Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com (https://www.camaro5.com/forums/index.php)
-   Suspension / Brakes / Chassis (https://www.camaro5.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=93)
-   -   Race Ramps (https://www.camaro5.com/forums/showthread.php?t=130730)

PB3 02-21-2011 02:45 PM

Race Ramps
 
Alright, did the first oil change on the car since dropping it. What PIA that was. My low-pro jack wasn't long enough for me to reach the floor jack points on the front of the car. Anyone that dropped their cars have the Race Ramps? Where you able to climb them without rubbing? I used to use the Rhino Ramps for my wife's car but the front splitter from the gfx was no going to let it work. Besides those things suck a monkeys choad and slide everywhere.

I have Eibach springs.

camarowa 02-21-2011 02:50 PM

I have the Griot's Garage low profile Jack (little expensive though). No issues that way. I have the Pfadt springs, lowered 1.25".

Moriartii 02-21-2011 02:57 PM

I dont have mine dropped but I do have the Race Ramps, that one piece 67'.

I highly recommend them. I dont think you would have an issue even being dropped and if you did just get a spacer like a 1 x 10 piece of wood to step up too. However vettes use these with no issue.

Cheers
K

PB3 02-21-2011 03:27 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by camarowa (Post 2869187)
I have the Griot's Garage low profile Jack (little expensive though). No issues that way. I have the Pfadt springs, lowered 1.25".

Wow, good looking jack! I think the Race ramps would have a bit more benefits to my purpose than a $400 jack.

hrpiii 02-21-2011 03:34 PM

Just got my Race Ramp Trak Jax last week, haven't had a chance to use them. Take a look, much less expensive that the ramps themselves just to get it off the ground a little.

PB3 02-21-2011 03:58 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by hrpiii (Post 2869374)
Just got my Race Ramp Trak Jax last week, haven't had a chance to use them. Take a look, much less expensive that the ramps themselves just to get it off the ground a little.

Nice! Thanks for mentioning these. These would be perfect!

Kilo-9 02-21-2011 04:16 PM

I have Race Ramps Trak Jax and Pedders Xas at full drop and my car goes right on the ramps without rubbing. One recommendation I have is to avoid the set with the built in stops. They make it hard to get the wheel fully on the top of the ramp. I have a flat set for the rear and the set with stops up front. I wish they were all flat.

SUX2BU 02-21-2011 04:24 PM

I just use some 2"x6" studs for extremely lowered cars. I think i spent $10.

justa25thTA 02-21-2011 04:56 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by SUX2BU (Post 2869571)
I just use some 2"x6" studs for extremely lowered cars. I think i spent $10.

:word:

camarowa 02-21-2011 05:26 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by PB3 (Post 2869341)
Wow, good looking jack! I think the Race ramps would have a bit more benefits to my purpose than a $400 jack.

I definitely did not spend $400, think it was $199. But still......Have been looking at the race ramps mentioned here, might have to pick a set of them.

JusticePete 02-21-2011 06:47 PM

24" 2x12s with truck bed-liner solve the jack problem and serve as a transition to the ramps. We use them in our shop all the time. Actually we have them 48", 36", 24" and 18" lengths.

600hp-lpe 02-21-2011 06:55 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by JusticePete (Post 2870099)
24" 2x12s with truck bed-liner solve the jack problem and serve as a transition to the ramps. We use them in our shop all the time. Actually we have them 48", 36", 24" and 18" lengths.


Me too... lot's of 2X12's in various lengths that I beveled the edges on 30deg angles so they don't kick up when driving on them.

I have one per tire to drive on to get the low profile floor jack to fit underneath the lowered Camaro, and some more for loading the car into the trailer.

jsharp 02-21-2011 08:29 PM

Eibach springs here with 67 race ramps not problems front nor back.

axis 02-22-2011 02:42 AM

No need to spend a fortune unless you just want expensive stuff, or you use them ALL THE TIME. My theory is, I don't have my car up on jacks more than a couple times a year so why invest a small fortune in them. A decent race jack can be had for less than $100 at HF, and two 1-2ft long pieces of 2x4 can be found. Run the front tires up on the 2x4's and the jack will slide under without a problem. :thumbsup:


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 08:25 AM.

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.9 Beta 4
Copyright ©2000 - 2018, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.