Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com (https://www.camaro5.com/forums/index.php)
-   Suspension / Brakes / Chassis (https://www.camaro5.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=93)
-   -   Pfadt suspension upgrades (https://www.camaro5.com/forums/showthread.php?t=301543)

BalogUK 06-12-2013 04:00 PM

Pfadt suspension upgrades

New parts on their way! Stay tuned for the install-
ZL spec sway bars, drop springs and the 2010 rear upgrades....

Thanks Apex!
:happyanim:

Apex Paul 06-12-2013 04:38 PM

it's gonna change your life. (well, at least how you corner)

http://apex-speed.com/images/emotico...wshortsoff.jpg

BalogUK 06-12-2013 05:06 PM

Gonna cause me to "upgrade" my driveway, too. Damn you rolled curbs!!

Apex Motorsports 06-12-2013 05:18 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BalogUK (Post 6662439)
Gonna cause me to "upgrade" my driveway, too. Damn you rolled curbs!!

I have the same problem in my subdivision. Check out Bridjit Curb Ramps. And thanks for your order!

BalogUK 06-12-2013 05:42 PM

Exactly my plan, Chase been stalking Amazon all week as they cycle the price up and down. Gives me time to order them as I just got the email from Victoria that the kits are out of stock!

BalogUK 06-14-2013 08:39 AM

Chase/Paul, does Pfadt drop-ship direct to me, or will they ship components to you and then you subsequently ship the full kit to me?

According to Pfadt, the outstanding items are the endlinks

BalogUK 07-03-2013 07:45 PM

Still waiting for Pfadt to get all the components ready....3weeks and counting. Anyone else waiting for ZL stage 2 kit?

Happy 4th everyone!

Fast6.3 07-04-2013 10:54 AM

Im waiting on endlinks

HaulnSS 07-04-2013 10:58 AM

Still waiting on mine. Been a few weeks.

Rjgreen2 07-05-2013 07:07 AM

I got the Stage 3, everything is on its way except the endlinks and sway bar, its getting powder coated.

BalogUK 07-05-2013 08:00 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Rjgreen2 (Post 6752958)
I got the Stage 3, everything is on its way except the endlinks and sway bar, its getting powder coated.

Same as I've been told... But it should be done by now. Endlinks were drop forged a couple weeks ago and bars should've been back from the coater by now.... :frusty:

BalogUK 07-05-2013 05:25 PM

Update:

So much for anything being on its way... Pfadt says middle of July at least before package will be ready to ship. Still can't get a clear answer as to what the "latest" parts delay is. But is what it is. No speeding it up.
I truly appreciate that everything's made in-house-- that's how you ensure top quality-- but come on, if you know stock is low, move forward with production. Do you wait till you're on the side of the road, out of gas before deciding to get more, no! So WTF Pfadt?! Way to make my first experience with your company pretty damn &!>+y.
Total downer for the summer.

Justin

CHMSC 07-06-2013 12:58 PM

I feel your pain man. I ordered coil overs and camber plates at the end of May. Got the coilovers the next week but not the camber plates. I was told six weeks.....well here it is six weeks later and nada. Just asked for a refund since Pfadt told me they have no idea when they will be making them......now that is a WTF?

Ordered my ZL spec sways a few weeks ago and still don't have those. I was told this week they don't even have the bar stock to make the until next week. So I am hoping in a few weeks I will have them. NOT VERY IMPRESSED WITH PFADT RIGHT NOW!!

SPCBA 07-06-2013 05:18 PM

they are busy building headers apparently

alaskacamaro 07-07-2013 12:30 PM

Had PFADT ZL stage three package installed a few weeks ago. Without a doubt the most impressive modd I did to the car. Hard to put into words how much differently the car handles...

BalogUK 07-08-2013 07:05 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by CHMSC (Post 6756906)
I feel your pain man. I ordered coil overs and camber plates at the end of May. Got the coilovers the next week but not the camber plates. I was told six weeks.....well here it is six weeks later and nada. Just asked for a refund since Pfadt told me they have no idea when they will be making them......now that is a WTF?

Ordered my ZL spec sways a few weeks ago and still don't have those. I was told this week they don't even have the bar stock to make the until next week. So I am hoping in a few weeks I will have them. NOT VERY IMPRESSED WITH PFADT RIGHT NOW!!

Hmm no bar stock...well that's troubling. I guess it's all been lies about the bars being at the powder coater for the past two weeks. They need to get their story straight with a number of orders outstanding.... :paddle:

Jim Burke 07-08-2013 02:17 PM

Yea I've been waiting about the same amount of time.

Kinda frustrating, especially because I was told they were supposed to be ready to ship last week. Now no one seems to know when they will ship

PfadtRacing 07-08-2013 02:35 PM

PM me the details on your orders and I will keep you guys completely in the loop. I know the guys in the back are working overtime to build and test everything and have it sent out as fast as possible. When you build 100% here in the states it gets harder to keep large inventory, but our stuff is top notch and well worth the wait!

CHMSC 07-09-2013 02:03 AM

Finished up putting on my pfadt coil overs tonight. These things rock!! Can't wait to hit the track! I guess the wait for these parts is worth it but it would be nice to get a straight story from the get go.

Very happy with the coilovers and will report back when I have adjusted them and have them dialed in.

BalogUK 07-09-2013 06:00 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by CHMSC (Post 6766003)
Finished up putting on my pfadt coil overs tonight. These things rock!! Can't wait to hit the track! I guess the wait for these parts is worth it but it would be nice to get a straight story from the get go.

Very happy with the coilovers and will report back when I have adjusted them and have them dialed in.

Nice! :biggrin: Can't wait to get the rest of the package and install- hopefully Pfadt gets done sooner rather than later on the remaining parts-

BalogUK 07-10-2013 04:15 PM

Any updates Eric?
Today is 4 weeks. No ETA, no explanation from Pfadt.

BalogUK 07-15-2013 07:34 PM

Pfadt fails to perform

Tomorrow is 5 weeks without an ETA on when Pfadt will ship the parts they've accepted money for. Apex how is this good business practice?? How do you guys support this level of care and knowingly keep their products for sale knowing damn-well that it may be MONTHS before the customer may receive their orders?
http://www.apex-speed.com/pfadt-race...e-1450030.html
:mad2: :mad0260: :emoticon1:

CHMSC 07-15-2013 08:34 PM

I would say don't blame Apex. They are just the vendor. This is all on Pfadt. I am 3 1/2 to 4 weeks for just sways. Don't even get me started about the camber plates.

Just glad I have my coilovers installed. They shipped right away and were on my door step in less than five days.

VR Baron 07-15-2013 09:40 PM

Bars powd coated? Mine were just painted it appeared, scratched easily

BalogUK 07-16-2013 07:53 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by CHMSC (Post 6782124)
I would say don't blame Apex. They are just the vendor. This is all on Pfadt. I am 3 1/2 to 4 weeks for just sways. Don't even get me started about the camber plates.

Just glad I have my coilovers installed. They shipped right away and were on my door step in less than five days.

I certainly don't blame Apex for this. What I am upset with is that they've closed out the order as if there's no issue, and further that they don't post that the items are back ordered or are long-lead. If I would have known it was going to take 5+ weeks I think I would have chosen an alternate product-- before my card is charged any money taken.

At this point I don't even talk to Apex any more because they have even less info than I do. I call and email Eric, Aaron and Robbin over at Pfadt and no one has a clue. They keep saying its a small shop but yet they can't figure out where the parts are in their assembly status. Inexcusable.

CHMSC 07-16-2013 02:52 PM

I can only agree with you on that man.

BalogUK 07-17-2013 08:41 PM

So I talked to Rob at Pfadt this afternoon. It only took 5 weeks to finally have a legitimate conversation about their manufacturing process. The problem is not resolved but at least I understand. All along, I must admit that he crew at Pfadt have been professional and courteous- no matter how angry I am....they however refused to answer my questions directly- until Rob.

The total manufacturing timeline for the ZL spec sway bars (front and rear) is approximately 8 weeks. This is from bar stock to boxed and ready to ship. Rob has informed me that this production batch is approximately two weeks out. They are currently having the flat adjustable mounting plates cut, drilled and welded to the bar. After this the bars will be shipped out for powder coating, shipped back to Pfadt a couple days later for final assembly and shipment processing. This batch had experienced a brief delay due to bar stock arriving late, but they have pushed to get this batch prepared on schedule due to the extensive backlog.

I expressed to Rob that I would have much rather heard that the bars were 8-9 weeks out due to being a new production batch than to be fed liiitle portions of partial truth along the way. He agreed that they have not handled their customer communications as well as they could have.

So, I still don't have my bars but I now at least understand the process timeframe and when to better expect the shipment. A simple five minute call and some honesty....what a novel idea.

HaulnSS 07-18-2013 07:41 AM

Hope mine are in this run!!!

Quote:

Originally Posted by BalogUK (Post 6790705)
So I talked to Rob at Pfadt this afternoon. It only took 5 weeks to finally have a legitimate conversation about their manufacturing process. The problem is not resolved but at least I understand. All along, I must admit that he crew at Pfadt have been professional and courteous- no matter how angry I am....they however refused to answer my questions directly- until Rob.

The total manufacturing timeline for the ZL spec sway bars (front and rear) is approximately 8 weeks. This is from bar stock to boxed and ready to ship. Rob has informed me that this production batch is approximately two weeks out. They are currently having the flat adjustable mounting plates cut, drilled and welded to the bar. After this the bars will be shipped out for powder coating, shipped back to Pfadt a couple days later for final assembly and shipment processing. This batch had experienced a brief delay due to bar stock arriving late, but they have pushed to get this batch prepared on schedule due to the extensive backlog.

I expressed to Rob that I would have much rather heard that the bars were 8-9 weeks out due to being a new production batch than to be fed liiitle portions of partial truth along the way. He agreed that they have not handled their customer communications as well as they could have.

So, I still don't have my bars but I now at least understand the process timeframe and when to better expect the shipment. A simple five minute call and some honesty....what a novel idea.

Rjgreen2 07-18-2013 10:51 PM

BalogUK, I am in the same boat as well brother. I am heading toward the end of my four weeks so far, I keep getting told "I will check". It is definitely a headache, I order the whole stage 3 ZL kit and right now they are just paper weights here sitting pretty.

CHMSC 07-21-2013 11:17 PM

Good luck n getting your stuff guys. I gave up and canceled my order for the sways when I found a used set here locally for sale, picked them up this Saturday. No more waiting for me!!

BalogUK 07-22-2013 05:30 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by CHMSC (Post 6805320)
Good luck n getting your stuff guys. I gave up and canceled my order for the sways when I found a used set here locally for sale, picked them up this Saturday. No more waiting for me!!

Jealous... ;)
Hope ours ship out later this week, but not holding my breath.

SPCBA 07-22-2013 08:19 PM

sad that i can get coilovers faster from germany or australia than you all can get sways from UTAH!!!

CHMSC 07-22-2013 08:45 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BalogUK (Post 6807964)
Jealous... ;)
Hope ours ship out later this week, but not holding my breath.

I hope so for your guys sake as well man. It sucks to keep waiting and waiting without an answer when the waiting is going to end. From what I have been told pfadt usually ships out quick but for whatever reason they are really behind right now on certain things.

Quote:

Originally Posted by SPCBA (Post 6808699)
sad that i can get coilovers faster from germany or australia than you all can get sways from UTAH!!!

:sm0: that is sad. But the pfadt stuff is pretty frickin awesome!

BalogUK 07-24-2013 04:18 PM

Well today's week 6 from order.... Hope someone has answers,

Matt @ FSP 07-24-2013 07:57 PM

Guys unfortunately Pfadt has been dealing with some backorders on their POPULAR ZL Spec sways... They are on top of everything, but end of the day they want to bring you a quality product, not a pieced together bar that just looks shiny.

I understand as we always get the new Pfadt goodies or other vendor goodies and can't wait to test them all out. We'll be putting their drag spec ZL bar on the shop car soon enough too.

SPCBA 07-25-2013 01:48 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Matt @ FSP (Post 6816678)
Guys unfortunately Pfadt has been dealing with some backorders on their POPULAR ZL Spec sways... They are on top of everything, but end of the day they want to bring you a quality product, not a pieced together bar that just looks shiny.

I understand as we always get the new Pfadt goodies or other vendor goodies and can't wait to test them all out. We'll be putting their drag spec ZL bar on the shop car soon enough too.

has nothing to do with an expansion and releasing headers and focusing on ats and and and?

interested in the delays for camaro products when new vette needs r and d and they start to make products for that.

PfadtRacing 07-25-2013 09:21 AM

Guys we are working hard to complete all of the zl spec components for you! A lot of work goes into making these bars from raw stock, and they are finally nearing completion. We will keep you updated.

Also, while our ATS and Camaro/Corvette power products are generating a ton of excitement for us, those components are built by an entirely different team in our shop. Currently, our suspension team is working overtime to keep up with the increased demand we've seen this summer. I guess people everywhere are starting to catch on to our suspension systems for the Camaro (which has been the case for the Corvette for some time), and I've been taking on average 5-10 calls per day more for our zl spec parts since mid May.

grocerygetter 07-25-2013 11:15 AM

Matt...you can always sell me the current drag spec rear bar you have on the shop car for the older style control arms if you stick with the ZL spec. :D

BalogUK 07-25-2013 11:16 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by PfadtRacing (Post 6818303)
Guys we are working hard to complete all of the zl spec components for you! A lot of work goes into making these bars from raw stock, and they are finally nearing completion. We will keep you updated.

Also, while our ATS and Camaro/Corvette power products are generating a ton of excitement for us, those components are built by an entirely different team in our shop. Currently, our suspension team is working overtime to keep up with the increased demand we've seen this summer. I guess people everywhere are starting to catch on to our suspension systems for the Camaro (which has been the case for the Corvette for some time), and I've been taking on average 5-10 calls per day more for our zl spec parts since mid May.

Just a shame really- ordered back in June fully expecting to have my parts as neither Pfadt (directly) nor Apex showed any warning that the items were back ordered. Here we are we are with Camaro5fest next week and I thought I'd have the parts on my car, pumped to put it on the course and really drive it and now I can't. Gone ahead and cancelled reservations as this was the primary intent of my wife and I making the trip. I'll be happy whenever they finally do show up on my doorstep, but this has been a disappointing transaction to say the least. :frown:

CHMSC 07-26-2013 02:48 AM

Just installed my pfadt sways....used since they are taking to long to ship lol

These things and paired with the coil overs and 275-35-20 PSS are freaking awesome!!!!!!!

Can't believe how good my car handles!!!!!!

Be patient guys these parts do rock!!!!