Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com (https://www.camaro5.com/forums/index.php)
-   Camaro Issues / Problems | Warranty Discussions | TSB and Recalls (https://www.camaro5.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=70)
-   -   Squeaking/Chirping/Bent hood/Great Service (https://www.camaro5.com/forums/showthread.php?t=214469)

Warlace 04-05-2012 02:18 PM

Squeaking/Chirping/Bent hood/Great Service

I know there is tons of threads on the "chirping" sounds but this a multi-part thread.

2010 Camaro SS, 24k miles.

1st, about a month ago a very faint squeakng/chirping sound on cold start up in the mornings. Wouldn't hear it till the next morning. It has slowly gotten worse, eventually it would do it after work, then at lunch as well, now every time. I took it in 2 weeks ago and Dealership couldn't duplicate. But my service rep told me if it keeps happening or gets worse bring it back in. So last night, my car was screaming at me and even when i swung by the McDonalds drive thru the guy at the window said, "Nice car, but sounds like its dieing!" And then this morning it was BAD, maybe because I was in the garage but my neighbor across the street even heard it.

So, back to the dealership I went. I will post the video of the noise I took this morning later, just can't do it with work computers. Thank god when I got there, when I recranked it, it did it again and my Service Manager and another heard it, but of course the time it took for a tech to come out it stopped.

2nd part, when we closed the hood, for some reason the "<" pointed tip area sunk in about 1/8 of an inch, but the rest of the hood was flushed. We re-popped it open and it didn't pop open all the way and was hard to get it open. The hood is fine not bend or anything but when closed the tip sinks in and you gotta squeeze your fingers in to hit the release tab. So there is 2 problems now.

3rd part, a real big shout out to my service rep Jon at "Ed Boznarth" in Las Vegas. I have heard so many horror stories on these forums about "their" service rep, but mine, Jon, is fantastic. I see people all the time saying they take their cars in 100 times to get 1 problem fixed, but after 2 times, Jon told me they were keeping it till they can figure it out and gave me a loaner till then.

I just hope they can figure it out and fix it soon, because I haven't had my car for 3 hours and I am having withdrawls...I had to pull over in my "Terrain" loaner to breath because the windshield is so huge!! TO MANY WINDOWS!!! :mad0259: So much visibility!!

Chevrolet Customer Svc 04-05-2012 04:36 PM

Glad to hear these issues are being taken care of for you. Let us know how things go for you. If you continue to have any problems I'll do what I can to help you!

Jeff Morris, Chevrolet Customer Service

Warlace 04-06-2012 02:26 PM

Man... Dealership called and said they can't find anything wrong and no idea why its chirping...but he told me they were gonna make some calls and ask some "techs"....

They are keeping it another night and said they opened a "ticket" with Chevy in regards to this. Also they havent even looked at the hood problem.

I think I am going through Camaro withdrawls.....