Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com (https://www.camaro5.com/forums/index.php)
-   Member Car Journals (https://www.camaro5.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=50)
-   -   Tom Henry Racing THR22 2010/LS3/IBM/Supercharged SS Camaro [COTW 10/29/12] (https://www.camaro5.com/forums/showthread.php?t=24276)

WadeWilson 12-28-2010 03:11 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by GTAHVIT (Post 2675163)
Ok Set to take 22 in for some warranty work...

I'm headed to the same dealer Speedster bought his camaro from....

I've told them the whole deal on my car, and they seem to be cool with doing non powertrain warranty repairs..

I have a lug nut that's probably cross threaded and I need a new PDIM...

so we'll see if they give me the runaround when I get there.

Hoping for the best.

;)

Good luck. :thumbsup:

TAG UR IT 12-29-2010 03:51 PM

"We are sorry. You added a supercharger. Your seat knob is not covered."

:laugh:

Sorry....lol. I'm sure they will get you taken care of, no problem. I just had a bunch done too. If you find something that you know is on "the list" of TSB bulletin problems, you might want to print it up for them as you bring it in. My guys looked right over the two problems I brought mine in for and I had to point them out on the list for them to get taken care of.

Mr Twisty 12-29-2010 09:21 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by speedster (Post 2675617)
Tell us how it goes. They were really great to work with up front. Let's see how they do on the service side. :)

I wonder if they'll still warrantee your.... hmm...

.... nevermind :bellyroll:

speedster 12-30-2010 09:12 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by MisterCamaro69 (Post 2679783)

Ummm... NO !!! Maybe the glass...:D

Hey GTA - Did they fix your THR22?

GTAHVIT 12-30-2010 09:45 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by MisterCamaro69 (Post 2679783)

lolwaitwut
:laugh: http://www.camaro5.com/forums/pictur...ictureid=30002 :iono:

Quote:

Originally Posted by speedster (Post 2681061)
Ummm... NO !!! Maybe the glass...:D

Hey GTA - Did they fix your THR22?

Take her in on Monday

:D

TAG UR IT 12-31-2010 12:15 AM

I get to take mine back in Monday. If you have any issues that deal with TSB stuff, might wanna print up and take that with you. I had to show them to get them to understand what my issues were (brakes squeaking up front and the back panel by the speaker vibrating). They are going to get them changed out and fixed Monday.

GTAHVIT 01-03-2011 09:15 PM

4 Attachment(s)
Finally swapped out the mufflers...

the 2.5" are on there now... Much louder than the 3" chambered I had on there...

A LOT louder. Sounds Nasty. but I'm thinking it may be too loud.

Now, I've got an exhaust rattle I need to chase down...

But it was fun.. :D

the kiddos came out to give me a hand.

Merc 01-03-2011 09:25 PM

Apprentice mechanic's are always good.

:thumbsup:

Mr. Wyndham 01-03-2011 09:33 PM

Awhaha!! That's so cool!

(I see you've replaced that 'towel rack' for something a little more useful? ;))

zebra 01-03-2011 10:24 PM

nice! yeah, that smaller piping should help bring the exhaust gas velocity up a little being there at the end of the system like that.

i can't wait for some audio clips!

GTAHVIT 01-04-2011 08:49 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by mercuryman96 (Post 2693853)
Apprentice mechanic's are always good.

:thumbsup:

Yes they are.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Dragoneye (Post 2693879)
Awhaha!! That's so cool!

(I see you've replaced that 'towel rack' for something a little more useful? ;))

I think there is a joke in there.....

but... I don't remember it... :laugh:

Quote:

Originally Posted by zebra (Post 2694020)
nice! yeah, that smaller piping should help bring the exhaust gas velocity up a little being there at the end of the system like that.

i can't wait for some audio clips!

Hopefully today or tomorrow...

WadeWilson 01-04-2011 09:12 AM

Sweet! Can't wait to hear it. :popcorn:

TAG UR IT 01-04-2011 11:30 AM

exhaust rattle...

go to home depot talking one of the tunnel brace bolts with you and get some spacers. I put 3 spacers on each bolt (4 bolts total needing 12 spacers) and that lowered the tunnel brace low enough that I don't get that d@mn rattle anymore. Talk about a pain in the rear, man. That rattle drove me nuts. Just drop that tunnel brace and put it back in place with those spacers. It will lower it about a quarter of an inch and that's all that you need to prevent the hitting of the exhaust pipe to the tunnel brace. Cost? $2.30 (vs buying a new special tunnel brace for $100.00)....even thought that new tunnel brace looks cool as sh!t....lol

GTAHVIT 01-04-2011 11:41 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by TAG UR IT (Post 2695397)
exhaust rattle...

go to home depot talking one of the tunnel brace bolts with you and get some spacers. I put 3 spacers on each bolt (4 bolts total needing 12 spacers) and that lowered the tunnel brace low enough that I don't get that d@mn rattle anymore. Talk about a pain in the rear, man. That rattle drove me nuts. Just drop that tunnel brace and put it back in place with those spacers. It will lower it about a quarter of an inch and that's all that you need to prevent the hitting of the exhaust pipe to the tunnel brace. Cost? $2.30 (vs buying a new special tunnel brace for $100.00)....even thought that new tunnel brace looks cool as sh!t....lol

Ya already learned that lesson the hard way... :facepalm:

See this thread...

http://www.camaro5.com/forums/showthread.php?t=105015

I must have one of the clamps a little loose, this rattle appeared after the muffler swap.