Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com (https://www.camaro5.com/forums/index.php)
-   Chevy Camaro vs... (https://www.camaro5.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=51)
-   -   Who would win in a race? (https://www.camaro5.com/forums/showthread.php?t=245672)

KrayzeCamaro 08-22-2012 10:15 PM

Who would win in a race?

Hello I was wondering in a race who would win? A BMW 535i or a Camaro LT? I am not talking about a drag way I am talking about a 535i trying to cut me off or race me on the street.

Posted from Camaro5.com App for Android

skipinminn 08-22-2012 10:29 PM

2010 GT Mustang Hurst pace Car vs 2010 SS/RS

Past weeknd I'm behind this Mustang GT Pace Car VERT. So I toss it up to 5th and start to go past as I go to shift back to 6th I see him grab for the Stick and he hits is hard so I drop to 3rd and Kick it hard and as we go through the rest of the gears he never did catch me. Now I have read they have 435hp. I have CAI and headers and flowmasters with street tires . Was a good little run :) I know he's got to be lighter. :thumbup: And not a car in sight behind or in front. Doesn't make it right. But I just couldn't help myself.:mad0259:

archtaan 08-22-2012 10:31 PM

If you race on the street then you have already lost.

That being said. Here is what a 535 would run

2011 BMW 535i 0-60 mph 5.5 Quarter Mile 13.9 Top Speed 155 computer limited

KrayzeCamaro 08-22-2012 10:48 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by skipinminn
Past weeknd I'm behind this Mustang GT Pace Car VERT. So I toss it up to 5th and start to go past as I go to shift back to 6th I see him grab for the Stick and he hits is hard so I drop to 3rd and Kick it hard and as we go through the rest of the gears he never did catch me. Now I have read they have 435hp. I have CAI and headers and flowmasters with street tires . Was a good little run I know he's got to be lighter. And not a car in sight behind or in front. Doesn't make it right. But I just couldn't help myself.

okay thanks your story actually helped with a few questions.

KrayzeCamaro 08-22-2012 10:50 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by archtaan
If you race on the street then you have already lost.

That being said. Here is what a 535 would run

2011 BMW 535i 0-60 mph 5.5 Quarter Mile 13.9 Top Speed 155 computer limited

okay yes it is bad to race on the street I was focusing on like not getting cut off.

KrayzeCamaro 08-22-2012 10:51 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by skipinminn
Past weeknd I'm behind this Mustang GT Pace Car VERT. So I toss it up to 5th and start to go past as I go to shift back to 6th I see him grab for the Stick and he hits is hard so I drop to 3rd and Kick it hard and as we go through the rest of the gears he never did catch me. Now I have read they have 435hp. I have CAI and headers and flowmasters with street tires . Was a good little run I know he's got to be lighter. And not a car in sight behind or in front. Doesn't make it right. But I just couldn't help myself.

Now I know I can take a 535i no problem. Since u took a mustang. thanks

midnighter 08-22-2012 10:53 PM

A crotch rocket would win.

MikeSVX 08-22-2012 11:48 PM

Really?? Now you got a double whammy. First: no street racing. Second: no posting the same thread in multiple sections.

I thought you would have figured out the first one in the other thread.

And IBTL

Brutal SS 08-23-2012 03:43 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by skipinminn (Post 5480408)
Past weeknd I'm behind this Mustang GT Pace Car VERT. So I toss it up to 5th and start to go past as I go to shift back to 6th I see him grab for the Stick and he hits is hard so I drop to 3rd and Kick it hard and as we go through the rest of the gears he never did catch me. Now I have read they have 435hp. I have CAI and headers and flowmasters with street tires . Was a good little run :) I know he's got to be lighter. :thumbup: And not a car in sight behind or in front. Doesn't make it right. But I just couldn't help myself.:mad0259:

The 2010 GT has 315hp, and the verts are a bit heavier then their hardtop counterparts.

JustCraig 08-23-2012 07:03 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by KrayzeCamaro (Post 5480518)
Now I know I can take a 535i no problem. Since u took a mustang. thanks

:facepalm: He is in an SS, you are in an LT.

08-G35s/6MT 08-23-2012 07:22 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by skipinminn (Post 5480408)

What does this have to do with anything ? :iono:

Loading..... 08-23-2012 11:36 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by JustCraig
:facepalm: He is in an SS, you are in an LT.

:word: