Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com (https://www.camaro5.com/forums/index.php)
-   Canada (https://www.camaro5.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=21)
-   -   How Many Indy Pace Cars were Built?? (https://www.camaro5.com/forums/showthread.php?t=93617)

Lucio 07-07-2010 08:23 AM

How Many Indy Pace Cars were Built??

Hope someone has an official answer, but how many pace cars were built, how many were sent to the U.S., how many were sent to Canada, and how many were built in a manual transmission? Were the pace Cars ever given its own number? If anyone has the answers it would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks,
Lucio

CamaroScotty 07-07-2010 08:37 AM

You're at a dealership and you don't know?

mlee 07-07-2010 08:47 AM

Not counting the Actual Pace cars, just the replicas that went to the public

1) 294 total

2) 249 to the US (50 served as festival cars at Indy)

3) 45 to Canada

4) 4 M6 cars went to Canada

5) No, unless is was one of the festival cars used at Indy.

Lucio 07-07-2010 10:25 AM

Thanks for your help MLEE

I appreciate your help as well Camaroscotty

AnnaBear@SpartaChevy 07-07-2010 11:02 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Lucio@Northyorkchevrolet (Post 2067586)
Thanks for your help MLEE

I appreciate your help as well Camaroscotty

Scotty...you big meanie! You can't give someone a simple answer? You probably knew that one off the top of your head, you wouldn't even have had to look it up. :paddle:

You're gonna get it in Oshawa!! lmao

Irishtoolman 07-11-2010 09:25 AM

There were three official track duty car swith the strobe lights that all had painted stripes and decals.After that the rest were replicas or whatever you choose to call them.There were 294 cars striped with vinyl stripes and door decals.Of this 50 went to Indy for the race festivities which become festival cars and later get sold off through Chevy dealers with various amounts of mileage depending on how much use they got in May.Most had their Indy paperwork and credentials in the glove box when they got sent to the dealers.There were 45 cars prepared for the Canadian market and some of these cars had 6 speed manual transmissions.Still working on getting the exact number of manuals built.One of these Canadian cars went to SLP in NewJersey and was converted into an SLP575.That leaves 199 available for US dealers all automatic transmission cars.

CDN SS 07-11-2010 10:55 AM

I saw one with a manual at the Camaro Nationals in Niagara and I believe the owner told me there was only one other manual one in Canada.

mlee 07-11-2010 11:15 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Irishtoolman (Post 2083510)
There were three official track duty car swith the strobe lights that all had painted stripes and decals.After that the rest were replicas or whatever you choose to call them.There were 294 cars striped with vinyl stripes and door decals.Of this 50 went to Indy for the race festivities which become festival cars and later get sold off through Chevy dealers with various amounts of mileage depending on how much use they got in May.Most had their Indy paperwork and credentials in the glove box when they got sent to the dealers.There were 45 cars prepared for the Canadian market and some of these cars had 6 speed manual transmissions.Still working on getting the exact number of manuals built.One of these Canadian cars went to SLP in NewJersey and was converted into an SLP575.That leaves 199 available for US dealers all automatic transmission cars.

The memo from GM to the dealerships said 200 would go to 187 dealerships. Pretty sure this means 295 replicas were built...:iono: But then things could have changed after the fact.

RCLapCar 07-13-2010 12:47 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Canadian GP (Post 2083718)
I saw one with a manual at the Camaro Nationals in Niagara and I believe the owner told me there was only one other manual one in Canada.

That other manual must be this one then. Still sitting out infront of the dealership waiting for someone to claim it.

Irishtoolman 07-13-2010 09:59 AM

Read the memo again.The original memo said "up to 200 replicas would go to the top selling 187 dealers".I guess they never got to 200??I know for a fact that only 294 cars went through the stripe shop.I also have the dealer listings for all the Canadian cars and 45 was the number listed.There are definetly more than two 6 speed manual cars in Canada.I think what the owner at the nationals in Niagara was telling you was that there were two club members that had 2010 6 speeds as we had the other one at the GM Nationals in Carlisle 2 weeks after the Niagara show and neither car came from Courtsey.When I get time to go through my list I will count the 6 speeds and I am sure it will come out to twenty or more.Canada is split into 3 sales regions for GM Canada Eastern,Central and Pacific and 7 cars went to the Eastern region with 6 of them having 6 speed manual transmissions for sure.The two cars from our club are central region cars and the one at Courtsey is central so right there you have 9 6 speed manual cars.Another central dealer that sponsors us also has one so now we are up to 10.

mlee 07-13-2010 10:01 AM

Thanks for the clarification... Irishtoolman... keep us posted if you pick up any more details...:thumbsup:

Mike2ss 03-08-2016 02:49 PM

was catching up on some history of the Indy Pace cars, how many were built, and ran across this thread, I have the 2010 Indy Pace car (Canadian version/M6) that was converted into an SLP575, it's number 211.

Mike2ss 09-15-2016 01:55 PM

anyone have any updates on this thread information.

TangoMike 09-15-2016 02:10 PM

A bit off topic, but kinda related. A couple where I'm from have both a 2011 pace car, AND a 1969 pace car. Matching vehicles. https://flic.kr/p/HmYLnvhttps://flic.kr/p/HmYLnv