Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com (https://www.camaro5.com/forums/index.php)
-   Tuning / Diagnostics -- engine and transmission (https://www.camaro5.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=73)
-   -   Trifecta tune car runs better after flashing back to stock?? (https://www.camaro5.com/forums/showthread.php?t=262117)

motley1987 11-22-2012 10:33 AM

Trifecta tune car runs better after flashing back to stock??

I had a trifecta tune during the summer at the same time I installed a V8 exhaust. It seemed like the engine ran louder and sounded like it was laboriing and in between gears all the time especially when I would maintain a constant speed going up a slight incline. I thought maybe it was my driving style and I never noticed it until I got the louder exhaust. After a few weeks I put my V6 exhaust back on and eventually redid the tune without the transmission part and still got the laboring sound. When I originally did the tune I sent my data log in to BNR and mentioned the laboring sound but got the "tune looks good" response. So I finally decided to flash back to stock a couple days ago and I swear the laboring sound is almost gone and the car seems just as peppy if not more now with the stock tune. The only engine mod I made after the tune was switching from the black ice-olator to the 25MM Mace insulator. Could this have caused that much of a difference in my engine performance to need a retune? Has anyone else noticed a worse performance with their initial trifecta tune and if so what did you do? I'm going to contact BNR directly, but figured I'd try here too.

Ben

BNRacing 11-22-2012 12:55 PM

I got your email and will respond but I'll respond here too. Can you flash the tune back to it and take a new data log for us? We'll take a look at it asap.

motley1987 11-22-2012 01:30 PM

I should be able to do it tomorrow and send you the file. Thanks for the response!

Ben

motley1987 11-23-2012 03:52 PM

Two datalogs just sent. I'll pm the ticket #'s. Thanks for looking into this for me.

Ben

motley1987 12-01-2012 05:45 PM

Any word on my new datalog? I sent it on Black Friday and haven't heard back yet. :iono:

motley1987 12-06-2012 07:58 AM

So BNR replied that they set the tune for premium fuel. I flashed my car back to stock and still swear it's running better on the stock tune. I'm going to send a datalog with the stock tune to see if it looks any different. But I was wondering, could the performance be affected that much if I have a tune set for a high octane fuel and I put in 87 octane? I hope that's my only issue since I can fix that easily enough.

BNRacing 12-06-2012 09:20 AM

It's not really that its set for a high octane fuel- we set them all up for premium but you can run lower grade. We just want to see how it acts on the stock tune

motley1987 12-15-2012 05:23 PM

When I installed my plenum spacer I used rtv on one side of the spacer and the OEM gasket on the other side but I never reused the "x wing" gasket that went inside it. Could that be causing my problem?