Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com (https://www.camaro5.com/forums/index.php)
-   Off-topic Discussions (https://www.camaro5.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=5)
-   -   Which are the worst re-made movies of all time? (https://www.camaro5.com/forums/showthread.php?t=166237)

Ivas 08-19-2011 05:32 PM

Which are the worst re-made movies of all time?

The Hollywood movie establishment has adopted a credo that seems irredeemable: The Re-made movie. :facepalm:

Which REAL CRAP-OLA RE-MAKES have you seen? Or which movies or TV shows NEED A RE-MAKE?

I'll start our list of shame: "Moby Dick", Patrick Stewart should've stayed aboard the starship Enterprise and left Gregory Peck in black and white at the helm.:(

Iwantone2 08-19-2011 06:04 PM

A lot of people are saying that True Sh!t should have been left alone...but I've never seen the first one to compare.

I think Conan should not have been remade

Steve Dallas 08-19-2011 06:15 PM

Will you include movies I refuse to see because the original was a classic and has no need of a remake? For me, examples would be True Grit and Conan. I agree on Moby Dick.

Also, Psycho, Poseidon and Godzilla and The Invasion (Invasion of the Body Snatchers) come to mind.

Tessa 08-19-2011 06:30 PM

I think Hollywood needs to be shot for re-making Dirty Dancing and Footloose...
Anything from the 80's should NOT be re-made at this point. It's criminal.

What next? We defile The Breakfast Club and make it into some horrible ghetto MTV crap movie too? :facepalm:

Decibel JJ 08-19-2011 06:34 PM

The Pink Panther

Does this include colorized movies that should have been left in black&white too?

Oddball 08-19-2011 06:37 PM

[QUOTE=Decibel JJ;3642774]The Pink Panther

Agreed! I like Steve Martin, but he ain't no Peter Sellers. ("Kato..?")

Ivas 08-19-2011 06:39 PM

I didn't know that "Dirty Dancing" had been re-made! Sounds to be too soon about too little to me.

How about that remake of "The Lord of the Flies". The original flick was a black and white, starkly rendered story about BRITISH CHILDREN during WWII under horrific psychological stress. Re-making a color movie about American kids is a travesty of the author, William Golding's intentions.

Oddball 08-19-2011 06:44 PM

[QUOTE=Ivas;3642801]I didn't know that "Dirty Dancing" had been re-made! Sounds to be too soon about too little to me.

Yup. They're re-making Dirty Dancing. Next thing you know they'll re-make BEACHES! FOR THE LOVE OF GOD! SOMEBODY SHOOT ME NOW!!!!

Berean 08-19-2011 07:08 PM

True Grit wasn't that bad, and I'm a big fan of the original. Can't speak to most of the others here, haven't seen them but I'd include any move based on a TV show.

One of the best remakes of all time is generally considered to be the 1941 version of the Maltese Falcon.

Now there's a movie that should be left alone.

Oddball 08-19-2011 07:18 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Berean (Post 3642932)
True Grit wasn't that bad, and I'm a big fan of the original. Can't speak to most of the others here, haven't seen them but I'd include any move based on a TV show.

One of the best remakes of all time is generally considered to be the 1941 version of the Maltese Falcon.

Now there's a movie that should be left alone.

They actually made a sequal/ spoof of The Maltese Falcon back in the mid '70's called The Blackbird. It was a comedy and I can only remember one scene from it.

dutchnrican 08-19-2011 07:34 PM

"the karate kid" and "a nightmare on elm street"

I liked true grit. thought it was good. i've seen the original, too.

BackinBlackSS/RS 08-19-2011 07:35 PM

Anything past the first JAWS. :thumbdown:

dutchnrican 08-19-2011 07:42 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BackinBlackSS/RS (Post 3643009)
Anything past the first JAWS. :thumbdown:

those would be sequels though, correct? not re-makes. but yeah it is rare for sequels to be as good or better than the first.

BackinBlackSS/RS 08-19-2011 07:45 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by dutchnrican (Post 3643034)
those would be sequels though, correct? not re-makes. but yeah it is rare for sequels to be as good or better than the first.

DOH! :facepalm: :thumbsup: