Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com (https://www.camaro5.com/forums/index.php)
-   Camaro V8 LS3 / L99 Engine, Exhaust, and Bolt-Ons (https://www.camaro5.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=11)
-   -   Check engine light after K&N install. Please help? (https://www.camaro5.com/forums/showthread.php?t=485631)

Arman 02-25-2017 03:14 PM

Check engine light after K&N install. Please help?

Hello, I am new to this forum and I would like some advice. I bought a 2014 Camaro SS manual with the LS3 V8.

I bought it used at 30000 miles, and after owning it for 8 months, the pre-installed CAI filter (K&N as well) was getting dirty, so I replaced the filter with a brand new filter also K&N.

It has been running fine and smooth for the last week. Today as I left work when the car was started, it ran rough, lots of dash lights came on, and it said service stabilitrack. I got home, checked the battery leads and cleaned the MAF sensor and the roughness, lights and everything went away. It FEELS fine, and drives fine, but the CEL is on :mad0260: , and when I scanned the OBD it said P0308 which is cylinder #8 misfire, yet its riding smooth as ever.

Any tips on how to solve, some people are saying disconnect the battery and fuses 5 and 20. I know the fuses are for relearning the fuel delivery system, but just wondering if anything has experienced this. This car is my prized possession, and i really do not want anything to become worse. I do have a second car so I wont be doing any driving on it until this is done.

Some info on it:
2014 SS
Has K&N CAI
MAgnaflow 3inch pipe custom exhaust

JerTM 02-25-2017 03:53 PM

Check the plug and wire on cylinder #8.

Candr3535 02-25-2017 04:05 PM

Something isn't tight. Maybe leaking air or plug for mass air sensor not in properly. Good luck but check that stuff I mentioned also that air flow sensor in correct.

RankSS 02-25-2017 05:10 PM

Low battery voltage can cause this as well.

Arman 02-25-2017 05:19 PM

My battery is fine. Due to it being a weekend driver. I have it on a battery tender on it twice a month to keep the battery charged. The voltage right off the tender is about 12.5 and after a few days its about 14.4. Candr3535 Now the only thing I changed was the actual filter. I tightened the filter. Ill check the air flow sensor again.

GONIF 02-25-2017 05:27 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by JerTM (Post 9579741)
Check the plug and wire on cylinder #8.

Plug wire.

Test_Eng 02-25-2017 06:45 PM

Check engine light after K&N install. Please help?

Picture of wiring around cylinder #8? May or may not help.
Could be coil pack, plug, plug wire, battery connection, other wiring, or maybe an injector. I don't know how the filter could cause that fault.

Maybe best to let GM plug their scan tool in as they can usually get more data back than generic scan tools.

Also, was it raining the day you noticed this? I have got the stability track fault every once in a while when it rains and water gets to the connectors.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Arman 02-25-2017 07:05 PM

No rain. Perfectly dry. I will post a pic as soon as possible...

Test_Eng 02-25-2017 07:07 PM

One other thing that someone on the forum ran into was having the MAF inserted in backwards but again I'm not sure how that would cause that CEL

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

DokWatson 02-25-2017 07:24 PM

Might be a bit of a longshot, but I don't think it has anything to do with the air intake. You described some symptoms of a clogged catalytic converter. Might check into that.

You can try swapping coil packs, see if the same cylinder misfires.

mydreamcar 02-25-2017 07:25 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by RankSS (Post 9579873)
Low battery voltage can cause this as well.

This will def make that happen

Arman 02-27-2017 01:21 AM

Okay so I reconnected the ignition coil from cylinder 8, and reset the fuses. And now the CEL is gone. Hopefully it does not come back. If it does, ill let yall know. I appreciate the help guys:)