Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com (https://www.camaro5.com/forums/index.php)
-   Forced Induction - V6 (https://www.camaro5.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=98)
-   -   LLT Supercharger v6 Camaro 2010 (https://www.camaro5.com/forums/showthread.php?t=220169)

Fr3e4gent 05-01-2012 09:00 PM

1 Attachment(s)
319rwtq

The_cartoonist_88 05-01-2012 09:57 PM

Its probably even higher than that, the Mustangs seem to be a bit conservative on the numbers it gives. If possible I would try to get it on a different brand of Dyno. but that is an awesome number to see

KMPrenger 05-01-2012 10:36 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Fr3e4gent (Post 4896746)
Im not mad or offended whatsoever, Gretchen has a lot more stuff than me yes but at that time he still had more than me. My car did better than his with less things. Only a supercharger of 6psi, No HO fuel pump or injectors, just an advance tune. I could probably run 12 if I upgraded my car a little more but I am just saying. Supercharger is keeping up with you Gretchen and I have less aftermarket parts.

I can't guarantee it, but I'm pretty positive there was no HO fuel pump on his car back in early 2011 when that dyno was taken(in fact they may have only recently found a pump that will allow this car to reach its true potential...which is much MUCH higher than 350rwhp), and I'm not sure about any aftermarket injectors either. Also, we've had several other turbo cars run at 6psi with numbers like yours or higher with nothing more than a tune and all the necessary hardware to run a turbo.

Don't take any of that the wrong way...I love how these supercharger projects are coming along and your car just might be one of the best examples out there currently. Its super impressive and I'm jealous! But the turbo cars will end up being the ultimate performers in my opinion.

Also, I have to say, for a stock auto LLT, 267rwhp is about 15 to 20 HP higher than what I'd consider normal.

One final recommendation...don't call out gretchen... lol He'll put the hurt on ya eventually

:thumbup:

Fr3e4gent 05-01-2012 11:04 PM

I never called anyone out, just stating the obvious.

Superfreak 05-01-2012 11:22 PM

Congrats!! Looks like an awesome upgrade. I have been lurking here for a while waiting for someone to get this IPF supercharger installed. The installation
Looks very stealth and clean - almost oem like. I like the stealth black look. I am happy for you and wish you lots of fun with the upgrade. Keep us posted. I am sure I will be doing the same supercharger upgrade in the next month or so. :thumbup:

TJ91 05-01-2012 11:35 PM

Congrats on the car, pretty impressive numbers but I feel a grudge match coming up.
What did your car pull in the 1/4? It was a 12.9 right?
I think Gretchen ran a 12.4

Fr3e4gent 05-02-2012 12:20 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by TJ91 (Post 4898138)
Congrats on the car, pretty impressive numbers but I feel a grudge match coming up.
What did your car pull in the 1/4? It was a 12.9 right?
I think Gretchen ran a 12.4

Last time I took my car to the track it was when I had a cold air intake. However, my camaro is more powerful than the LFX SC from IPF and that did 13.0. So I know for a fact it will be within the 12s somewhere.

We will see what I do when I get the required items to race.

lscamaro 05-02-2012 01:09 AM

What items do you still need to race? I really hope to see a track day vid! It's exciting to see all these builds.

I love superchargers and their ease of maintenance but i agree with prenger. Turbos are the kings of making power. Just look at cjt's sts setup. Over 400 to the wheels I believe?

Oh and yea, gretchen didn't have any aftermarket injectors or fuel pump, it was just the turbos. Now, his car is something else lol

kenkartasasmita 05-02-2012 02:22 AM

i thought it was supposed to be somewhere above 350rwhp.

GretchenGotGrowl 05-02-2012 07:03 AM

Yeah, we were the first Twin Turbo setup and built it in less than a week. We simply ran out of time on the dyno while tuning it. I don't put a whole lot of stock in dyno numbers as something absolute, they are more of a guide to see if you are making gains and a tool to help with tuning. That's why I'm not too worried about what I actually make to the wheels...I just want it to be fast. There's a lot more to being fast than just a lot of HP. You have to be able to put the power to the ground and not spin. If you see our first videos at the track we spun through first and most of second.

Also, not bashing you, but PT_Killa was the first supercharged LLT. All the designs I've seen have pretty much followed his original design. I'm not suggesting they copied him, but I do think he deserves some credit for what he did.

Macrackie 05-02-2012 07:12 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Fr3e4gent (Post 4898270)
Last time I took my car to the track it was when I had a cold air intake. However, my camaro is more powerful than the LFX SC from IPF and that did 13.0. So I know for a fact it will be within the 12s somewhere.

We will see what I do when I get the required items to race.

"Required items to race"?
Run it stock on the track. Thats going to be the best way to prove that car. By stock I mean oem tires, wheels, suspension etc... I know what mine does without mods and would like to see only the super charger install on the track. Only thing required for the track then is a helmet.

scrming 05-02-2012 07:17 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by GretchenGotGrowl (Post 4898753)
Yeah, we were the first Twin Turbo setup and built it in less than a week. We simply ran out of time on the dyno while tuning it. I don't put a whole lot of stock in dyno numbers as something absolute, they are more of a guide to see if you are making gains and a tool to help with tuning. That's why I'm not too worried about what I actually make to the wheels...I just want it to be fast. There's a lot more to being fast than just a lot of HP. You have to be able to put the power to the ground and not spin. If you see our first videos at the track we spun through first and most of second.

This!

Dynos are a tool... there is a huge variation between different dynos and comparing two different cars on different dynos is really just very loose estimates... To truly get a better feel for things I would rather compare timeslips, taking into consideration the DA...

Can't_C_Me 05-02-2012 08:00 AM

:D can I jump in on this :sm0:! But I'm not!

formare 05-02-2012 08:06 AM

OP - Awsome news!!! Thanks for posting.