Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com (https://www.camaro5.com/forums/index.php)
-   Member Car Journals (https://www.camaro5.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=50)
-   -   Tom Henry Racing THR22 2010/LS3/IBM/Supercharged SS Camaro [COTW 10/29/12] (https://www.camaro5.com/forums/showthread.php?t=24276)

Darth_Emma 07-22-2010 07:45 PM

So, I have 1 7/8" Kooks LT headers with high flow cats and a 2.5" Borla touring exhaust. It sounds like that's a good match for the Maggie?

(I'm leaning toward the Maggie again after seeing these videos.)

GTAHVIT 07-22-2010 07:46 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Darth_Emma (Post 2131107)
So, I have 1 7/8" Kooks LT headers with high flow cats and a 2.5" Borla touring exhaust. It sounds like that's a good match for the Maggie?

(I'm leaning toward the Maggie again after seeing these videos.)

just sent you my phone number. ;)

Darth_Emma 07-22-2010 07:48 PM

Sent you mine back! (I guess you were on the phone when I called.)

speedster 07-22-2010 07:52 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by GTAHVIT (Post 2131111)
just sent you my phone number. ;)

Quote:

Originally Posted by Darth_Emma (Post 2131118)
Sent you mine back! (I guess you were on the phone when I called.)

T...

Be careful now. When GTA sends you his phone number, it is a 976 number and costs $4.99/minute. The heavy breathing is not the exhaust... :sm0:

WadeWilson 07-22-2010 08:02 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by speedster (Post 2131129)
T...

Be careful now. When GTA sends you his phone number, it is a 976 number and costs $4.99/minute. The heavy breathing is not the exhaust... :sm0:

:laughabove:

Darth_Emma 07-22-2010 08:40 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by speedster (Post 2131129)
T...

He called me back. Wait until he gets his bill!

GTAHVIT 07-22-2010 10:10 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Darth_Emma (Post 2131324)
He called me back. Wait until he gets his bill!

It was nice talking with you.

:thumbsup:

RJT-Maro 07-22-2010 10:15 PM

Dumb question, but there are some pretty good people in here who know there stuff. Would it be as hard as they say it is to install a supercharger??? :iono:

I am this close to ordering. And I would rather save the installation money for something else.

So sorry to hi jack just wondering??

I know PQ said he was going to install his with Scott.

GTAHVIT 07-22-2010 10:20 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by RJT-Maro (Post 2131695)
Dumb question, but there are some pretty good people in here who know there stuff. Would it be as hard as they say it is to install a supercharger??? :iono:

I am this close to ordering. And I would rather save the installation money for something else.

So sorry to hi jack just wondering??

You know.. I think there is a bit more to it than we think.

But, if you've done other bolton jobs.... and you can take your time...

I think it can be done... I think the Maggie is one of the easiest. but I'm not sure if that is really true... Bolting on the superchager is really not that big of a deal... To me the intercooler and all the fluids required are the more daunting....

I know T and T performance has a free install deal going on his maggies... or at least he did. Maybe you can find someone local or close to local who is offering the same???

I would have to be pretty tight on money to try a blower install my self...

But in the end I think I could do it...

FWIW.

RJT-Maro 07-22-2010 10:37 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by GTAHVIT (Post 2131718)
You know.. I think there is a bit more to it than we think.

But, if you've done other bolton jobs.... and you can take your time...

I think it can be done... I think the Maggie is one of the easiest. but I'm not sure if that is really true... Bolting on the superchager is really not that big of a deal... To me the intercooler and all the fluids required are the more daunting....

I know T and T performance has a free install deal going on his maggies... or at least he did. Maybe you can find someone local or close to local who is offering the same???

I would have to be pretty tight on money to try a blower install my self...

But in the end I think I could do it...

FWIW.

I think I could too, I just don't want to take any risks. It would be kinda fun though lol.

I might get PQ and Scott to help me install mine.

I know if I did it myself it would take a day or two.

WadeWilson 07-22-2010 10:45 PM

Even with instructions I don't trust myself enough to take on a job like that. I would have done my headers had I had the equipment and spot to do it but not a blower.

RJT-Maro 07-22-2010 10:52 PM

Yeah that's what I'm worried about, is messing something up.

I mean I don't mind paying for someone to install it, I just thought it would be kinda fun to try it myself. But I think I will leave this one to the experts lol :laugh:

PQ 07-23-2010 12:21 AM

We talked about it, but I think I've changed my mind on doing a SC install myself. Just too much money involved to screw something up.

Darth_Emma 07-23-2010 08:44 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by GTAHVIT (Post 2131672)
It was nice talking with you.

:thumbsup:

Right back at ya! Thanks for the good advice.