Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com (https://www.camaro5.com/forums/index.php)
-   Camaro V6 LFX Engine, Exhaust, and Bolt-Ons (https://www.camaro5.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=148)
-   -   Vitesse vs. JMS PedalMax Throttle Controllers (https://www.camaro5.com/forums/showthread.php?t=432675)

kraut1971 12-11-2015 08:27 PM

Vitesse vs. JMS PedalMax Throttle Controllers

I see a lot of members use the Vitesse Throttle Controller but was wondering if anyone has heard of (or uses) the JMS PedalMax Throttle Controller. Wondering if one product is superior to the other, or if they are basically the same product and it's just coincidence I have only read about the Vitesse brand so far.

I just had MRT install my V2 exhaust system and they happened to have a brochure on JMS PedalMax which was the first time I ever heard of that particular brand. Any feedback would be much appreciated!

ghosted 12-12-2015 02:30 AM

I just ordered the Vitesse Controller myself, should be here any day now. To be honest, I hadn't heard or looked for any others as the Vitesse seems to get rave reviews around here, so I didn't bother.

I'd be curious as to what people thought of the other brands, as well.

SinginHawk 12-12-2015 04:18 AM

What's the point of dabbling in other brands if one has proven themselves to be worth your time and money?

Saving a few bucks today isn't worth the headache tomorrow. Leave the experimenting for the fabricators and inventors of the products we buy unless you're savvy enough to make the part or modification yourself.

camguynj 12-12-2015 06:04 AM

I'd be interested in the JMS controller as well as there have been a LOT of users who have had CEL/REP/Stabilitrac problems with the VTC (mostly with the higher settings) and some that happened after mos of use with mid-range settings suggesting the quality of the VTC control unit is questionable given its made in China. The problems are a result of voltage miss matches between the TPS (Throttle Positions Sensor) and the PPS (Pedal Position Sensor) which the ECU is designed to detect. Any throttle/pedal accelerator product has to increase the voltage to provide the increased accelerator/no pedal lag affect. So the same TPS voltage miss matches might occur with the PedalMax at its higher settings? Not much info I could find on the PedalMax only a few Mustang & Vette posts with good things to say, didn't see anything that mentioned CEL type problems but sample was too small.

One thing is obvious is that JMS seems to be a much more established company with a history & stable of manufacturing electronic performance accessories compared to Vitesse (just compare their website info - there is no comparison). Vitesse is basically a mom & pop business who buys the VTC control unit from china, programs it for the Camaro and attaches GM harnesses to it. Maybe that's why the cost difference between the two which doesn't necessarly make one better than the other. That's why I'd like to know more about the Pedal Max too. Maybe its control unit circuitry is better made with better parts and higher tolerances which would prevent CELs/REP/Stabilitac issuses ?

Info -Sent a email to JMS asking is their unit's circuit board is made in USA , they said YES and ONLY TC whose circuit board pins are made of solid gold !

https://slingshotonly.com/polaris-sl...e-sso-product/

1Coopgt 12-12-2015 10:41 AM

I'll stick with my VTC . thanks :happy0180:

Jason@JacFab 12-12-2015 10:49 AM

Vitesse vs. JMS PedalMax Throttle Controllers

http://www.freepower88.com.tw/produc...ductid=112#aaa

http://www.freepower88.com.tw/p2.html

Look familiar?

MARVIL 12-12-2015 10:49 AM

I'd definitely like to see a review on the JMS.

I've seen mixed reviews on the VTC. I'm not one to buy just because everyone has it but more along the lines on which is the best. Being that JMS is out there, before making a decision I'd like to see what JMS has to offer.

MARVIL 12-12-2015 10:51 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Jason@JacFab (Post 8784223)

I saw this a while back while doing searches. I could never find the damn thing again.

Thanks JacFab.

yzark99 12-14-2015 12:47 AM

Arte Johnson: "Very Interesting..."

Dizzy82 12-14-2015 08:52 AM

I'll stick with my VTC.

yzark99 12-14-2015 10:03 AM

Since Viteese doesn't actually make these, and is only a reseller, I wonder if I can get the exact same thing direct from China for $50. No reason to overpay for it.

Awit92 12-14-2015 10:10 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by yzark99 (Post 8787102)
Since Viteese doesn't actually make these, and is only a reseller, I wonder if I can get the exact same thing direct from China for $50. No reason to overpay for it.

It's my understanding you would still need to program it to be compatible with the Camaro ECU as well as purchase a harness from GM.

camguynj 12-15-2015 06:09 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by camguynj (Post 8783917)
I'd be interested in the JMS controller as well as there have been a LOT of users who have had CEL/REP/Stabilitrac problems with the VTC (mostly with the higher settings) and some that happened after mos of use with mid-range settings suggesting the quality of the VTC control unit is questionable given its made in China. The problems are a result of voltage miss matches between the TPS (Throttle Positions Sensor) and the PPS (Pedal Position Sensor) which the ECU is designed to detect. Any throttle/pedal accelerator product has to increase the voltage to provide the increased accelerator/no pedal lag affect. So the same TPS voltage miss matches might occur with the PedalMax at its higher settings? Not much info I could find on the PedalMax only a few Mustang & Vette posts with good things to say, didn't see anything that mentioned CEL type problems but sample was too small.

One thing is obvious is that JMS seems to be a much more established company with a history & stable of manufacturing electronic performance accessories compared to Vitesse (just compare their website info - there is no comparison). Vitesse is basically a mom & pop business who buys the VTC control unit from china, programs it for the Camaro and attaches GM harnesses to it. Maybe that's why the cost difference between the two which doesn't necessarly make one better than the other. That's why I'd like to know more about the Pedal Max too. Maybe its control unit circuitry is better made with better parts and higher tolerances which would prevent CELs/REP/Stabilitac issuses ?

12/15/15 - Sent a email to JMS asking is their unit's circuit board is made in USA , they said YES

MARVIL 12-16-2015 01:42 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by camguynj (Post 8790082)
12/15/15 - Sent a email to JMS asking is their unit's circuit board is made in USA , they said YES

well hot damn! made in the USA. = )