Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com (https://www.camaro5.com/forums/index.php)
-   Camaro Price | Ordering | Tracking | Dealers Discussions (https://www.camaro5.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=10)
-   -   I will buy, just not on a pre order...questions (https://www.camaro5.com/forums/showthread.php?t=12505)

domano 68 01-29-2009 07:33 AM

I will buy, just not on a pre order...questions

I will be buying a new 2SS Camaro, but not on a pre-order. I really want to wait until I can drive one, make sure I fit in the car well and get an overall feel of the car.

If I do not pre-order now, or in the next few weeks or months, what are the chances that the dealer will have what I am looking for on his lot (or if he could bring one in from another dealer if he does not have it)? And if there is nothing out there similar to what I am looking for, could I place a special order at that time? TIA

kdbolt70 01-29-2009 07:37 AM

You probably won't see SS models on lots until July or August at the earliest. This is because there is such a high pre-order demand for these vehicles. Hopefully they will be sooner. Your dealer will get a V6 so you'll be able to sit in it and see if the fit is right.

UCF w00t 01-29-2009 07:40 AM

Car on the lot that matches what you want... slim for quite a while. They will be selling pretty much every car that comes their way for at least the remainder of 2009 me thinks. You will always be able to place an order, it's just a matter of how long til the order is able to be produced. I HIGHLY doubt dealers will have any available order slots any time soon. You can always order now and cancel later if you don't like the car after you sit in it. All dealers should be getting a v6 for their lots/showrooms early on that you should be able to check out.

chewy4ce 01-29-2009 07:43 AM

I was told by my dealer that they would be getting a V-6 Showroom car in Late March. Lol...my friend was gonna preorder but the showroom car took up the last preorder slot.

Edrock 01-29-2009 07:57 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by kdbolt70 (Post 267385)
You probably won't see SS models on lots until July or August at the earliest. This is because there is such a high pre-order demand for these vehicles. Hopefully they will be sooner. Your dealer will get a V6 so you'll be able to sit in it and see if the fit is right.

Even then, those would probably be pre-orders waiting to be picked up. I bet you won't see SS Camaros just sitting on the lot for sale that were not special ordered until after October...maybe even December...

wjones14 01-29-2009 08:19 AM

It all depends on what you're looking for. If you're looking for a 6-speed Summit White 2SS with orange rally stripes, sunroof, and the IOM interior trim package, you may be in for a wait. ;)

Seriously, in this economy, who can predict how long the cars will last on the lots? When the 2005 Mustang was introduced, the average time on the dealer lots before being sold was 15 minutes, according to Top Gear when they reviewed the Mustang. In today's economy, it could be 15 days, or longer.

The only guaranteed way to get exactly what you want is to order the car. If you're less fussy (or lucky) you'll be able to find an acceptable car on a dealer lot. Once production is rolling normally, and if the demand isn't ridiculous, you should be able to order a car later this year and get it within 3 months or so, I would estimate.

franknbeans 01-29-2009 08:51 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by chewy4ce (Post 267394)
I was told by my dealer that they would be getting a V-6 Showroom car in Late March. Lol...my friend was gonna preorder but the showroom car took up the last preorder slot.

Don't think this is right. . . GM announced that every dealership will be getting a V6 model. . this was not suppose to take up one of their allocations slots.

CamaroScotty 01-29-2009 09:28 AM

Pre-order and avoid the price increases.

eggydoo 01-29-2009 10:01 AM

i would pre-order anyway, its not like you're obligated to buy.
You could always get your desposit back.

scotchsride09 01-29-2009 10:46 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by CamaroScotty (Post 267493)
Pre-order and avoid the price increases.

Hi Scotty! :wave:

Hey, do you (or does anyone else) know when the price increases will take effect, then? I'm in kind of a bind... Can't order yet til I know what my new salary will be in the next few months but don't want to wait too long...

CamaroScotty 01-29-2009 10:50 AM

MY OPINION (and I usually don't offer OPINIONS too often....) is anything NOT a preorder will have a *PRICE INCREASE

RPO_Z28 01-29-2009 06:27 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by interrex (Post 267773)
After the first year things will come down, IF the ECONOMY straights up, You can always do a dealer trade. Some dealers don't like to but if the car is built laying on a lot somewhere you tell them what you want. The system will spit it out where the car is located. Then the dealer trades new cars to get what you want. GM tells them to if they don't I think their franchise could get pulled or less allotment next time.

Where did you hear that nonsense?

domano 68 01-30-2009 06:25 PM

Thanks guys for all of the input...couple more questions.

I am assuming I can buy from any Chevrolet Dealer? I have one just down the road for me that has been around for a long time but is in a very small town. They are not a big time dealer by no means. I'd like to keep doing business with them.

After reading a lot of info and threads, can someone please confirm that deliveries of pre-orders will occur in the October "time-frame"?

Last question, has anyone gotten below MSRP on a 2SS and if so, by how much? TIA as always!!:chevy:

paulm85 01-30-2009 06:33 PM

You should be able to buy a Camaro from any dealer even the small town dealer.

I was promised below MSRP from my dealer but I am not sure by how much.