Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com (https://www.camaro5.com/forums/index.php)
-   Camaro Convertible Forum (https://www.camaro5.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=133)
-   -   HIGH WING SPOILER ON VERT??? (https://www.camaro5.com/forums/showthread.php?t=465802)

FUEGO 09-05-2016 02:27 PM

HIGH WING SPOILER ON VERT???

I know guys have changed the factory spoiler with aftermarket spoilers on convertibles - I'm asking if anybody has done the HIGH WING spoiler with pictures maybe? Does it hit the shark fin and do the holes line up? (2011 ss vert)

This is the one I want..

http://www.camaro5.com/forums/attach...1&d=1279319869

:help:

TurboNarwhal 09-05-2016 03:20 PM

Convertibles antennae is under the spoiler. You have to have a spoiler with provisions to fit it. either that or you have to relocate it. I have not seen anyone with a high wing on a vert for that reason.

TurboNarwhal 09-05-2016 03:30 PM

There will be holes that need either plugs or to be welded shut. Hard top guys have this same issue. The stock spoilers are attached with 5 holes, 3 will bi visible with the high wing.

FUEGO 09-05-2016 03:37 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by TurboNarwhal (Post 9295322)
There will be holes that need either plugs or to be welded shut. Hard top guys have this same issue. The stock spoilers are attached with 5 holes, 3 will bi visible with the high wing.

Much appreciated brother! How much does welding the holes usually run a guy I can imagine it would need to be painted after the holes are filled? Hmm are the plugs an eye sore?

If anybody has this mod please post a pic so I can decide if itd worth the headache

DRKS1D3 09-19-2016 06:01 AM

2 Attachment(s)
It's your car, it's ultimately your decision. With that being said, it going to be an expensive, pain in the a**. As stated, the antennae is inside the stock spoiler, so you'll have to figure out where to remount it. Next, getting the holes welded shut and repainted will be another issue in and of itself. I'd leave it be and mod something else. Your Camaro will thank you for not subjecting it to the vaunted "Grocery Cart" (high-wing spoiler mod). :happy0180:

Mike J 09-19-2016 11:11 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DRKS1D3 (Post 9318359)
It's your car, it's ultimately your decision. With that being said, it going to be an expensive, pain in the a**. As stated, the antennae is inside the stock spoiler, so you'll have to figure out where to remount it. Next, getting the holes welded shut and repainted will be another issue in and of itself. I'd leave it be and mod something else. Your Camaro will thank you for not subjecting it to the vaunted "Grocery Cart" (high-wing spoiler mod). :happy0180:

:laughabove:

FUEGO 09-19-2016 01:36 PM

Quote:

Yea some of us just like to be a little differnt I don't want to look like every other camaro in my town but you are right sounds like a headache but I wounder if id be the ONLY convertible with the high wing... waiting for somebody to prove me wrong.....

ron123 09-23-2016 06:39 AM

Another option ...
You could remove the current trunk lid with the attached spoiler and put that in storage.
Then, install a pristine condition used LS Trunk lid in your car color (without spoiler - no mounting holes from factory). And then drill holes only where needed to mount the new high wing spoiler.

If you want/need to revert back to factory look it would only take minutes to swap out the trunk lid.
Ron

FUEGO 09-23-2016 10:24 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ron123 (Post 9325543)
Another option ...
You could remove the current trunk lid with the attached spoiler and put that in storage.
Then, install a pristine condition used LS Trunk lid in your car color (without spoiler - no mounting holes from factory). And then drill holes only where needed to mount the new high wing spoiler.

If you want/need to revert back to factory look it would only take minutes to swap out the trunk lid.
Ron

That did cross my mind I tried to do a search but I haven't been able to find any trunk lids without a spoiler .... anybody know where I could find one??

ZED SLED 09-23-2016 11:06 AM

1 Attachment(s)
Quote:

But high wings are much more versatile

98_Camaro 09-26-2016 01:16 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by FUEGO (Post 9325897)
That did cross my mind I tried to do a search but I haven't been able to find any trunk lids without a spoiler .... anybody know where I could find one??

You're going to be looking long and hard. I think the spoiler became stock on all trims in 2012, which means your option is to find a 2011 LT vert, but it's going to have the AM/FM antenna attached to the top like so.
http://images.gtcarlot.com/pictures/63268998.jpg

flipstyledsm22 09-26-2016 09:22 AM

No spoiler is ugly in my opinion.

Who cares what others think. The 3rd gens looked great with the high rise spoilers. My friend in high school had it on his vert and it looked stout! Too bad I can't find pictures of it anywhere.

I plan on putting a 14' Z28 spoiler on my ZL1.

FUEGO 09-26-2016 09:17 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by flipstyledsm22 (Post 9329795)
No spoiler is ugly in my opinion.

Who cares what others think. The 3rd gens looked great with the high rise spoilers. My friend in high school had it on his vert and it looked stout! Too bad I can't find pictures of it anywhere.

I plan on putting a 14' Z28 spoiler on my ZL1.

That would look nice man! Yea I dont really care what others say i think it will look pretty sweet with the top down ive seen an even bigger racing high wing on a hard top rally sport that was bagged abd boosted it makes tye camaro look like a super car i can only imagine with the wide body kit ...

KROLIS 10-10-2016 06:53 PM

saw a 2017 vert that had a high rise spoiler, looked good