Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com (https://www.camaro5.com/forums/index.php)
-   Camaro Z/28 Forum - Z/28 Specific Topics (https://www.camaro5.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=136)
-   -   Shno's House of Z (https://www.camaro5.com/forums/showthread.php?t=48453)

1320junkie 10-25-2009 04:33 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Number 3 (Post 1087448)

Straight off the presses......................the Camaro is selling like hot cakes.

lol

Number 3 10-25-2009 04:34 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by MisterCamaro69 (Post 1087234)
Yeah, but what if I were to kiss her in public... NOW you see the risk :laugh:

And NO... You guys don't get to choose the girl :mad0260:

Yeah, but is it a TURBOcharger? Was turbo derived from turbine?

..... I forgot what we were talking about... Did someone mention cold beer and fries?

Oh yeah, Is an LS3 really just a fancy air compressor? A SUPERcompressor? (TURBOcompressor?) :laugh:

Well I kissed Mrs. 3 at the grocery store and nothing bad happened. So now I understand what you meant.;)

Websters helps us a lot on the definition.

tur⋅bo⋅charg⋅er  /ˈtɜrboʊˌtʃɑrdʒər/ Show Spelled Pronunciation [tur-boh-chahr-jer] Show IPA
–noun a supercharger that is driven by a turbine turned by exhaust gases from the engine.

Also called turbo.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Origin:
1930–35; turbo- + (super)charger

So I think they are all superchargers, just a subset of them are driven by exhaust gasses.

FenwickHockey65 10-25-2009 04:37 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Number 3 (Post 1087456)
Well I kissed Mrs. 3 at the grocery store and nothing bad happened. So now I understand what you meant.;)

Not even a "That was random"?

ShnOmac 10-25-2009 04:42 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Number 3 (Post 1087448)
Straight off the presses......................the Camaro is selling like hot cakes.

heheh I was waiting to see what the news would be..... :laugh:

Mr. Wyndham 10-25-2009 04:54 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by MisterCamaro69 (Post 1087124)
It's almost all semantics.... If someone can prove me wrong, I'll kiss a pretty girl... in public even. :D

pucker up....;)

Quote:

Originally Posted by dictionary
TURBINE: any of various machines having a rotor, usually with vanes or blades, driven by the pressure, momentum, or reactive thrust of a moving fluid, as steam, water, hot gases, or air, either occurring in the form of free jets or as a fluid passing through and entirely filling a housing around the rotor.

Since a turbocharger is dependent on a turbine, and a turbine is driven by fluid pressure......then NO belt-driven anything can be called a turbocharger, because it doesn't have a turbine.....

The Rotrex is just a fancy Procharger...

Number 3 10-25-2009 04:55 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by MisterCamaro69 (Post 1087234)
Yeah, but what if I were to kiss her in public... NOW you see the risk :laugh:

And NO... You guys don't get to choose the girl :mad0260:

Yeah, but is it a TURBOcharger? Was turbo derived from turbine?

..... I forgot what we were talking about... Did someone mention cold beer and fries?

Oh yeah, Is an LS3 really just a fancy air compressor? A SUPERcompressor? (TURBOcompressor?) :laugh:

Quote:

Originally Posted by Dragoneye (Post 1087510)
pucker up....;)

Since a turbocharger is dependent on a turbine, and a turbine is driven by fluid pressure......then NO belt-driven anything can be called a turbocharger, because it doesn't have a turbine.....

The Rotrex is just a fancy Procharger...

:D

Mr. Wyndham 10-25-2009 04:58 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Number 3 (Post 1087518)
:D

It seems I've pleased the man. He'll reward me with holy information, yes? :bellyroll:

ShnOmac 10-25-2009 05:05 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Dragoneye (Post 1087532)
It seems I've pleased the man. He'll reward me with holy information, yes? :bellyroll:

You will find the holy grail....
http://creativegreenius.files.wordpr.../holygrail.jpg

Before we get any holy information.....

Number 3 10-25-2009 05:12 PM

1 Attachment(s)
Ok here is your Holy information for today

...And Saint Attila raised the hand grenade up on high, saying, "O Lord, bless this Thy hand grenade that with it Thou mayest blow Thine enemies to tiny bits, in Thy mercy." And the Lord did grin and the people did feast upon the lambs and sloths and carp and anchovies and orangutans and breakfast cereals, and fruit bats and large chu... [At this point, the friar is urged by Brother Maynard to "skip a bit, brother"]... And the Lord spake, saying, "First shalt thou take out the Holy Pin, then shalt thou count to three, no more, no less. Three shall be the number thou shalt count, and the number of the counting shall be three. Four shalt thou not count, neither count thou two, excepting that thou then proceedest on to three. Five is right out. Once the number three, being the third number, be reached, then lobbest thou thy Holy Hand Grenade of Antioch towards thy foe, who being naughty in my sight, shall snuff it." Amen.

Mr. Wyndham 10-25-2009 05:17 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Number 3 (Post 1087563)

...And Saint Attila raised the hand grenade up on high, saying, "O Lord, bless this Thy hand grenade that with it Thou mayest blow Thine enemies to tiny bits, in Thy mercy." And the Lord did grin and the people did feast upon the lambs and sloths and carp and anchovies and orangutans and breakfast cereals, and fruit bats and large chu... [At this point, the friar is urged by Brother Maynard to "skip a bit, brother"]... And the Lord spake, saying, "First shalt thou take out the Holy Pin, then shalt thou count to three, no more, no less. Three shall be the number thou shalt count, and the number of the counting shall be three. Four shalt thou not count, neither count thou two, excepting that thou then proceedest on to three. Five is right out. Once the number three, being the third number, be reached, then lobbest thou thy Holy Hand Grenade of Antioch towards thy foe, who being naughty in my sight, shall snuff it." Amen.

So...the hand grenade is the Z/28....the lord is General Motors, and Saint Attila is Fbodfather.....and in no more than three...something (years? Months? Martian months? X-time in dimension Sulu?)....it shall be lobbed at the competition so that they may be smited into tiny bits...

Interesting, very interesting......

:sm0: :bellyroll: :laugh:

ShnOmac 10-25-2009 05:20 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Number 3 (Post 1087563)

LMAO

Watch out for the bunny.....

Classic movie :thumbup:

ShnOmac 10-25-2009 05:21 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Dragoneye (Post 1087570)
So...the hand grenade is the Z/28....the lord is General Motors, and Saint Attila is Fbodfather.....and in no more than three...something (years? Months? Martian months? X-time in dimension Sulu?)....it shall be lobbed at the competition so that they may be smited into tiny bits...

I'm not the only one that needs help..... :facepalm:

:laugh:

Number 3 10-25-2009 05:24 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Dragoneye (Post 1087532)

Quote:

Originally Posted by ShnOmac (Post 1087545)
You will find the holy grail....
http://creativegreenius.files.wordpr.../holygrail.jpg

Before we get any holy information.....

Quote:

Originally Posted by Dragoneye (Post 1087570)

Interesting, very interesting......

:sm0: :bellyroll: :laugh:

LMBFAO................nice Dragoneye, very nice.

Number 3 10-25-2009 05:24 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ShnOmac (Post 1087582)
I'm not the only one that needs help..... :facepalm:

:laugh:

Did you think you were alone? Ha!! Otherwise it would be just you and me in your thread.