Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com (https://www.camaro5.com/forums/index.php)
-   Camaro 1LE Forum (https://www.camaro5.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=149)
-   -   NPP exhaust for sale! (https://www.camaro5.com/forums/showthread.php?t=524869)

1LEwonton 04-01-2018 08:44 AM

NPP exhaust for sale!

3 Attachment(s)
I’m selling the NPP exhaust from my 2015 Camaro SS/1LE that saw 6720 miles. $500 and I’m willing to meet within reason for the sale. I live in Butler, NJ so PM me for details and inquiries.

Turboshee421 04-01-2018 03:59 PM

What did you go with? I order the borla atak for 1Le/zl1 for my car, I can’t wait to put it on Monday.

1LEwonton 04-01-2018 07:15 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Turboshee421 (Post 10130004)
What did you go with? I order the borla atak for 1Le/zl1 for my car, I can’t wait to put it on Monday.

I went with the Corsa 3” catback with X-pipe. It sounds straight evil compared to the NPP. From what I’ve heard you’ll be pleased with the Borla Atak as well.

PapaKlutch 04-02-2018 12:41 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by 1LEwonton (Post 10130169)
I went with the Corsa 3” catback with X-pipe. It sounds straight evil compared to the NPP. From what I’ve heard you’ll be pleased with the Borla Atak as well.

Running the stock H-pipe with the LT headers kept it quieter. The 3-inch X-pipe with off road pipes/hi flow cats is a big contributor to the louder sound.

If you'd run your LT's with a 3-inch X-pipe to an open NPP, it'd still be pretty darn loud w/o spending the cash on the Corsa. But as long as you're happy, tho, that's what counts.

FYI, I don't mean this reply as an insult. Just a clarification that you are comparing sound from two very different H to X-pipes.

1LEwonton 04-02-2018 04:11 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by PapaKlutch (Post 10130876)
Running the stock H-pipe with the LT headers kept it quieter. The 3-inch X-pipe with off road pipes/hi flow cats is a big contributor to the louder sound.

If you'd run your LT's with a 3-inch X-pipe to an open NPP, it'd still be pretty darn loud w/o spending the cash on the Corsa. But as long as you're happy, tho, that's what counts.

FYI, I don't mean this reply as an insult. Just a clarification that you are comparing sound from two very different H to X-pipes.

Didn’t come off as an insult at all, you always throw out good input. 3” X-pipe was a great difference with my mods. This system took my friend and I 1 hour to put on so it was worth every penny, plus the NPP had a bit of a boat sound compared to this setup. It screams more and more as you lean on it without flattening out. Plus 4” quad tips look mean.

PapaKlutch 04-02-2018 04:15 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by 1LEwonton (Post 10131164)
Didn’t come off as an insult at all, you always throw out good input. 3” X-pipe was a great difference with my mods. This system took my friend and I 1 hour to put on so it was worth every penny, plus the NPP had a bit of a boat sound compared to this setup. It screams more and more as you lean on it without flattening out. Plus 4” quad tips look mean.

I'm not a big fan of Corsa Camaro muffler sound but I love their Vette muffler sound. Go figure.... :iono:

I agree that 4-inch tips do look great. Happy to hear you are liking it!

Turboshee421 04-02-2018 10:24 PM

Sorry for jacking your thread but I’m pretty disappointed in the borla attack, it’s a tiny bit loader then my NPP with the fuse pulled and I’m talking a very tiny bit. It does have a little more pop on deceleration but not what I was looking for, idk if it’s cuz I’m running stock headers and cats but I’m in lame Cali so I can only charge the headers “I got shorty hookers on the way” hopefully when I put the supercharger on it will give it a little more attitude.

PapaKlutch 04-03-2018 10:32 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Turboshee421 (Post 10131576)
Sorry for jacking your thread but I’m pretty disappointed in the borla attack, it’s a tiny bit loader then my NPP with the fuse pulled and I’m talking a very tiny bit. It does have a little more pop on deceleration but not what I was looking for, idk if it’s cuz I’m running stock headers and cats but I’m in lame Cali so I can only charge the headers “I got shorty hookers on the way” hopefully when I put the supercharger on it will give it a little more attitude.

Nothing will be very loud with the factory exhaust upstream, tho.

The stock exhaust manifolds and factory cats..keep in mind there are 4 cats under there...is very restrictive. LT Headers, Hi-Flow cats/off-road pipes and a 3-inch X-pipe to any cat-back will sound great and be pretty loud.

Sadly, Shortys aren't worth much power or sound.

I'm CA born and raised (now in Reno, NV) and have been through the smog challenges. So, there are definitely tuners and builders in CA who can get you smogged regardless of your go-fast equipment. I would join up and ask around in your local Camaro clubs (in person if possible) to see if that is an option for you before installing any CARB legal stuff.

540ss 07-15-2018 09:37 AM

Still available

1le_cam 05-31-2019 03:24 PM

still for sale?