Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com (https://www.camaro5.com/forums/index.php)
-   Camaro ZL1 Forum - ZL1 Specific Topics (https://www.camaro5.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=85)
-   -   800WHP Katech Stage 5 E85 SN#10 (https://www.camaro5.com/forums/showthread.php?t=567966)

Katech_Zach 01-08-2020 03:08 PM

800WHP Katech Stage 5 E85 SN#10

We recently had a ZL1 that just left our shop that I wanted to share with you guys. This ZL1 came in equipped with only headers and left with our Stage 5 E85 package. It gained nearly 200whp/150trq to the wheels on pump and 260whp/215trq between the 93 baseline and the E85 final tune.

800whp through a ported LSA blower on E85 is pretty nice if you ask me. There is a few left on the table with a more aggressive camshaft/pulley combo, but this is a fully warrantied 800whp tried-and-true setup.

This car features our Stage 5 E85 package that notably includes:
-ID1300x Injectors
-Fore Dual Pump Fuel System
-Katech CNC Heads and Supercharger
-Katech Valvetrain
-ARP Head Studs
-Griptec/ATI Pulley Combo
-Nick Williams 102mm Throttlebody
-RPM 5" LSA Intake
-Katech High Capacity Heat Exchanger

https://i.ibb.co/mvRCGCc/degroat2.png

https://i.ibb.co/N3x7rvp/Katech-Degroat.jpg

quinthawk 01-08-2020 03:44 PM

How much less does the stage 3 E85 make?

RobZL1 01-08-2020 04:06 PM

Awesome! Zach, what pulleys are you guys running with this one?

Katech_Zach 01-09-2020 08:26 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by quinthawk (Post 10695591)
How much less does the stage 3 E85 make?

We are in the process of revising some of our stage packages for these vehicles, so it is hard to estimate specific numbers. I will follow up with a PM.

Quote:

Originally Posted by RobZL1 (Post 10695606)
Awesome! Zach, what pulleys are you guys running with this one?

I do not want to reveal the exact combo, but I will say the pulley ratio is ~3.6.

DRKS1D3 01-09-2020 09:15 AM

Geezus! Awesome build guys! :w00t:

12oclockshadow 01-09-2020 09:43 AM

That's a handful on the street!!

Katech_Zach 01-09-2020 11:19 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DRKS1D3 (Post 10696057)
Geezus! Awesome build guys! :w00t:

Quote:

Originally Posted by 12oclockshadow (Post 10696080)
That's a handful on the street!!

It was definitely quick when the car was getting street tuned after chassis dyno, thats for sure.

Can't wait to see what the Kong 2650 does for this package when the right customer comes along. We are eager to make a "Stage 6". :happy0180:

RobZL1 01-09-2020 12:51 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Katech_Zach (Post 10696008)
I do not want to reveal the exact combo, but I will say the pulley ratio is ~3.6.

Good enough for me! Thanks and nice job!

(As an aside, when did pulley sizes become a secret? Seems like you'd just want to maximize belt wrap within physical constraints while achieving your target ratio.)

Katech_Zach 01-12-2020 09:57 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by RobZL1 (Post 10696222)
Good enough for me! Thanks and nice job!

(As an aside, when did pulley sizes become a secret? Seems like you'd just want to maximize belt wrap within physical constraints while achieving your target ratio.)

It all comes down to maximizing belt wrap like you said, if a customer inquired by email I would give specifics.

Also thank you, we are hoping to continuously improve. I have been working hard to push for more Camaro applications in the shop, maybe the next one will hit 825.

StreetRage320 01-12-2020 10:58 AM

great build Zach. I really like that package. Most do not want to take the time to drop the fuel tank and put in a dual in-tank pump setup, but in my opinion that is the only way to go.

is this still your stage 5?

Package includes:
-Baseline chassis dyno
-ATI damper with supercharger overdrive
-Katech high capacity heat exchanger
-Katech Stage 5 LSA camshaft
-CNC port cylinder heads
-Competition valve job and hand blending
-ARP head studs
-GM head gaskets
-Valve springs, locators and seals
-Trend pushrods
-Katech C5-R timing chain
-Griptec supercharger pulley and hub
-CNC port supercharger
-CNC port supercharger snout
-Nick Williams 102mm throttle body
-RPM 5" air intake system
-Rotofab washer relocation kit
-Flex-Fuel sensor
-Fuel injectors
-Fuel pump
-Spark plugs

is the intercooler setup stock, I see on the CTS-V forums a lot of those guys look at higher flow pumps, expansion tanks, ice tanks, refrigerant packages or larger coolers.

do you keep the stock oil pump?

if you cannot share that info is fine, just really curious on this build. One of the better ones I have seen in awhile and I am one of the last who has not started their ZL1 build yet. I tend to over-analyze everything :noidea:

Katech_Zach 01-12-2020 01:16 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by StreetRage320 (Post 10698047)
great build Zach. I really like that package. Most do not want to take the time to drop the fuel tank and put in a dual in-tank pump setup, but in my opinion that is the only way to go.

is this still your stage 5?

Package includes:
-Baseline chassis dyno
-ATI damper with supercharger overdrive
-Katech high capacity heat exchanger
-Katech Stage 5 LSA camshaft
-CNC port cylinder heads
-Competition valve job and hand blending
-ARP head studs
-GM head gaskets
-Valve springs, locators and seals
-Trend pushrods
-Katech C5-R timing chain
-Griptec supercharger pulley and hub
-CNC port supercharger
-CNC port supercharger snout
-Nick Williams 102mm throttle body
-RPM 5" air intake system
-Rotofab washer relocation kit
-Flex-Fuel sensor
-Fuel injectors
-Fuel pump
-Spark plugs

is the intercooler setup stock, I see on the CTS-V forums a lot of those guys look at higher flow pumps, expansion tanks, ice tanks, refrigerant packages or larger coolers.

do you keep the stock oil pump?

if you cannot share that info is fine, just really curious on this build. One of the better ones I have seen in awhile and I am one of the last who has not started their ZL1 build yet. I tend to over-analyze everything :noidea:

We upgrade the factory heat exchange to our high capacity version. At more extreme power levels we can go even further. We have done ice tank setups in the past, it all depends on the application and what you are doing with the vehicle.

If we choose to upgrade the oil pump, we use our Katech CNC oil pump. If the vehicle is getting piston squirters, we use the high capacity version.

That is the majority of our package, like mentioned before we are currently revising and getting ready to update our website with our new versions of each stage kit. If you need any assistance or you're interested in modifying the car feel free to contact us. Over-analyzing isn't a bad thing, it just means you want to make sure you do exactly what you want. Let us know what you are doing with the vehicle and what kind of power you want to make, and we can make it happen. Also, nice color. Blue ray's are hard to come across nowadays.

lionssfan 01-13-2020 03:48 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Katech_Zach (Post 10698145)
We upgrade the factory heat exchange to our high capacity version. At more extreme power levels we can go even further. We have done ice tank setups in the past, it all depends on the application and what you are doing with the vehicle.

If we choose to upgrade the oil pump, we use our Katech CNC oil pump. If the vehicle is getting piston squirters, we use the high capacity version.

That is the majority of our package, like mentioned before we are currently revising and getting ready to update our website with our new versions of each stage kit. If you need any assistance or you're interested in modifying the car feel free to contact us. Over-analyzing isn't a bad thing, it just means you want to make sure you do exactly what you want. Let us know what you are doing with the vehicle and what kind of power you want to make, and we can make it happen. Also, nice color. Blue ray's are hard to come across nowadays.

I have a 2012 Zl1, and live in Michigan. I would like for you to do some port work to my blower. I'm a mechanic by trade and would like to do my own work. I would like your recommendation for some parts to install and for you to tune my car. What services do you provide for a DIY person if any? thank you

Strick 9 01-15-2020 09:33 AM

Nice, all done on the stock bottom end ??

FasNuf 01-29-2020 10:26 PM

:pop2: ^^^