2012 05:57 PM

They look a little loose, and I can't help but wonder if they will get looser with time? They do look good though, love the IOM interior.

2010 SSRS 08-31-2012 06:01 PM

very nice and gotta love how the IOM paint changes colors in the pictures

PalmerGA 08-31-2012 08:02 PM

Looks fantastic to me... but I am very colorblind. If the little woman likes it, you're good to go!

Zacheus83 09-01-2012 06:00 PM

The pictures don't do it justice. They look a little loose but don't feel loose at all. My other car is a Cadillac which came with leather seats. These seats feel as good as my Cadi... I suspect they will conform to the seats even more over time.

Zacheus83 09-01-2012 06:02 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by 500hpbluez28 (Post 5518858)
Looks good to me. I have a few questions though since I am thinking of going with them as well. I wanted to go black leather with blue inserts and blue stitching. How well do they fit? Are they snug fit or kinda loose? You mention there are some glitches in the paint job, mostly along the seams. Can you show pics of what you mean? I just want to be sure I will be happy with them when the time comes. Thanks.

Sent you a PM.

I'll post some pics when I get home. In some spots the red paint is white... It isn't noticeable from any viewing angle while standing but might be noticed on the rear seat once seated.

It wasn't enough for me to send them back...

500hpbluez28 09-02-2012 07:32 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Zacheus83 (Post 5522431)
Sent you a PM.

I'll post some pics when I get home. In some spots the red paint is white... It isn't noticeable from any viewing angle while standing but might be noticed on the rear seat once seated.

It wasn't enough for me to send them back...

Please do as I want to see what you mean. Thanks.

My Caroline 12-11-2012 11:03 AM

Have the covers stretched to fit better over the passed few months? That's one thing I don't really like about seat covers but of course I always see pictures taken right after they were installed.

Do you still enjoy te seats?

Thanks!

Ivan @ Southwest Speed 12-11-2012 11:35 AM

Looks good sir!

Thank you for the posted pictures
Ivan :)

ricksakuma 05-29-2013 08:20 AM

I just got the seat covers ..the rear is a pain in the a## could you give me some tips on how to put the rear seat back on? Thanks

chicagobulls 05-29-2013 11:09 AM

I have had these for over a year now....

Look brand new still.

I have all black and people are shocked when I tell them they are covers.

As for fit. They are very tight. They tighten up slot once they sit out in the sun. On nine there are no seams or loose leather at all, looks like factory.