Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com (https://www.camaro5.com/forums/index.php)
-   Camaro V6 LLT Engine, Exhaust, and Bolt-Ons (https://www.camaro5.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=38)
-   -   Solo HF Cats - dealer issues? (https://www.camaro5.com/forums/showthread.php?t=179002)

mpiper 10-27-2011 10:42 AM

Solo HF Cats - dealer issues?

I'm thinking about getting these cats this winter. For those who already have them:
  1. do they really prevent the CEL?
  2. do they void the warrantee of the engine since the o2 sensor is being "adjusted"
  3. how do the dealers react?

So these just bolt right up to stock exhaust manifolds and any cat back exhaust, right?

Jmiller 10-27-2011 08:38 PM

Solo high flow cats

No cel is thrown. These cat's have o2 sensors ports. Just plug o2 plug in to port and everything will be fine.

I'm not sure about warranty, it's up to the dealer.

If you have the stock headers and stock exhaust on your car then the install is completely a bolt on installation. I had put Doug thorley shortie headers on my car and the high flow cats had to be welded on. For some reason the shortie headers did not have mounting flanges.

These cats make a noticeable difference in power. Great add on.

mpiper 10-27-2011 10:43 PM

Glad to hear about no cel.

Anyone else have these? What have any dealers said when they saw these?

Oh, and the obvious question: Pictures?

RickRay 10-28-2011 08:25 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by mpiper (Post 3935274)
I'm thinking about getting these cats this winter. For those who already have them:
  1. do they really prevent the CEL?
  2. do they void the warrantee of the engine since the o2 sensor is being "adjusted"
  3. how do the dealers react?

So these just bolt right up to stock exhaust manifolds and any cat back exhaust, right?

1. No Cel
2. :iono: until something breaks in the engine..so far so good 60,000 KM on my car
3. I have the works & my dealer saw the set-up & did several Warranty work on my car that didn't have to do with the Exhaust system...:thumbsup:

mydreamcar 10-28-2011 09:12 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Jmiller (Post 3938023)
No cel is thrown. These cat's have o2 sensors ports. Just plug o2 plug in to port and everything will be fine.

I'm not sure about warranty, it's up to the dealer.

If you have the stock headers and stock exhaust on your car then the install is completely a bolt on installation. I had put Doug thorley shortie headers on my car and the high flow cats had to be welded on. For some reason the shortie headers did not have mounting flanges.

These cats make a noticeable difference in power. Great add on.

Heres a question. I have the solo hfc already, was contemplating buying the bbk LT headers with HFC. Would the overall power(hp) be roughly the same by just adding the the DT shorties since I have the HFC already .

thanks

rtcat600man 10-28-2011 10:33 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by mydreamcar (Post 3939438)
Heres a question. I have the solo hfc already, was contemplating buying the bbk LT headers with HFC. Would the overall power(hp) be roughly the same by just adding the the DT shorties since I have the HFC already .

thanks

If you already have the SOLO HFC's why not keep the OBX headers you are looking to sell. I was told these are knock offs of the BBK's.

Hp for the shorties is 5-7. For the LT's you are looking at a minimum of 20+.

mydreamcar 10-28-2011 10:36 AM

I was told by the seller that they wont bolt up to my solo hfc, now did I ask the shop , no , maybe I should

Thanks

rtcat600man 10-28-2011 10:51 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by mydreamcar (Post 3939788)
I was told by the seller that they wont bolt up to my solo hfc, now did I ask the shop , no , maybe I should

Thanks

That could be true, Might just be a size issue, buy an adapter.

mydreamcar 10-28-2011 01:15 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by rtcat600man (Post 3939856)
That could be true, Might just be a size issue, buy an adapter.

Thats a pretty good idea. but I think I have them sold, waiting on a pm.

Thanks for the help though