Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com (https://www.camaro5.com/forums/index.php)
-   Camaro Price | Ordering | Tracking | Dealers Discussions (https://www.camaro5.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=10)
-   -   USAA DISCOUNT $750.00 MIlitary Members (https://www.camaro5.com/forums/showthread.php?t=53767)

BlownSS 11-25-2009 11:58 AM

USAA DISCOUNT $750.00 MIlitary Members

So. I got an email from gmdiscounts and was informed that there is a $750.00 discount on TOP of the supplier discount given to Military members. Here are the specifics. It was easy to sign up and as it states, you do not have to purchase their services to get the discount. Camaroscotty gave me some clarification fr4om the USAA website. Here it is....I hope it can help some of you.

"1) A USAA card, USAA loan document, printout of the USAA.com account profile page, or an expired or current insurance ID card will be required as proof of eligibility at the dealership. No obligation to purchase USAA products to obtain the
offer. Take delivery by 12/31/09.
2) Limited-time purchase price discount offer available from GM through participating GM Dealers. Discount not available on Corvette ZR1, Cadillac CTS-V or medium-duty trucks. Some manufacturer
incentives cannot be added to this discount. See your dealer for more details. 3) Eligible military personnel includes active duty members and Reserves of the U.S. Air Force, Army, Navy, Marines, National Guard and Coast Guard. Excludes
Corvette ZR1. 4) Tax, title, license, dealer fees and optional equipment extra. See dealer for details. 5) Not available with some other offers. Take delivery by 11/30/09. See dealer for details."

bmac 11-25-2009 12:06 PM

According to the USAA website (and a sales guy I spoke to) you do not have to be in the military or a vet to join USAA. Total civilians can get this deal. However, not all USAA products (like car insurance) are available to civilians. Also, I do not know the cost to join USAA but this would obviously affect the total savings.

BlownSS 11-25-2009 12:09 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by bmac (Post 1214839)
According to the USAA website (and a sales guy I spoke to) you do not have to be in the military or a vet to join USAA. Total civilians can get this deal. However, not all USAA products (like car insurance) are available to civilians. Also, I do not know the cost to join USAA but this would obviously affect the total savings.

Good points. I am in the military so it cost me nothing to join....Net savings $750.00 !

skuttduck 11-25-2009 12:14 PM

I've been with USAA since I was driving as my dad is a veteran. I was able to get both the GMS discount, and the USAA discount toward the purchase of my Camaro.

I've been very happy with USAA for insurance.

CamaroScotty 11-25-2009 12:17 PM

I also have been honoring all GM Discounts from Day 1, AND the USAA Rebate ;)

Mojave 11-25-2009 12:19 PM

I received my Camaro with the USAA discount thanks to Classic Chevy and dealers like Scotty !

USN Ordy 11-25-2009 01:28 PM

Scotty,
I've read other posts regarding various discounts/rebates and the dealers that honor/don't honor them. Is there any general guidance for all dealers regarding discounts they should accept or is it dealer by dealer decision only? The one I ordered through (which should be in by next week!) said they would honor the USAA discount but didn't know if I should count on the GMS.

mlee 11-25-2009 01:54 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by bmac (Post 1214839)
According to the USAA website (and a sales guy I spoke to) you do not have to be in the military or a vet to join USAA. Total civilians can get this deal.

There's more to it. If you are a "total civilian" like my 25 year old son you can be a member. It can be passed down generations but not passed up. My father does NOT qualify. There is also no cost for membership, in fact you get so many rebates and credits back it's like they pay you to join. Like the GM deal.

There are many threads on this $750 discount. It is given by USAA not the dealership so there is no reason for it to be denied and can be combined with other GM offers if the dealer accepts those

CamaroScotty 11-25-2009 02:00 PM

USAA is a "rebate" from them...dealers would be goofy not to honor it.

GM discounts are another story.

Duke 11-25-2009 02:59 PM

Thanks Guys

I just went to the USAA.com website and joined as a civilian. Also, today I went to 3300, TPW 12-7 for my 1SS/RS A6, BA, VR.

Wohoo:drinking:

cuspid 11-26-2009 04:59 PM

Their web site said over 11-30. A dealer said it runs through 12-30. Who is right.

FutureCamaroOwner 11-26-2009 07:56 PM

I just hope they bring it back because I wont be getting mine for months :(

SSTony 11-26-2009 08:47 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by CamaroScotty (Post 1215281)
USAA is a "rebate" from them...dealers would be goofy not to honor it.

GM discounts are another story.

I am a member of USAA so how do i get this rebate? is it something i get and give to the dealer?

MadMav 11-26-2009 09:03 PM

I used this discount too. It's easy. You only need to get your salesman a copy of your membership card.

Mav