Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com (https://www.camaro5.com/forums/index.php)
-   Off-topic Discussions (https://www.camaro5.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=5)
-   -   Finally Time- Moving to Texas from Michigan (https://www.camaro5.com/forums/showthread.php?t=1915)

Kyle.Gilmour 10-30-2007 12:37 PM

Finally Time- Moving to Texas from Michigan

Hey Everyone,

Specially those in central Texas.

I was recently 'promoted' at work. I switched from Services to Consulting (traveling), I am starting work in DC next week, long story short, I will be in DC during the week and in Austin Thursday night - Monday morning. Chose Austin because it is a party town and a good place to come to on the weekends. Also got a 30% raise... so my Camaro Fund is GROWING!

Friday Morning I am finishing packing, loading my bed and keggerator :D on small trailer, stuffing the Avalanche full and driving about 1500 miles to Austin.

Some good news is that another thread is posted about low gas prices! It should take me over 100 gallons to get down. So prolly around 300 bucks I think.

I hope to roll in Saturday afternoon, catch a nap and head down to 6th street for the night. If you are in the Austin/San Antonio area (Tag) you should come down to some of the bars on 6th. I know a few bar owners.

If you are in the area I would like to meet up with some of you for drinks sometime. I will drive my cousins 02 SS so not to feel left out.
Shoot me an email if anyone would like to meet up sometime.
kyle.gilmour@gmail.com

Hope to see some of you soon!

TAG UR IT 10-30-2007 12:44 PM

Austin is a cool place. I lived there for a while back in the college days. Not for long though...long story. Traffic there sux. There's lotsa people...BEAUTIFUL women...traffic sux (did I mention this?)...

I hadn't been to 6th ST in years. Sure we'll all meet up sometime. You just missed our Dallas meet. Congratualtions on the job! 30% raise is pretty good and will surely help out w/ that Camaro fund!

etrigan 11-12-2008 05:46 PM

Welcome to Texas! If I had a choice, I would rather be in Austin than any other city. I was only there for little over a year but it was fantastic. Tag's right on all counts. People also seem to be quick on the horn in Austin traffic.

I wonder if the Black Cat is still on 6th St?

Kyle.Gilmour 11-13-2008 09:31 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by etrigan (Post 189092)

I wonder if the Black Cat is still on 6th St?

Hey Thanks entrigan,

I have been in Austin a year, moved in a year ago last week actually. I now live in a highrise in downtown. Crazy stuff man, the downtown is just blowing up. Tag was right, I have had my fair share of beautiful women down here. I will be picking my black 2SS/RS from Classic up in Grapevine this spring, we'll have to meet up.

Black Cat huh? doesnt sound familiar, and I am very familiar with the bar scene. I know there is a Johnny Cash tribute bar called Mean Eyed Cat, but thats west 5th i think. I will keep an eye out for your black cat bar.

Kyle

Txturbo 11-13-2008 09:39 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Kyle.Gilmour (Post 189598)
Hey Thanks entrigan,

I have been in Austin a year, moved in a year ago last week actually. I now live in a highrise in downtown. Crazy stuff man, the downtown is just blowing up. Tag was right, I have had my fair share of beautiful women down here. I will be picking my black 2SS/RS from Classic up in Grapevine this spring, we'll have to meet up.

Black Cat huh? doesnt sound familiar, and I am very familiar with the bar scene. I know there is a Johnny Cash tribute bar called Mean Eyed Cat, but thats west 5th i think. I will keep an eye out for your black cat bar.

Kyle

Congrats.....I also will be picking up my 2SS from Grapevine this Spring.....hopefully.

Kyle.Gilmour 11-13-2008 09:45 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Txturbo (Post 189611)
.....hopefully.

Haha, I almost put "hopefully" in my reply as well, but figured I would think positively.
Yea, Classic seems to be the shit. They were very nice and helpful and the ONLY one of 15 in 3 states across the country that let me use my GMU discount and possibly my GMS.

Can't wait to meet up with yall.

Legend 11-13-2008 09:49 AM

Austin traffic is a b!tch!

Man...if they could fix the traffic problems Austin might very well be a perfect place!

Congrats on the raise and the move....sure we'll meet someday!

Kyle.Gilmour 11-13-2008 09:55 AM

Luckily all my driving is for fun, when I work it is in a different state, I am still in DC, have flown 109,000 miles in 9 months! Every week to DC.
I hardly ever drive now, I live downtown, so theres no reason. I will have the least miles of anyone on there Camaro, LOL

But yes,
Austin traffic is something else. how can you have two major highways, MOPACKED and I35 going in the same direction, yet still be at a stand still?

bnkriggs 03-19-2009 12:26 AM

the valley rocks

Xanthos 03-19-2009 12:29 AM

http://burrowowl.net/shimmie/get.php...20chainsaw.jpg
- Xanthos

Tactical Z 03-19-2009 02:26 AM

If I ever see you i'll holla!

a6pk2go 03-19-2009 02:43 AM

Welcome to Texas. Have a safe trip.........maybe you can follow a truck load of Camaro's all the way down. Be looking because I bet you at least see a few on the way.

Kyle.Gilmour 03-19-2009 08:00 AM

haha.. someone brought this thread out of its grave.

I moved to Austin 18 months ago! :)
I haven't seen any cars on the road yet, but hopefully mine will be delivered in the next couple months!

AUSTIN ROCKS... Anyone on here want to grab some beers downtown give me a PM

TheCavalry 03-19-2009 08:07 AM

Maybe we can link up when I get back to the states. My bro lives in Austin so I'm down there often