Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com (https://www.camaro5.com/forums/index.php)
-   5th Gen Camaro SS LS LT General Discussions (https://www.camaro5.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=2)
-   -   Pathetic: Car and Driver's "24 Cars to wait for" (https://www.camaro5.com/forums/showthread.php?t=4016)

Navy Blue 05-01-2008 09:43 PM

Pathetic: Car and Driver's "24 Cars to wait for"

i got my second issue of car and driver today, they have the new 2010 mustang on it at the front page, and so in bright orange letter it says "24 cars worth waiting for" i pretty much knew what to expect but was shocked when i didnt see it, they have the g8 gxp, they even have challenger covertible's and the new mustang there...so where's the camaro? i would have bet my life on the line it'd be there. i dont know who to e-mail there let them see the huge error they've just made by not including the camaro... is it bad it kinda depressed me alittle? =/

Camaro_Corvette 05-01-2008 10:49 PM

it wasn't in there, i was told it was...wtf!

Mindz 05-01-2008 11:03 PM

Ford marketing they get the cover, they have a little sway in the editor's list... =P

balonywolf 05-01-2008 11:04 PM

I was reading that during class, and actually let out a loud "WTF!" I did't care - I was pissed!

Camaro_Corvette 05-01-2008 11:08 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by balonywolf (Post 67294)
I was reading that during class, and actually let out a loud "WTF!" I did't care - I was pissed!

:bellyroll: :bellyroll:

I would have done the same thing...

TAG UR IT 05-02-2008 12:43 AM

Which is why I have never subscribed to them and never will.

Definetely write the editor and tell him what a crock of shit that was....DO IT! And post up his response when he sends it back. Ask what he is going to do in the next issue to rectify the situation and keep a subscriber. Seriously.....that's some BS!

GTAHVIT 05-02-2008 10:41 AM

Let Car and Driver know.

In my opinion this should at least be a sticky.

I admit C&D won't care. But, they should know that we are in complete disagreement.

So for no other reason than to full up the email box; I say we let them know. They get to put that crap in print. We get to disagree through email. Seems fair.

Here's the editor(s) email to Car and Driver Magazine. (not the website editor)

editors@caranddriver.com

I recommend we all use the same subject line:

Camaro5 Members Disgust with June 08 issue of C&D - "24 Cars Worth Waiting For"

I say let them have it. In the true Camaro5 manner. A respectful well thought out argument based on real data and true passion that basically says WTF!!!

I'm writing mine right now. They can expect a whole bunch of :mad0260: :mad0260: :paddle: :paddle: :chevy: :chevy: :bs: :bs:

Camaro_Corvette 05-02-2008 11:17 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by gtahvit (Post 67345)

I admit C&D won't care. But, they should know that we are in complete disagreement.

So for no other reason than to full up the email box; I say we let them know. They get to put that crap in print. We get to disagree through email. Seems fair.

editors@caranddriver.com

I say let them have it. In the true Camaro5 manner. A respectful well thought out argument based on real data and true passion that basically says WTF!!!

I'm writing mine right now. They can expect a whole bunch of :mad0260: :mad0260: :paddle: :paddle: :chevy: :chevy: :bs: :bs:

we should include all camaro forums, i'm sure they are just as pissed....:mad0260: :mad0260: :mad0260: :mad0260:

GTAHVIT 05-02-2008 11:23 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by camaro_corvette (Post 67348)
we should include all camaro forums, i'm sure they are just as pissed....:mad0260: :mad0260: :mad0260: :mad0260:

Great Idea. Absolutely.

The_Blur 05-02-2008 02:43 PM

OUTRAGE!

Quote:

Originally Posted by gtahvit (Post 67345)

editors@caranddriver.com

I'm writing mine now! :mad0260:

Camaro_Corvette 05-02-2008 03:09 PM

:paddle: :paddle: :mad0260: :mad0260: :iono: :mad0259: :mad0259: :mad0259: :hitcomputer: :hitcomputer: :fighting0040: :smm7: :smm7: :sm4: :fighting0030: :character0264: :mad0233: :mad0233: :fighting0056: :fighting0072: Complaint Sent!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! i have officially banned car and driver from my house, until they make up for it!!!:sm3: :sm3:

Mr. Wyndham 05-02-2008 03:12 PM

If you do send an email to these people, and you use the site name...please hold up it's good reputation as a respectful forum.

Don't go off on a rant, and call names, etc...That would look bad on the site, and it really is uncalled for.

:thanks:

GTAHVIT 05-02-2008 04:26 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Dragoneye (Post 67375)
If you do send an email to these people, and you use the site name...please hold up it's good reputation as a respectful forum.

Don't go off on a rant, and call names, etc...That would look bad on the site, and it really is uncalled for.

:thanks:

Sorry,

I should have checked with the Mods before I made the suggestion. But, I'm confident that the members here will stay on point and not just flame away.

I understand you don't want the site to look bad. :thumbsup:

Navy Blue 05-02-2008 09:18 PM

holy crap! yea i mean i like the magazine and all but i think they made a huge mistake, i got the magazine subscription free and they had other crappy mags so i went with car and driver i fuigured..i like cars...and i'm a driver..Perfect! but i'm dissaopinted massively, i'm e-mailing them after i finish this post..which would be ..now!