Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com (https://www.camaro5.com/forums/index.php)
-   Cosmetic Maintenance: Washing, Waxing, Detailing, Bodywork, Protection (https://www.camaro5.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=45)
-   -   Need help!! What is the Best polish for BLACK ZL1 (https://www.camaro5.com/forums/showthread.php?t=231987)

808Camaro 06-20-2012 03:22 PM

Need help!! What is the Best polish for BLACK ZL1

Need help!! What is the Best polish for BLACK ZL1

Hey guys just looking for recommendation of keeping my Black Beast shinny and clean. I love the BLACK, but its been a pain wiping down and not scratching the paint and clear coat. I've tried Adams products and Permanon products but neither protect from scratches. Thanks for the help :help::help:

Mrose 06-20-2012 03:56 PM

Hey dont scratch that girl all up before I get to come and see her!!!! Jk have you tried the armoral wheel protectant?

880 06-20-2012 04:01 PM

Are you asking about polishing? You're evening out the clearcoat when you're polishing. So it doesn't matter which polishing you use.

Or are you asking about preventing scratches? There's a guide in the detailing section on how to properly detail your car, which includes proper washing and drying techniques.

Some sealants/waxes show some colors better than others.

Xedes 06-20-2012 04:15 PM

Do they make special polishes for different model camaros? :yikes:

*for those that are a little slow ^that was sarcasm because I have no idea why anyone would put what model they have, other than to gloat, when asking about polish.:bolt:

OP, to answer your question you should try Rejex. Read about it and you'll see what a truly amazing product it is. It's what I used on my C6. However this weekend I plan to try out Black Fire. I've heard good things about this too.

DangerZL1 06-20-2012 04:32 PM

There's a wealth of info on this exact topic in the detailing section, including recommendations on waxes for dark cars. You really need to read up on the 2 bucket wash method and watch some of the Junkman's videos on proper finish care. Most scratches come from washing and drying improperly and no sealant or wax is going to protect from improper technique. I have a black ZL1 and use Blackfire Midnight Sun Carnuba as my wax.

Adam's Polishes 06-20-2012 05:10 PM

Aside from some of the newer nano-coatings no LSP is going to make your car scratch resistant. The bigger key is to determine where in your car care process they're being introduced and address the cause by refining your technique to prevent them. With proper wash habits and technique you should be able to maintain a flawless black paint job.

peyton331 06-20-2012 06:36 PM

Get a nice sealant and paste wax. But for the sealant to cure and set properly you need to strip all of the previous waxes/polishes etc. I use IPA (70% Isopropyl Alcohol diluted to make it about 60%)

Don't use too much or let it sit too long or it will make the paint swell up and discolor.

Angelo@Autopia 06-20-2012 07:20 PM

Once you get your car properly wash/clay/compound and polish then I recommend you using Optimum Opti-Coat 2.0 Permanent Paint Coating for the most type of protection you can get. You should always have in a mini detail bag a bottle of BLACKFIRE Wet Diamond Rinseless Wash, BLACKFIRE Wet Diamond Polymer Spray for those moments of quick detailing and a few Microfiber Towels and a Cobra Guzzler for drying. This is maybe the best in terms of protection for your Camaro.

CamaroDreams07 06-20-2012 07:25 PM

Man this Opti-Coat is taking every thread by storm. Am I the only one that thinks it takes all the fun out of it? I like trying new sealants all the time and polishing. I'd go nuts if I just put a coating on and it was there forever.

Angelo@Autopia 06-20-2012 07:35 PM

I been saying it because so many folks are looking for the best protection system that will last for them for a long long time.