Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com (https://www.camaro5.com/forums/index.php)
-   5th Gen Camaro SS LS LT General Discussions (https://www.camaro5.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=2)
-   -   OEM Parts (https://www.camaro5.com/forums/showthread.php?t=508546)

Deputy347k9 09-20-2017 08:19 PM

OEM Parts

Besides by Camaro I also have a 96 Impala SS that I have very discreetly modified, including a six speed. During the early years the Impala boys had one Chevrolet parts manager named "Del" that would sell us all any OEM parts for 10% over cost. This huge savings went out the window when he retired.

Now that I also own a Camaro I am toying with a few modifications that will also include OEM parts.

My question is, 'is there any dealerships that caters to the Camaro owners by offering parts at 10% over cost?

My thanks,
Larry

speedup 09-20-2017 08:33 PM

when you find one let us know!

Deputy347k9 09-20-2017 08:40 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by speedup (Post 9913099)
when you find one let us know!

As I said, in the day when "Del" would give all of us our parts for 10% he had a super thriving business. Besides he was one of the most knowledgeable guys when it came to our 94-96 Impala SS cars.

I would have thought for sure a dealership would have jumped onto this forum, great for business!

Let's hope we can start something!

Fish-man 09-20-2017 08:40 PM

Generalmotorspartsonline.com
6pct over dealer cost.
Find a code and get 5pct off from there.

speedup 09-20-2017 09:20 PM

Those prices look great at generalmotorspartsonline, but prepare yourself for the shipping costs.

I looked up a part I was needing to check price, and they want $51 to ship a piece of weather stripping?

Subtotal Amount: $102.93
Estimated Shipping to Mckinney, TX: $51.22

I have had decent luck getting the part number and using ebay. I am also lucky enough to have a good dealer with lots of discounted parts local to me.

GMPartsClub.com is friendly chevy in Dallas TX. Good prices, and only 3 dollar charge to pick up local

Mr_Draco 09-20-2017 09:21 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Deputy347k9 (Post 9913081)
My question is, 'is there any dealerships that caters to the Camaro owners by offering parts at 10% over cost?

There are a bunch of GM parts sites online that do this, the thing is once you figure in shipping and handling fees, it actually costs more then what it cost to drive down to your local dealer and buy the part at full price from them. When I first bought my car and was buying stuff for it, most of the time I found it was cheaper to pay MSRP at my dealer cause of shipping and handling.

gringo 09-20-2017 10:21 PM

Try online price matching with your local dealer. Some Chevy dealers will do that so it will save you a ton on shipping.

Deputy347k9 09-21-2017 05:59 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by gringo (Post 9913212)
Try online price matching with your local dealer. Some Chevy dealers will do that so it will save you a ton on shipping.

Not that far from my home I have two GM dealerships, one Chevrolet and the other a GMC dealership. I wouldn't take a fur lined piss pot to the Chevrolet dealership, however, the GMC dealership has been extremely reliable.

I think I will go to GM direct get prices on my parts and then see if they will match them? Might be the best I can do.

Great ideal.

Deputy347k9 09-21-2017 01:09 PM

Went to my local GM dealership this morning. Getting ready to do an upgrade to the brake system so I needed to order new "torque to yield" bolts for front and back. Talked by tail off but the best they would do is cost plus 40%, no shipping of course.

Found 2 other dealerships that would not budge! What a markup in OEM parts!

speedup 09-21-2017 01:16 PM

They showed you what their actual cost was? I normally just see the retail price, then they discount it some, but never see the actual price they paid

Fish-man 09-21-2017 09:52 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by speedup (Post 9913152)
Those prices look great at generalmotorspartsonline, but prepare yourself for the shipping costs.

I looked up a part I was needing to check price, and they want $51 to ship a piece of weather stripping?

Subtotal Amount: $102.93
Estimated Shipping to Mckinney, TX: $51.22

I have had decent luck getting the part number and using ebay. I am also lucky enough to have a good dealer with lots of discounted parts local to me.

GMPartsClub.com is friendly chevy in Dallas TX. Good prices, and only 3 dollar charge to pick up local

Ya. Shipping can do it to you. But ive used them for stuff, when you need multiple parts... as shipping is incremental. But one piece at a time is more

Wizard1183 09-22-2017 10:08 AM

Weatherstripping....$50 shipping LMAO talk about an injection minus the lube. Part weights what? A few ounces? That's utterly ridiculous.

If you know someone who works at a dealership, they get it at cost. Just ask them to order it for you and give em 10% more?

gen5dewy 09-22-2017 10:20 AM

I am one of those that can get parts at 10% over cost. Just got a z/28 diffuser for a steal. Going to go broke as fast as i make money. Just gotta sell more cars

Cyber10 09-22-2017 01:48 PM

Become good friends with the parts manager, get parts at cost