Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com (https://www.camaro5.com/forums/index.php)
-   USA - Texas (https://www.camaro5.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=68)
-   -   Flowmaster Force II Axle Back (https://www.camaro5.com/forums/showthread.php?t=298129)

CamaroRich 05-27-2013 08:51 PM

Flowmaster Force II Axle Back

Was curious if anyone has this setup? I'm looking to upgrade my stock exhaust, but didn't want to go too agressive, and from the clips I've heard it sounds like it's a nice moderate rumble.

CamaroRich 05-28-2013 06:26 AM

Well after browsing the forums a little more, maybe the Force II might be a little too quiet for me. Maybe the American Thunder or Outlaw axle backs might be closer to what I'm looking for. Since I just bought the car I'm not ready just yet to void the warranty yet.

faSSteddie 05-29-2013 05:50 PM

I just put on a Flowmaster Outlaw cat back system last weekend and I could not be happier! When you first fire it up, it leaps to life and then settles down a bit. Idle is a nice deep rumble...definitely noticable but not too loud. It snarls and crackles and pops under decceleration much more noticeably.
When you are driving like a citizen you can definately hear it from inside the car, but I got no drone. I believe that is because of the stock cats (and exhaust manifolds). A fella at the Texas Camaro Revolution had the same setup with hi-flo cats and headers and it was INCREDIBLY LOUD! I mean you just about couldn't have a conversation at idle and folks will mess-their-pants-when-you-rack-'em-off kind of loud! Those stock cats muffle a bunch!
When you get on it, it has a good crisp tone with out being too raspy.

If you are ever interested, would be willing to meet you somewhere halfway your place and Dallas(Centerville maybe..) and let you hear 'em in person. MUCH better than trying to pick out exhaust by listening on your computer speakers and by questionable video quality. If not, then no sweat.

faSSteddie

CamaroRich 05-30-2013 06:32 AM

Man that's really nice of you to offer to drive that far so I can hear it, but I ordered the Outlaw axle back a few days ago. I'm guessing the cat back system would sound different though. Either way, I really appreciate the offer. If I hadn't already ordered I'd definitely come take a listen.

DFWZ28 05-30-2013 11:16 PM

Rich, I have the American thunder on mine....love them, great sound but I also have an inductions CAI that does add some extra breathing.

faSSteddie 06-03-2013 12:55 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by CamaroRich (Post 6606419)
I'm guessing the cat back system would sound different though.

Not enough to write home about. It seems to me,the axle back sounds, ever so slightly, clearer or sharper. maybe raspier. In my experience, having any kind of crossover ( weather it be "H" or "X" or "Delta chamber") seems to "mellow" the tone somewhat, although the Flowmaster's Delta chamber seems to have the least effect on the tone compared to an "X" or even an "H".

Having said all that, I think you will be happy with the outlaws, I LOVE mine. I have heard some people say that the "Flowmasters don't have a performance tone". Huh? What are you talkin' about?!! or that some other brand sounds more "refined". "Refined"? What the heck does that mean when talkin' about mufflers? I dunno... I think Flowmaster DEFINES the musclecar sound more so than any other brand. Ahh well...kinda like Daddy says: "Son, not everybody can drive a Chevrolet; that's why there are Fords". I guess not everybody likes Flowmasters either. Sigh....
Lemme know how you like 'em once you get 'em on!
faSSteddie

CamaroRich 06-03-2013 09:11 PM

Actually had them put on Wednesday, and I love them, They arent bad at all while driving, and when I accelerate they really come alive. I havent heard them from outside while someone else is driving, but so far I'm really liking them. When I first crank the engine they really kinda surprise you with the sound briefly