Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com (https://www.camaro5.com/forums/index.php)
-   Camaro V8 LS3 / L99 Engine, Exhaust, and Bolt-Ons (https://www.camaro5.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=11)
-   -   1st LMR Production Cold Air Installed and Tuned!! (https://www.camaro5.com/forums/showthread.php?t=23054)

Late Model Racecraft 05-16-2009 10:28 AM

1st LMR Production Cold Air Installed and Tuned!!

We finally installed our first prduction Cold Air Induction System on a 2010 Camaro SS! This is the same car that baselined 356rwhp two days ago. He came back on friday to install our first cold air induction system. Here is the dyno graph....

First run was bone stock
Second run was LMR Cold Air Induction ONLY
Third run was LMR CAI and TUNE

http://i245.photobucket.com/albums/g...0Camaro035.jpg

http://i245.photobucket.com/albums/g...ldAirGraph.jpg

We got almost the exact same results as our prototype. All test runs were made under the same temperature conditions. Who knows what this thing would make if we let it sit over night and cool off.
If anyone has any questions please feel free to shoot me an email at steven@latemodelracecraft.com or just give me a call at the shop.!

blackedout010 05-16-2009 10:34 AM

nice!!!!

JJ2010 05-16-2009 10:38 AM

Those are good numbers.....

When can I buy one?

Z_Rocks 05-16-2009 11:11 AM

Wow, the stock seems to be very restricted. You see how the TQ picks up so quick. Next thing is to add a nice 1 7/8 LT headers and tune, and see how the car responds!

mlee 05-16-2009 11:14 AM

Not crazy about the enclosure but the numbers look great...

bobby35ny 05-16-2009 11:26 AM

2 questions:

1.With the hood closed where is the air coming from? it there a place for outside air to come in or is it all underhood air?

2. Was hood CLOSED during dyno test?

-bobby

linkwpc 05-16-2009 09:27 PM

Does this have a CARB O.E number to it?

Dentyneice 05-16-2009 10:27 PM

Does having that black "wall" around the filter help keep the air cooler by blocking some heat from the engine which would make this setup more efficient than others?

Andro 05-17-2009 10:16 AM

Noice!

Late Model Racecraft 05-17-2009 11:14 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by bobby35ny (Post 492620)
2 questions:

1.With the hood closed where is the air coming from? it there a place for outside air to come in or is it all underhood air?

2. Was hood CLOSED during dyno test?

-bobby

Good questions, GM gave us a little square in the inner fender to be able to pull out to pick up air from the outside.
Yes, we did dyno runs with the hood open and closed.

I copied and pasted this from another board about our results.....
We have made SEVERAL different dyno runs to finally get to where we are now with our final production. We tested so many different variables it wasnt even funny. Josh worked his ass off to get the right combination. Like I stated in this thread, the car made 356rwhp two days ago, and the first pull at the shop on Friday was 353rwhp. Weather conditions are everything when testing something like this. If the motor is just 10* cooler on one pull our results are worthless. That is why Josh had his heat gun out for every test run we made. On average the LMR prototype CAI gained 12rwhp on our car. On this particular car on this day in the same run conditions it DID pick up 16rwhp.

bobby35ny 05-17-2009 11:44 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Late Model Racecraft (Post 494939)
Good questions, GM gave us a little square in the inner fender to be able to pull out to pick up air from the outside.
Yes, we did dyno runs with the hood open and closed.

I copied and pasted this from another board about our results.....
We have made SEVERAL different dyno runs to finally get to where we are now with our final production. We tested so many different variables it wasnt even funny. Josh worked his ass off to get the right combination. Like I stated in this thread, the car made 356rwhp two days ago, and the first pull at the shop on Friday was 353rwhp. Weather conditions are everything when testing something like this. If the motor is just 10* cooler on one pull our results are worthless. That is why Josh had his heat gun out for every test run we made. On average the LMR prototype CAI gained 12rwhp on our car. On this particular car on this day in the same run conditions it DID pick up 16rwhp.

Thank for that info!!
Did the open/closed hood matter in the pulls?

=bobby

Late Model Racecraft 05-17-2009 09:50 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by bobby35ny (Post 495022)
Thank for that info!!
Did the open/closed hood matter in the pulls?

=bobby

We saw a 2hp loss with the hood closed. Same results you would get with any other bodied car.

dankss 05-17-2009 10:32 PM

SEXY

radz28 05-18-2009 11:56 AM

Looks pretty nice! Is there a reason as to keeping the filter inside the engine compartment or was the difference little to nothing?